Started by Nam, July 26, 2014, 08:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gilgamesh

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Hydra009

Unbeliever

I don't know, I thought it was kinda funny.
God Not Found

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh

Unbeliever

God Not Found

Unbeliever

God Not Found

Unbeliever

God Not Found

Cavebear

Quote from: Hydra009 on September 27, 2017, 10:52:37 PM

Super-rich athletes using a sports event on a captive audience is bad.  But routine police murder is far worse.  Let the police-murder of minorities stop and the protests will go away.

And I want to add that I tried to make an equivalency between the 2 events several times drafting this post and realized there was no equivalency at all.  Murder is so far worse than kneeling in protest of the murders...

Sometimes you have to try to put things in words to realize how ludicrous the comparisons are.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Gawdzilla Sama

CB you do realize that you have a 1/110,000,000 chance of being shot by a police officer in the US on any given day?
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Cavebear

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on September 28, 2017, 06:43:12 AM
CB you do realize that you have a 1/110,000,000 chance of being shot by a police officer in the US on any given day?

Well, first, *I* have little likelihood of being shot by a police officer for just standing around.   I'm an 60ish white guy in a suburban neighborhood, I seldom leave my yard, and I drive a police-officer-approved black SUV with clear windows.  I don't trigger police fears.

Second, "On any given day" is a false measurement.   I will die someday but the likelihood of "any given day" is also logically vanishingly small.  Don't use bad stats...

Third, I have a "Get Out Of Jail Free" card on my dashboard and a Bavarian Creme doughnut to offer.  JOKE...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Gawdzilla Sama

You don't understand averages?

BTW, 90% of the people shot by police are white. You shouldn't let the internet lead you around by the nose.
PZ Myers