News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Ask a Catholic

Started by CatholicCrusader, July 19, 2014, 08:37:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solitary

Quote from: CatholicCrusader on July 19, 2014, 10:00:17 PM
I see nothing immoral, sinful, or dangerous about allowing a civil contract  between a gay couple.  But I personally do not believe that it is a marriage.
Changing the normal definition of marriage to satisfy your agenda? So only a marriage can be performed in a church, Church, or between a man and woman to be a marriage? Are you that indoctrinated by Catholic dogma to believe that?
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Munch

Marriage was not invented by the church, christianity just took it and made it theirs.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Solitary

I got married to a 8 year old girl when I was the same age---I gave her a ring made from razor grass.  :lol: Solitary

Munch

Quote from: Solitary on August 02, 2014, 04:09:28 PM
I got married to a 8 year old girl when I was the same age---I gave her a ring made from razor grass.  :lol: Solitary

In Islam, thats considered legal.

Nam

Quote from: Munch on August 02, 2014, 04:04:43 PM
Marriage was not invented by the church, christianity just took it and made it theirs.

As they do with everything.

-Nam
Mad cow disease...it's not just for cows, or the mad!

CatholicCrusader

beings that I know how religious orders work, each of them has a charism that they are faithful to. Dominicans teach, Benedictines are more into liturgical prayer but also teachers and woodworkers and sometimes hospital staff, Franciscans often work in hospitals, or soup kitchens, or hospices, and sometimes leper colonies.

A good portion of the nuns in this country are working in hospitals and teaching positions or as social workers. contemplatives like the Carmelites typically live In cloisters and pray incessantly. mother Teresa said that her orders work is contemplatives in action. The charism never was one of providing medical care to people are nursing them back to health.

If people were wanting to donate to such an order they should first know what the orders charism is.if you want to donate your money to an order that educates the poor and provide them medical care and social services, do not donate money to the Carmelites. their charism has nothing to do with that. if you donate to the Missionaries of Charity, what's likely your money is going to be going towards is providing people with food and a bed, and a roof, not medical care. 

CatholicCrusader

Quote from: Solitary on August 02, 2014, 04:01:09 PM
Changing the normal definition of marriage to satisfy your agenda? So only a marriage can be performed in a church, Church, or between a man and woman to be a marriage? Are you that indoctrinated by Catholic dogma to believe that?
no I just believe that true marriage is between a man and a woman.  but I have nothing against gay couples receiving the full  benefits from the government.

CatholicCrusader

Quote from: Poison Tree on August 02, 2014, 03:21:35 PM
You said:If this isn't an admission that you are suppressing your own morals what is it?
ThenSure reads like you are throwing away your ability to judge morality.
And when, in your view, the actions of god or the church go against this greatest commandment?
Good. But what is your explanation for why god's orders in the OT were so contrary to this greatest commandment? What do you have to say against the explanation provided by Catharism?
Oh, how silly of me; You'd just tell them that you have 2000 years of popes.
it isn't exactly a suppression of my own morals , I consider a lot of God's actions wrong,  but at the same time am open to the possibility that my judgments are not correct and there is a reason behind it that I don't understand it.

when the actions of the church go against the greatest commandment, I know it's because the church is made up of sinners, not because of what the Magisterium by the Catechism teach.

I have always wondered and still have not come to a conclusion as to why God behaves in a way that seems to be the violation of the most important commandment that he taught.

tell me specifically about what you want me to respond to about Catharism.

Munch

CC, you can't claim to be apart from a system of belief and yet still follow what it preaches. Thats like a muslim coming to the uk saying he'll respect the customs of the country, yet carries on subjugating women as slaves.

Solitary

CatholicCrusader

Insert Quote
Why do you believe? Can't you think for yourself? Solitary

Poison Tree

Quote from: CatholicCrusader on August 09, 2014, 03:57:40 PM
tell me specifically about what you want me to respond to about Catharism.
Specifically what I asked, What do you have to say against the explanation provided by Catharism for why god's orders in the OT were so contrary to this greatest commandment?
"Observe that noses were made to wear spectacles; and so we have spectacles. Legs were visibly instituted to be breeched, and we have breeches" Voltaire�s Candide

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: CatholicCrusader on August 09, 2014, 03:50:10 PM
beings that I know how religious orders work
What, and you think we don't? You seem to be mistaking lack of agreement for lack of knowledge.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Munch

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on August 09, 2014, 07:08:26 PM
What, and you think we don't? You seem to be mistaking lack of agreement for lack of knowledge.

yeah, I'm finding it funny that someone who calls himself a catholic comes onto an athiest forum believing he can teach people about Catholicism, when there are many people who were more then likely were Catholics and left it. So they already know what its all about, and nobody else gives a shit about Catholicism.

Poison Tree

Quote from: Munch on August 09, 2014, 07:34:43 PM
yeah, I'm finding it funny that someone who calls himself a catholic comes onto an athiest forum believing he can teach people about Catholicism, when there are many people who were more then likely were Catholics and left it. So they already know what its all about, and nobody else gives a shit about Catholicism.
I find it funnier that he evidently came here thinking he'd teach the vast number of protestants he expected to find here about Catholicism.
"Observe that noses were made to wear spectacles; and so we have spectacles. Legs were visibly instituted to be breeched, and we have breeches" Voltaire�s Candide

EntirelyOfThisWorld

I was catholic by virtue of the water sprinkle ritual performed on me as a non-consenting infant in 1955.  As I became self aware, I started having doubts.  By the time I was 17, I was sure it was BS.

Go ahead. . . ask THIS catholic.
Freedom is Free.  It\'s included in Democracy.  Democracy is Hard.  It involves coexisting with people who think that sayings like "Freedom is not Free" actually makes some kind of sense.