Pope Seeks Immunity Protection From Italian President

Started by stromboli, February 15, 2013, 02:18:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobby_Ouroborus

Quote from: "Nonsensei"
Quote from: "Bobby_Ouroborus"
Quote from: "SvZurich"The Italian Government IS Italy.  And if he leaves Vatican City (much like Julian Assange leaving the Ecuadorian Embassy), he could be arrested by the nation surrounding where he resides.

And the government of Italy has a treaty with the Papal State which recognizes the Papal State as its own sovereign state and the Pope as the head of that state thereby that mean that the Pope has diplomatic immunity just like any other head of state who visits Italy. They can't and will not touch. This whole thing is merely wishful thinking.

Once he ceases to be the Pope he is no longer the head of anything. In the eyes of the law he is just some guy who aided and abetted child rape.

In the eyes of the law he will still be a man connected to power and influence and money . And money and power talks and the moral outrage of powerless peons walks. Nothing will happen to the man.

DunkleSeele

Quote from: "stromboli"http://www.stuartwilde.com/2013/02/popeseeks-immunity-protection-from-italian-president/#.UR2SyBbzf5a.facebook

QuoteItalian newspapers are reporting today that Pope Benedict is to seek immunity and protection from Italian President Giorgio Napolitano on February 23 for allegations against the Pope of child sex crimes.  Stuart Wilde http://www.stuartwilde.com

Story: Posted on February 14, 2013 by itccs

International Tribunal calls on Napolitano to "not collude in criminality", and announces global campaign to occupy Vatican property and launch human rights inquiry in Italy

Rome (9 am local time):

Pope Benedict, Joseph Ratzinger, has scheduled a meeting with Italian President Giorgio Napolitano for Saturday, February 23 to discuss securing protection and immunity from prosecution from the Italian government, according to Italian media sources.

Ratzinger's meeting follows upon the apparent receipt by the Vatican of a diplomatic note from an undisclosed European government on February 4, stating its intention to issue an arrest warrant for Ratzinger, who resigned from his pontificate less than a week later.

In response to the February 23 meeting, the International Tribunal into Crimes of Church and State (ITCCS), through its field Secretary, Rev. Kevin Annett, has written to President Napolitano, asking him to refrain from assisting Ratzinger in evading justice.

So the previous thread about Pedopope was true. Good. Hope they burn this fucker at the stake, and every dirty dicked cardinal underneath him.
Much as I would like to see Herr Pedopapst and the whole cathothug church to be brought down, I call bullshit on this story.

First of all, there's no credible Italian newspaper reporting about this alleged meeting between Nazinger and Napolitano. Italian is my mother tongue and all I was able to find was a couple of blogs basically parroting the ITCSS website.

Secondly, the ITCSS is no real tribunal or official organisation able to bring charges against anyone. I don't really know much about its founder Kevin Annett and, therefore, I'm not going to pass judgements on him but it seems to me that the whole story is just wishful thinking.

Thirdly, all the Ratz has to do once he's not the Pope anymore is to stay in the Vatican. No officals of other countries will be able to even go and question him, let alone charge him with anything. That is exactly the kind of protection the Vatican - through Nazinger's predecessor - granted archbishop Marcinkus when the Italian police wanted to question him on account of a big financial scandal involving the Vatican's bank and several misterious deaths (this story was also the base for the plot of "The Godfather part III").

DunkleSeele

Quote from: "Shiranu""Il papa Benedicto", not "el"... its not Spain.

/ultranickpick

Actually, it's "Il papa Benedetto" /meganitpick  8-)

NonXNonExX

I thought it was "il papa bentadicto."  :twisted:
Confident in the goodness of the Truth, Christians of all people should be the most open to honest inquiry and generous intellectual dialogue. They should not be defensive or desperate; they should be even more committed to seeking and serving the Truth than the professors are.
Timothy Dalrymple, Xtian blogger

Recently discovered Xtian principle: I\'m OK, you may be OK, and they are definitely not OK.

Mathias

Not only does this "maledeto" should be prosecuted, as the Vatican would have to pay for all the families of the victims of pedophilia and arrest everyone involved. Practicing any kind of violence against children is something so despicable that there are enough adjectives to describe these "people".
"There is no logic in the existence of any god".
Myself.

Howandwhy?

I'm just totally shocked and disgusted that any human being can let this happen. Why are they allowed to get away with this I really don't understand. I must confess I am a bit ignorant of the subject and just wondered he anyone would be kind enough to give me a general low down on the whole catholic church and pedophiles. Has the church given any information over to police or do they continue to denie and cover up?

Mathias

Quote from: "Howandwhy?"I'm just totally shocked and disgusted that any human being can let this happen. Why are they allowed to get away with this I really don't understand. I must confess I am a bit ignorant of the subject and just wondered he anyone would be kind enough to give me a general low down on the whole catholic church and pedophiles. Has the church given any information over to police or do they continue to denie and cover up?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-21408033

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-21412609

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-11141340
"There is no logic in the existence of any god".
Myself.

The Non Prophet

I hope he gets extradited for crimes against little boys worldwide and further infecting Aids in Africa.

Fidel_Castronaut

Well Italy doesn't have a president at the moment owing to their hung parliamentary elections.

Anyone would have tonight the pope timed his resignation to coincide with elections that were widely tipped to be inconclusive in their results...
lol, marquee. HTML ROOLZ!

DunkleSeele

Quote from: "Fidel_Castronaut"Well Italy doesn't have a president at the moment owing to their hung parliamentary elections.

Anyone would have tonight the pope timed his resignation to coincide with elections that were widely tipped to be inconclusive in their results...
Italy has a president, Mr. Giorgio Napolitano. Because of the parliamentary elections, Italy doesn't have a Prime Minister.

BarkAtTheMoon

http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/26/world/eur ... ?hpt=hp_t1

Sounds like this half pope title he's going to have will probably be used to keep any diplomatic immunity he has. The Vatican will never let a pope go down to civilian authorities as long as they have even the smallest amount of influence.

I bet there will be some serious infighting during conclave. They should drop the secrecy and show it live on tv.  :popcorn:
"When you landed on the moon, that was the point when God should have come up and said hello. Because if you invent some creatures and you put them on the blue one and they make it to the grey one, then you fucking turn up and say, 'Well done.' It's just a polite thing to do." - Eddie Izzard

NonXNonExX

A live conclave broadcast would be awesome, sort of like C-Span meets the Supranos or maybe like the TV series about the Borgias. They could call it V-Span or Vatispan or Pope puree. I know i'd watch it.  =D>
Confident in the goodness of the Truth, Christians of all people should be the most open to honest inquiry and generous intellectual dialogue. They should not be defensive or desperate; they should be even more committed to seeking and serving the Truth than the professors are.
Timothy Dalrymple, Xtian blogger

Recently discovered Xtian principle: I\'m OK, you may be OK, and they are definitely not OK.