News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Ask a Catholic

Started by CatholicCrusader, July 19, 2014, 08:37:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

Quote from: CatholicCrusader on August 09, 2014, 03:50:10 PMIf people were wanting to donate to such an order they should first know what the orders charism is.if you want to donate your money to an order that educates the poor and provide them medical care and social services, do not donate money to the Carmelites. their charism has nothing to do with that. if you donate to the Missionaries of Charity, what's likely your money is going to be going towards is providing people with food and a bed, and a roof, not medical care.
Or better yet, donate to a charity explicitly founded to tackle some specific problem.  Your money will more likely be used to actually help people and less likely to used on non-charity church expenses.  *coughs*

Quote from: CatholicCrusader on August 09, 2014, 03:57:40 PMI have always wondered and still have not come to a conclusion as to why God behaves in a way that seems to be the violation of the most important commandment that he taught.
Yeah, that's a toughie.  Tell ya what, I'll give you three guesses and let you know if you're hot or cold.

leo

Quote from: EntirelyOfThisWorld on August 10, 2014, 12:36:04 AM
I was catholic by virtue of the water sprinkle ritual performed on me as a non-consenting infant in 1955.  As I became self aware, I started having doubts.  By the time I was 17, I was sure it was BS.

Go ahead. . . ask THIS catholic.
Cool story bro. My case is exactly like yours with the difference that I was born in 1979. I woke up from this bullshit at age 16. I will never forget this.
Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .

Brian37

My question is? Knowing the age of our species, and knowing that Catholics were not the first religion on the face of the planet, and knowing that polytheism existed long before even the Hebrews, why do you think you got the right book and the right church?

You do understand that all religious people worldwide think they got it right too.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

Mr.Obvious

I think he already answered that one. I believe it comes down to 'popes'. But why that proves anything outside of circular reasoning, I don't know.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

CatholicCrusader

Quote from: Munch on August 09, 2014, 04:16:53 PM
CC, you can't claim to be apart from a system of belief and yet still follow what it preaches. Thats like a muslim coming to the uk saying he'll respect the customs of the country, yet carries on subjugating women as slaves.
that depends. you know I could be wrong about those these things and the church could be right.  I could disagree with my mother or my father, but that doesn't mean I have to run away from them.

CatholicCrusader

Quote from: Solitary on August 09, 2014, 04:24:29 PM
CatholicCrusader

Insert Quote
Why do you believe? Can't you think for yourself? Solitary
I'm not all knowing. 

CatholicCrusader

Quote from: Poison Tree on August 09, 2014, 05:16:36 PM
Specifically what I asked, What do you have to say against the explanation provided by Catharism for why god's orders in the OT were so contrary to this greatest commandment?
that is one of my biggest questions for any theologian our apologist.  I simply do not understand it nor do I have the answer for you right now but I may get back to you on it.

DunkleSeele

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: CatholicCrusader on August 11, 2014, 04:55:29 PM
that is one of my biggest questions for any theologian our apologist.  I simply do not understand it nor do I have the answer for you right now but I may get back to you on it.
Make sure the answers you consider include, "Because it's made up." Not considering that answer is the main reason we don't take apologetics seriously.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

stromboli

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on August 11, 2014, 05:11:47 PM
Make sure the answers you consider include, "Because it's made up." Not considering that answer is the main reason we don't take apologetics seriously.

I classify this whole thing as argumentum ad wtf?

Green Bottle

Hey CC, still wasting ur time trying to convert us .

God doesnt exist, but if he did id tell him to ''Fuck Off''

CatholicCrusader

DunkleSeele

CatholicCrusader

Quote from: DunkleSeele on August 13, 2014, 05:31:07 PM
You shouldn't be.
you should be a forensic pathologist.  or at least an investigator.  you're good at your job.  you would make a good Pope as well!

Check ouch my spider

CatholicCrusader

you are my favorite moderator Uncle Dunkle!

I'll be a good boy now. I promise!  :)

Truce?