Pope Seeks Immunity Protection From Italian President

Started by stromboli, February 15, 2013, 02:18:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SilentFutility

If he had nothing to hide and had no fear of prosecution for his henious crimes he wouldn't have to seek a diplomatic force field.

Fidel_Castronaut

lol, marquee. HTML ROOLZ!

Johan

Quote from: "BarkAtTheMoon"It would be perfect with the big hat.
Couldn't find a good full body shot of him in the big hat. This is the best I could do.

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

WitchSabrina

Quote from: "Fidel_Castronaut"Where's Azzi when you need her?

I think I found her on another forum.  Oh Azzi.  Wonder what she would have had to say about all this?
I want to laugh.  But that would be laughing at Azzi who's feelings I think were/are quite sincere.  *sigh*  Oh the deluded - what ugly lives they lead.
I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.

pr126

Quoteno head of state of any nation will want to piss off 1.2 billion of the world's population.
Still, I wouldn't expect many catholics rioting, burning down embassies or strapping on suicide wests and exploding randomly all over the place.

Bobby_Ouroborus

Quote from: "pr126"
Quoteno head of state of any nation will want to piss off 1.2 billion of the world's population.
Still, I wouldn't expect many catholics rioting, burning down embassies or strapping on suicide wests and exploding randomly all over the place.

You don't know Catholic history, particularly in Ireland. And yes I expect some Catholic would do worse if any other state tried to lift a fingernail against the Pope, and that is one of the reasons it is never going to happen.

SilentFutility

Quote from: "drunkenshoe"He will get away with it under any circumstances. Even if he gets prosecuted -unlikely- they will say he is so old and sick to do time. This is so disgusting.
Yeah he will.

Mermaid

This is a good day for atheists, I think. A gigantic crack in the foundation of the vile, corrupt Catholic organization. I don't give a shit if more people become atheists, but I do give a shit that such a gigantic and ancient organization hurts as many people as they do. Fuckers. Maybe more people will understand what it is all about and stay the hell away from the Catholic church.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Mermaid

Quote from: "Johan"
Couldn't find a good full body shot of him in the big hat. This is the best I could do.

You are going to hell for this, you realize.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

NitzWalsh

It's probably a bit of a fallacy to do this, but I'm taking his attempt at seeking immunity as admission of his guilt.
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
~ Arthur C. Clarke

Shiranu

"Il papa Benedicto", not "el"... its not Spain.

/ultranickpick

I have always had a strong distaste for the Vatican and rejoice every time they prove just how big of sleazes they are.

The two best things that could happen to Italy imo are seizing the Vatican as state land and the exile of the Berlusconi family. Shame neither will happen.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Bibliofagus

Quote from: "Johan"

:lol:
Quote from: \"the_antithesis\"Faith says, "I believe this and I don\'t care what you say, I cannot possibly be wrong." Faith is an act of pride.

Quote from: \"AllPurposeAtheist\"The moral high ground was dug up and made into a walmart apparently today.

Tornadoes caused: 2, maybe 3.

SilentFutility

Quote from: "Shiranu""Il papa Benedicto", not "el"... its not Spain.

/ultranickpick
Nit pick, it's not nick pick. You've missed an apostrophe as well.

Gerard

Quote from: "drunkenshoe"
Quote from: "Bobby_Ouroborus"This is a bunch of bullshit.

The Pope does not have to ask for immunity from any other head of state because no head of state of any nation will want to piss off 1.2 billion of the world's population. And also El Papa is the head of his own state, he is already immune from any sort of prosecution of any crimes excluding war crime which means only the U.N. could prosecute him and if you think that would ever happen...you are living in delusion land.

I was thinking spmething like this.

Isn't this equal to a PM of a country asking another country's PM for immunity? What does it even mean?

He will get away with it under any circumstances. Even if he gets prosecuted -unlikely- they will say he is so old and sick to do time. This is so disgusting.

So did I. Being a resident of the Vatican City he has nothing to fear from Italian justice system. Not now and not when he become an ex-pope. My BS meter is twiching at this story.

Gerard

leo

Quote from: "Gerard"
Quote from: "drunkenshoe"
Quote from: "Bobby_Ouroborus"This is a bunch of bullshit.

The Pope does not have to ask for immunity from any other head of state because no head of state of any nation will want to piss off 1.2 billion of the world's population. And also El Papa is the head of his own state, he is already immune from any sort of prosecution of any crimes excluding war crime which means only the U.N. could prosecute him and if you think that would ever happen...you are living in delusion land.

I was thinking spmething like this.

Isn't this equal to a PM of a country asking another country's PM for immunity? What does it even mean?

He will get away with it under any circumstances. Even if he gets prosecuted -unlikely- they will say he is so old and sick to do time. This is so disgusting.

So did I. Being a resident of the Vatican City he has nothing to fear from Italian justice system. Not now and not when he become an ex-pope. My BS meter is twiching at this story.

Gerard
The pope is the enemy of humanity . He should be in jail .
Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .