News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Post your funny pictures here!!! part Deux

Started by Nam, July 26, 2014, 08:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pr126

If instead of the church it was a mosque on the sign, he would be a bigot.

Hydra009

To be fair, he says now that he's learned more about the department he regrets calling for it to be eliminated.  Probably should've started that whole learning process as step #1, though.

Shiranu

Quote from: pr126 on January 23, 2017, 12:48:07 PM

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hydra009

Ha!  I still have him on ignore, so I didn't notice that before.  So I take it PR doesn't realize that separation of church and state involves religion in general and not just Christianity?

Hijiri Byakuren

He wondered why no one recognized him during his second coming. Then one day he looked down at his reflection in the water.

It was at that moment Jesus knew... he fucked up.

Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Atheon

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Atheon

Only in your strawman fantasy world, pr.

You should try reality for a change. You might like it.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on January 26, 2017, 01:19:25 AM
He wondered why no one recognized him during his second coming. Then one day he looked down at his reflection in the water.

It was at that moment Jesus knew... he fucked up.

"God is real, and he's AMERICAN!"
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Hydra009

Quote from: Atheon on January 26, 2017, 04:57:44 AMWTF does "salty" mean, anyway?
Broadly, it means someone who's upset or bitter.  But it can also specifically describe someone who's mad and embarrassed because of being defeated in a video game.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Hydra009 on January 26, 2017, 12:13:57 PM
Broadly, it means someone who's upset or bitter.  But it can also specifically describe someone who's mad and embarrassed because of being defeated in a video game.
In the USN "salty" is someone who has a fair amount of time at sea.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Unbeliever

This country isn't in any danger of becoming a Muslim theocracy, it's only
Christians who want to grab secular power here. When Muslims become a danger of taking over our government, we will oppose them just as much.

But I bet you'd welcome a Christian theocracy, wouldn't you?
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Unbeliever

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on January 26, 2017, 12:14:40 PM
In the USN "salty" is someone who has a fair amount of time at sea.
Also known as a "swab-jockey." Or does that only apply to sailors with less experience?
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Unbeliever on January 26, 2017, 04:39:05 PM
Also known as a "swab-jockey." Or does that only apply to sailors with less experience?
That would be a n00b. Fit only to swab decks. And they'll probably fuck that up.
PZ Myers

Hydra009

This thread has so many text-only posts that I almost forgot it was originally about sharing funny pictures.