Main Menu

muhammad was a pedophile?

Started by robert04330, July 04, 2014, 02:51:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nam

Quote from: IKnowTheTruth8874 on July 15, 2014, 01:21:26 AM
Yes, Muhammad was indeed a pedophile.

So was Biblegod.

QuoteIslam was created by the devil to deceive people worldwide.

Evidence?

QuoteThe 'angel of light' that appeared to Muhammad was indeed foretold in the Holy Bible, that Satan would appear as an angel of light to deceive a charismatic leader.

Evidence?

QuoteCurse you all TO HELL.

Evidence?

-Nam
Mad cow disease...it's not just for cows, or the mad!

stromboli

The holy bible is not evidence. It is a work of fiction.

StupidWiz

So glad the Christian Troll is banned already. :D
... To teach superstitions as truths is the most terrible thing. The child mind accepts and believes them, and only through great pain and perhaps tragedy can they be in after years relieved of them. - Hypatia

Mister Agenda

Quote from: robert04330 on July 04, 2014, 02:51:34 PM
muhammad was a pedophile?

I keep hearing this from people.

I don't believe in muhammad or anyone else but i want to know why i keep hearing this.

Sunni doctrine is that Aisha was nine or ten when Mohammed consummated his marriage with her. Since a pedophile is defined as someone with a compulsion to have sex with children, and none of his other wives were so young, and his senior wife was older than him, and such marriages were within cultural norms back then, even in Christian Europe, a formal diagnosis if pedophilia seems untenable.

As to whether the story is true or not, there's no particular reason to believe Sunni doctrine over Shia. The Shiites put her at maybe eight to ten years older, maybe over 20. The reasons for the different estimates are political: The Sunni want to make Aisha seems astonishingly pure, and they do that by making her younger, therefore it is more miraculous that Mohammed's teachings were spread through her. Shia want to discredit her and support Mohammed's teachings through someone else, so their interest is in making her seem 'less pure' by making her older and her deeds therefore more ordinary.

There's no good reason to think anyone really knows the exact of age of Moahmmed's youngest wife when their marriage was consummated. Deciding to believe he was a pedophile seems mostly for the sake of having a club to bash Muslims with. It would be much more constructive to argue that Aisha was older if your goal is to persuade Muslims in certain countries where it's legal to give up child marriage.
Atheists are not anti-Christian. They are anti-stupid.--WitchSabrina

Mister Agenda

Quote from: robert04330 on July 04, 2014, 04:37:04 PM
wow.. can anyone on this forum ancer a fucking question?

or is this just a meme forum?

Congratulations on getting one reply and judging the whole forum based on it. Classy.

Mister Agenda

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on July 04, 2014, 05:21:13 PM
Because they are STILL DOING IT TODAY based on bullshit from the 8th century or so.

And it would be much easier to convince them the hadith about Aisha being nine is unreliable than to convince them that Mohammed was in the wrong.

St Giordano Bruno

I should think any hard evidence for "Muhammad being a paedophile" one way of the other has long rotted away, like Jesus being a love child of Roman soldiers.   
Voltaire - "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities"

Cocoa Beware

Imo, I dont think the problem has to do so much with how acceptable such a thing was at the time (although I reckon it was probably frowned upon, since having sex with a 9 year old girl would more likely inhibit her ability to have children if anything)

I always figured that the problem was that since Mohammed was appointed "perfect human being and role model" that those of a Muslim faith could never at any point of time then or today claim that what he did was wrong.

muharram

you know,even in Indonesia a sheikh who married 12 years old girl was became a nationwide news because its unethical and break the law. what i don't understand is why Muhammad can married a 9 years old child but his follower cant ? is Muhammad is above the gods law ? i'm surrounded by moslem in my real life but nobody give a damn about Muhammad and his 13 wives.