News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Rate the latest movie you've seen.

Started by GalacticBusDriver, February 16, 2013, 12:37:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mykcob4

'All is Lost' starring Robert Redford. It's an artsy fartsy film about a man that is sailing by himself(never a good thing) in the middle of the Indian Ocean( also not a good thing). His boat is damaged by a container that fell off of a ship and floated around until it struck his sail boat. A storm comes up and further damages the sailboat beyond sea worthiness. He deploys a life raft and drifts. He tries to float to the commercial shipping lanes and actually makes it but the rare random ships don't see or respond to his flares. He sees a light and out of flares starts a fire that soon engulfs his life raft and send him into the ocean. Just about the time he gives up the light becomes a boat and a hand is extended saving his butt from drowning.
One word of dialogue in this whole two hour movie..."FUUUUUUCK"!
It is horrible. 0 out of 10!

caseagainstfaith

Never heard of All is Lost.  It is 95% on the Tomatometer. I guess it isn't everybody's cup of tea.  LOL.  Really the single word of dialog is "fuck"?  LOL
Please visit my site at http://www.caseagainstfaith.com  featuring critiques of Lee Strobel and other apologetics.

Notthesun

American Hustle - Great movie! Loved the cast. Christian Bale is amazing as always.

Grade: A

I love FROZEN!
Poster formerly known as Sky;Walker.

His life rushes onward in such torrential rhythm that only angels and devils can catch the tempo of it.

mykcob4

'Freezer' Dylan McDemott(sp).
Good, entertaining short. Twist at the end. 5 out 10.

Aroura33

Frozen 10/10.  Yep.

The only possible criticism of this movie is the gooby snowman, but my 6 year old laughed so hard every time he was on screen, it is pretty obvious who he's there for.

They rewrote Hans Christian Andersons "The Snow Queen" pretty heavily, but created a wonderful story.  The animation was beautiful and amazing. The songs are just fantastic!  I was instantly moved by "Do you want to build a snowman?", and later "Let it Go" is worthy of a Broadway production.
The characters are well written and the story keeps interest for all ages. It actually has a surprising plot twist, too.

Loved it!!
"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.  LLAP"
Leonard Nimoy

Notthesun

@Aroura33 OLAF?! He was amazing. I can't believe you didn't like him. He was pure joy. I loved him.

His life rushes onward in such torrential rhythm that only angels and devils can catch the tempo of it.

Shiranu

Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead: 10/10. I haven't finished the book, but it seems just as quarky and crazy as the book is.

To be fair, it did have some slow parts and what not, but I just love the story.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

jumper

Insult to Rocks

Quote from: "jumper"I saw "Walking with dinosaurs" a few weeks ago - I thought it was a cute movie and it was very informative. I liked it, so did my kids of course..
Uh oh. If I can remember right, "Walking With Dinosaurs" had a lot of factual problems. Alot of those "day in the life of a dino" specials do.
"We must respect the other fellow\'s religion, but only in the sense and to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart."
-- H. L. Mencken

Notthesun

Saw Frozen again today. Still love it.

Jason78

I saw The Agony and the Ecstasy staring Charlton Heston and Rex Harrison.  (practically the only two people in the film)

Basically, this guy Michelangelo is told to paint a ceiling.   And just like getting any contractor in, costs keep going up and it takes him ages to finish.

I gave it a rating of approximately 109.5
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

SGOS

Quote from: "Jason78"I saw The Agony and the Ecstasy staring Charlton Heston and Rex Harrison.  (practically the only two people in the film)

Basically, this guy Michelangelo is told to paint a ceiling.   And just like getting any contractor in, costs keep going up and it takes him ages to finish.

I gave it a rating of approximately 109.5
Contractors work fast.  They can finish a job in a timely fashion... If they show up, which of course, is the problem with most contractors.   :-D

leo

Quote from: "Notthesun"Saw Frozen again today. Still love it.
Frozen is a excellent movie indeed . 9/10
Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .

Aroura33

Quote from: "Notthesun"Saw Frozen again today. Still love it.
Yep, I just rewatched it again, and it is still a 10/10 for me too.  On the second rewatch, I must say Olaf grew on me.  He is cute, and his solo "in summer" is so funny in a super ironic way.  

My only dislike upon a rewatch is the love song by the trolls.  I really don't like that scene. It is really out of character for the rest of the movie.  And I think the trolls themselves are ok, good animation and design.  Just really not liking the song right at that spot.

"Let it Go" makes me want to BE the Snow Queen.  And I'm not alone, my daughter has already declared she wants me to make her this costume for Halloween (please).  She's got exactly that white blond hair, but I'm concerned it is a little overly sexy for a 7 year old.  I think if I make it without the slit, it will be fine. :)  sorry, got a little off topic there.  I just love this movie so much!  I'm glad to see Disney seems to be having a second renaissance.
"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.  LLAP"
Leonard Nimoy

Notthesun

That is probably my least favorite song also. Let it go, build a snowman, and for the first time in forever are incredible! I love it.

Olaf is amazing. I love how happy he always is. Always smiling.