Is there anyone who can't declare himself an atheist like me ?

Started by muharram, July 20, 2014, 08:15:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

muharram

I'm an Indonesian atheist
In my country,you CAN'T be an atheist. Because you MUST have a religion in order to became a citizen.
Is there anyone else who have the same problem as i am ?

SGOS

Can you declare a religion without having to participate in it?

aitm

welcome to the forum. I have heard of that, damn shame. Maybe in another 50 years or so eh?
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

StupidWiz

Quote from: muharram on July 20, 2014, 08:15:41 AM
I'm an Indonesian atheist
In my country,you CAN'T be an atheist. Because you MUST have a religion in order to became a citizen.
I can't either, our country sucks, doesn't it? Welcome to the forum. :D

Tinggal di mana? Gw di Jakarta. :)
... To teach superstitions as truths is the most terrible thing. The child mind accepts and believes them, and only through great pain and perhaps tragedy can they be in after years relieved of them. - Hypatia

muharram

no,you can't declare you are an atheist. you are forced to choose between 6 religions.
i think that's the worst part, goverment doesnt care you are religious or not,as long as you dont show it.
kinda pointless i think,everyone who atheism is pretending to be a theist in public hahahaha.

@StupidWiz : Bandung bos, dulu gw sempet di bekasi

AllPurposeAtheist

File an appeal to become a Toothfarianist. I'll back you up on it and tell em you're ordained.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Jason Harvestdancer

Quote from: StupidWiz on July 20, 2014, 09:51:14 AM
Quote from: muharram on July 20, 2014, 08:15:41 AMI'm an Indonesian atheist

On another topic...

I have a friend of mixed South-East Asian descent who enjoys going to Renaissance Fairs here in Southern California.  What would be a traditional woman's garb between the years 1300 to 1600 of the Western calendar?

She usually goes in Western Renaissance clothing, simply because that's what we know about here in the US, but she would like to show up in something authentic to her heritage.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

muharram

StupidWiz

Quote from: muharram on July 21, 2014, 06:50:44 PM
off course, and the leprechaun is my prophet no ? lol
I prefer Invisible Pink Unicorn as the Goddess to be honest. :))
... To teach superstitions as truths is the most terrible thing. The child mind accepts and believes them, and only through great pain and perhaps tragedy can they be in after years relieved of them. - Hypatia

AllPurposeAtheist

Here in my country the tooth fairy actually brings money, cold hard cash to kids in exchange for teeth. You should petition your government to allow her dental deity to at least visit and be allowed to worship her as you please. It's not as if kids there don't lose teeth..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

muharram

Quote from: Jason_Harvestdancer on July 21, 2014, 12:44:12 PM

On another topic...

I have a friend of mixed South-East Asian descent who enjoys going to Renaissance Fairs here in Southern California.  What would be a traditional woman's garb between the years 1300 to 1600 of the Western calendar?

She usually goes in Western Renaissance clothing, simply because that's what we know about here in the US, but she would like to show up in something authentic to her heritage.

you can try batik garb, if i'm not wrong batik has been indonesian clothing from 600 AD. you can search more about batik sir :D

Cocoa Beware

Can you fake it without having to devote any time or effort?

In that case I suppose it could be worse.

Jason Harvestdancer

Quote from: muharram on July 21, 2014, 07:41:24 PM
you can try batik garb, if i'm not wrong batik has been indonesian clothing from 600 AD. you can search more about batik sir :D

Interesting.  Batik is a type of cloth, but when I google "Batik clothing" I get links to some very beautiful clothing.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

muharram

Quote from: Cocoa Beware on July 22, 2014, 07:34:29 AM
Can you fake it without having to devote any time or effort?

In that case I suppose it could be worse.

no i can't,actually this month is Moslem's fasting or "puasa",so from 4 am untill 6 pm i can't eat,drink,smoke,sex,angry etc.
it's pointless but hey,you don't wanna make "God" angry.

Cocoa Beware

Quote from: muharram on July 22, 2014, 03:50:31 PM
no i can't,actually this month is Moslem's fasting or "puasa",so from 4 am untill 6 pm i can't eat,drink,smoke,sex,angry etc.
it's pointless but hey,you don't wanna make "God" angry.

That is unhappy news.

Are you allowed to convert to another religion that isnt as demanding, or is everyone else still obligated to do what the Muslims say?

I hope you can find a legal loophole or something to get out of your situation.