News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

If you were god what would you do

Started by MagetheEntertainer, January 25, 2015, 07:43:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MagetheEntertainer

Other then stop being an Atheist, what would you do if you were suddenly given all the power of the Christian/Muslim god?  I would probably change every bodies idea of modern religion to be the same way we look at the ancient Greek religion, as mythology like it should be.  Then give everyone an IQ of 120+ maybe the world will start being a little more progressive.

Munch

make the whole world gay, except a small percentage in texas.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

stromboli

Quote from: Munch on January 25, 2015, 07:53:42 PM
make the whole world gay, except a small percentage in texas.

Munch

okay okay, I'd make an island of Brazilian women too, who unlike all the other women on earth who are now lesbian, they exist to help carry on the species.

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Shiranu

In all seriousness I don't know how much I would change, honestly. To fix the problems of this world, I would have to completely destroy free will and over-ride millions of years of evolutionary programing. I would basically have to destroy everything that makes us human to achieve my goal of ending suffering. To me, that should not be my choice to make but each individuals.

Perhaps then offer a way out of suffering, such as for those who truly want it (and work towards it)... perhaps over-ride all those evolutionary traits then, with the option for them to return to their old-self any time they want. But then I feel like these people would be very easy to exploit, almost like the Tranquil from Dragon Age. The only solution I can see then is to transport them to a Utopia, but this then leaves their family or friends who didn't want to leave grieving for them, which means I have created more suffering. Maybe the Utopians could live like elves, where they are "immortal" but can choose to fade away when ever they choose.

No, being a god would not be fun. Either you have to watch suffering happen and do nothing about it, or actively destroy so much of what it means to be human to prevent it. The best I could do, I think, would be to provide them guidance on the way to Enlightenment and encourage it.

The other bits would be fun, though; I would spend the rest of time exploring the universe and wiping my memory of the amazing things I saw so I could see them all over again for the first time. Would also create races and planets just for my own amusement.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

aitm

I would wipe out all humanity in a great flood and start over….seriously.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

stromboli

If I were god I would fill the world with Asian women in cosplay.

Sal1981

Blink mosquitoes out of existence, or at least malaria, for a start. Then, I would present myself to the world and give divine directions and my 1 sole commandment: Don't be an ass to others as you don't want others to be ass unto yourself.

Dunno what else I would do from there on. Just watch the mayhem, I guess.

SGOS

If I were God I would have a lot of self doubt about my powers to fix one god damned thing.  Why don't I have the power to just make everyone do what I want?  What's the point of being a god, if I don't do anything?  I can't even prove I exist.  Why do I reveal myself to humans in things like a burning bush?  "I think I'll reveal myself to Moses by being I burning bush.  I also considered being a talking donkey, but I opted for the burning bush.  I don't know why.  It seemed like a good idea."

stromboli

I would wipe the earth of humans, wait for the earth to regenerate itself, then create women of all different shapes and sizes and then be adam to eve, eve, eve, eve, eve, eve, eve, eve, eve, eve, eve, eve, eve,.........................

GrinningYMIR

Quote from: Munch on January 25, 2015, 08:50:00 PM
okay okay, I'd make an island of Brazilian women too, who unlike all the other women on earth who are now lesbian, they exist to help carry on the species.

Can I go to that island as a straight guy?

Maybe some polish girls too?
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

dtq123

...Party God?

Seriously, I would come down from "heaven" and just tell everyone to party!!! O0 :super:

Harem time!
A dark cloud looms over.
Festive cheer does not help much.
What is this, "Justice?"

Jason78

I'd wait for physicists to just start getting the hang of classical mechanics, and then I'd introduce something so weird and trippy that it's going to take them another couple of hundred years to figure it out.

I might have already done that though...
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

the_antithesis

Boobies would be powerless against my ability to look at them.