Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Post your funny pictures here!!! part Deux

Started by Nam, July 26, 2014, 08:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on September 26, 2018, 05:52:16 PM
Patrick star is the worst

Sandy the Squirrel is the best.  She's from Texas.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

SGOS

Quote from: Munch on September 03, 2018, 09:13:20 PM

I've seen the actual painting at the Art Institute of Chicago.  This was long ago, and even before I knew it had been widely acclaimed, I was mesmerized by the intimacy and "thing" it captures.  I think everyone who sees it has the feeling that they have been in that empty restaurant where they tried to hold onto what remains of the evening after the dance ends, the theaters close, and the crowds go home.  I think I did wonder about the door, but not too much as it could be out of the frame, even though a corner restaurant almost always opens to the intersection.

Hydra009

Shiranu

There are two certainties in life... death and taxes... oh, and that Ann Coulter can take stupid to the next level.

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Shiranu

Quote from: SGOS on September 27, 2018, 05:36:10 AM
I've seen the actual painting at the Art Institute of Chicago.  This was long ago, and even before I knew it had been widely acclaimed, I was mesmerized by the intimacy and "thing" it captures.  I think everyone who sees it has the feeling that they have been in that empty restaurant where they tried to hold onto what remains of the evening after the dance ends, the theaters close, and the crowds go home.  I think I did wonder about the door, but not too much as it could be out of the frame, even though a corner restaurant almost always opens to the intersection.

Yeah, I guess I would be a terrible art critic. I just assume that the door isn't there because the picture doesn't extend far enough to see the door. Unless the artist clearly states otherwise, I don't know why you would think anything else.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Shiranu on September 29, 2018, 12:31:20 AM
There are two certainties in life... death and taxes... oh, and that Ann Coulter can take stupid to the next level.

Borked.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Munch

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Munch on September 29, 2018, 03:41:55 PM
Darwin award that one.
♫You put the lime
in the coconut,
And drink 'em both up.♫
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Hijiri Byakuren

Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Munch

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Gawdzilla Sama

You should only wear those things in your bassment.
PZ Myers

Unbeliever

And only when you're playing your bass guitar.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman