News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Rate the latest movie you've seen.

Started by GalacticBusDriver, February 16, 2013, 12:37:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Hydra009 on April 29, 2019, 11:18:52 AM
Apparently they do, because it topped $350 million domestically.
The gauntlet  was thrown.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Hydra009

Avengers Endgame spoilers without context:

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Blackleaf

Well, I doubt the MCU will ever be able to top Infinity War / End Game from either a storytelling or moneymaking perspective, but it's not like they're suddenly going to fade away into nothing. It'll probably be less of a downhill trend and more of a plateau.

"Oh no! This new Marvel movie only made $150,000,000 in its opening weekend! What a tragic failure!"
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Gawdzilla Sama

I think that now that they know how things will continue to improve.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

SGOS

I just walked in the door from the Tuesday matinee.  It's a wonderful film.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: SGOS on April 30, 2019, 04:24:28 PM
I just walked in the door from the Tuesday matinee.  It's a wonderful film.

Oh you are back. Hello. *Waves.

I haven't seen it yet.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

SGOS

https://editorial.rottentomatoes.com/guide/best-superhero-movies-of-all-time/

Here's some click bait from Rotten Tomatoes:  The 71 Best Superhero Movies of All Time.  71?  Really?  I couldn't name 71 off the top of my head.  They should have just called the article All Superhero Movies Ever Made.  But these are the best, mind you, so presumably there are some stinkers that didn't make the list.  In fact, many stinkers are on the list.  Think of a superhero movie.  It will probably be on the list.  I made it 1/3 of the way through.

Gawdzilla Sama

Demi-gods would count as "superheroes". Heracles, Achilles, etc. The field gets crowded quickly that way.
PZ Myers

Hydra009

Quote from: SGOS on April 30, 2019, 06:23:15 PM
https://editorial.rottentomatoes.com/guide/best-superhero-movies-of-all-time/

Here's some click bate from Rotten Tomatoes:  The 71 Best Superhero Movies of All Time.  71?  Really?  I couldn't name 71 off the top of my head.  They should have just called the article All Superhero Movies Ever Made.  But these are the best, mind you, so presumably there are some stinkers that didn't make the list.  In fact, many stinkers are on the list.  Think of a superhero movie.  It will probably be on the list.  I made it 1/3 of the way through.
Does the Rocketeer really count?  That's more pulpy than superheroey, imo, though there's a lot of overlap.

He doesn't even have any powers...*slowly realizes that a lot of heroes, from Batman to Kick-Ass, don't have powers*

I mean, by that logic we might as well consider Indiana Jones to be a superhero and that's just crazy...  *seriously considers it for a second*

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on April 30, 2019, 07:33:27 PM
Demi-gods would count as "superheroes". Heracles, Achilles, etc. The field gets crowded quickly that way.

We know which one Munch "likes".  That Iolas ..
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

"Super" would be, I think, a person who has abilities, from whatever means/sources, above that of the common person. Remember that PR is their greatest power, same with villains.
PZ Myers

SoldierofFortune

I cannot endure to watch film because i cannot sit and focus for 2 hours at a time;
i am getting bored while watching.

Is there any of you who have the same problem?

Gawdzilla Sama

Some films, sure. I've been trying to watch "Batman v. Superman" since it hit  blu ray.
PZ Myers

drunkenshoe

I watched it today. I liked it.

[spoiler]I had no idea I liked Stark. I felt bad. :/ I got emotional. Also liked that Cap got his life back. [/spoiler]
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp