Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

TV Series Thread

Started by PickelledEggs, August 26, 2014, 06:28:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trdsf

Quote from: Blackleaf on July 24, 2019, 01:06:55 PM
https://www.facebook.com/invaderzim/videos/376621363043872/

Well, and I was about to let my Netflix membership lapse... scratch that.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Sal1981

5th episode of The Loudest Voice is the 2012 re-election to 2014. Shows Roger Ailes as losing his mind and paying off a mistress he abused for $3.5m and his media relations aid for $8m of 17 years. Now he's surrounded by merely yes-men at the end of 2014.

Draconic Aiur

Saw this show called The Boys, pretty good. 8/10

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on July 30, 2019, 06:50:27 PM
Saw this show called The Boys, pretty good. 8/10

Saw the first ep, liked it, so now I'm reading the comic first.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

drunkenshoe

Have you guys seen 'After Life'?

Not giving any hint or even an actor name. It calmed me. It's dead warmed up and cuddly.   
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Cavebear

Quote from: drunkenshoe on August 06, 2019, 05:51:03 PM
Have you guys seen 'After Life'?

Not giving any hint or even an actor name. It calmed me. It's dead warmed up and cuddly.

The last couple of episodes of Dragonball Super are coming next Saturday.  Silly show, but I'm addicted...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Hydra009

I've been rewatching Final Space.  It really is an amazing, amazing show.

It's one of those scifi action-comedy shows we've all seen a million times over, but this one is different, and it's difficult for me to explain how.  It takes familiar scifi tropes but tweaks them just enough to feel unique and pairs it with a surprisingly deep character arc.

It kinda falls flat as a comedy, because most of the gags are dumb and don't really land.  It also feels like the show is missing about a season's worth of backstory, and Gary's voice acting is still horrifically grating.  But the visuals are good, there's a steady progression of worldbuilding, plenty of colorful characters, good action, etc.

The thing that sets it apart is that pretty regularly in the first season, there are some serious WHAM episodes.  Major pathos.  This is the only show I've seen that has me chuckling at something one minute and on the verge of tears the next.

More episodes.  I need more episodes!

Cavebear

Quote from: Hydra009 on August 12, 2019, 11:50:34 PM
I've been rewatching Final Space.  It really is an amazing, amazing show.

It's one of those scifi action-comedy shows we've all seen a million times over, but this one is different, and it's difficult for me to explain how.  It takes familiar scifi tropes but tweaks them just enough to feel unique and pairs it with a surprisingly deep character arc.

It kinda falls flat as a comedy, because most of the gags are dumb and don't really land.  It also feels like the show is missing about a season's worth of backstory, and Gary's voice acting is still horrifically grating.  But the visuals are good, there's a steady progression of worldbuilding, plenty of colorful characters, good action, etc.

The thing that sets it apart is that pretty regularly in the first season, there are some serious WHAM episodes.  Major pathos.  This is the only show I've seen that has me chuckling at something one minute and on the verge of tears the next.

More episodes.  I need more episodes!

Where can it be viewed?

Sal1981

The final episode of Legion is quite interesting.

Hydra009

Quote from: Cavebear on August 13, 2019, 12:54:10 AM
Where can it be viewed?
TBS.  Or the usual streaming services.

On a related note, I'm all caught up and let me tell ya, that latest WHAM episode had me like:

Cavebear

Quote from: Hydra009 on August 14, 2019, 11:44:00 PM
TBS.  Or the usual streaming services.

On a related note, I'm all caught up and let me tell ya, that latest WHAM episode had me like:

Well, I'm enjoying Archer and Dragonball Super.  They aren't anything alike, but I get a kick from each.  Sterling Archer cracks me up as a spy-spoof.  His basic strategy is do the need of the moment and trust the next problem to be solvable of the fly.  Mother is weird and I love the way she mostly just drinks all day.  But when things get rough, she is very skilled.  The other characters are equally weird in their own ways.  Sterling once said he always just trusts to luck. 

I think that because that is so opposite from my experience that he fascinates me.

And then there is Dragonball Super.  I've been watching iterations of this series for a decade at least.  The animation is poor (very repetitive and still at times).  It drives me to laughter seeing some of the characters just alternately breath heavily and change head colors.  But there is something about it that makes me keep watching.  I suppose it is the changing opponents. 

In comic books and the movies from them, it is always the same old villains over and over again.  In dragonball, they keep coming up with new ones.  And sometimes the villains even become allies.  You don't see that very often!

drunkenshoe

I'm waiting for Rick and Morty's 4th season.

I have seen Good Omens lately, I liked it. It was really good.

Also I read that a group of Christians made petition and asked Netflix to stop the blasphemy while it is an Amazon series. So it is worth to watch just because of that, lol.   

Has anyone seen the Blacklist series? I hear it is good.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on August 15, 2019, 03:23:00 AM

Also I read that a group of Christians made petition and asked Netflix to stop the blasphemy while it is an Amazon series. So it is worth to watch just because of that, lol.   

My English ancestors were nearby to the neighborhood in Lancaster what inspired (very loosely) Good Omens.  Pendle Witch Trial of 1612.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: drunkenshoe on August 15, 2019, 03:23:00 AM

It's only been 3 seasons?  Seems like 10.  And yes, I love that disgusting drooling misanthropic bastard...  But I love to watch it the way I would love to see the 2 biggest bullies from High School actually kill each other. 

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 15, 2019, 12:59:52 PM
It's only been 3 seasons?  Seems like 10.  And yes, I love that disgusting drooling misanthropic bastard...  But I love to watch it the way I would love to see the 2 biggest bullies from High School actually kill each other.

Rick & Morty channels some good shit.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.