Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Ask a Catholic

Started by CatholicCrusader, July 19, 2014, 08:37:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGOS

Quote from: doorknob on July 23, 2014, 09:54:40 PM
I've got a question!

How do catholics decide what is divinely inspired and what is not? why have no new "scrolls" that have been discovered added to the bible? Who decided they weren't inspired by the holy spirit?
Actually, the Vatican has a miracle squad assigned to track down reported miracles and investigate them for authenticity.  It's like sending out the Tea Party to find reasons that support not paying taxes.  They have an agenda.  They find what they want.  It's all part of the mystery, and helped along by the vagueness of supernatural accountability.

Munch

Quote from: aitm on July 23, 2014, 09:48:24 PM
Mother Teresa and Jesus, one completely made up the other completely fabricated.

http://whyevolutionistrue.wordpress.com/2013/03/05/a-new-expose-on-mother-teresa-shows-that-she-and-the-vatican-were-even-worse-than-we-thought/

“There is something beautiful in seeing the poor accept their lot, to suffer it like Christ’s Passion. The world gains much from their suffering,”
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Nam

Mad cow disease...it's not just for cows, or the mad!

CatholicCrusader

yes I have done volunteer work in the ghetto of Buffalo New York St Luke's mission of mercy.  I'll answer everyone else's questions when I have time I have to go run some errands.

CatholicCrusader

Quote from: SGOS on July 24, 2014, 07:18:12 AM
Actually, the Vatican has a miracle squad assigned to track down reported miracles and investigate them for authenticity.  It's like sending out the Tea Party to find reasons that support not paying taxes.  They have an agenda.  They find what they want.  It's all part of the mystery, and helped along by the vagueness of supernatural accountability.
thank you for answering for me that saves me some time.

Nam

Quote from: CatholicCrusader on July 24, 2014, 03:14:46 PM
yes I have done volunteer work in the ghetto of Buffalo New York St Luke's mission of mercy.  I'll answer everyone else's questions when I have time I have to go run some errands.

How many people did you pick up off the ground and carry to a hospital?

-Nam

CatholicCrusader

Quote from: Hakurei Reimu on July 23, 2014, 10:15:06 PM
I find it funny that this thread's topic is "Ask a Catholic," yet we're the ones who seem to be schooling CC.
glad you all are having a super time.  please go register for a Catholic forum and try to hold down a debate when you're outnumbered 100  to 1.  I'm just a human being who is not all knowing and don't have any superpowers..

Nam

Quote from: CatholicCrusader on July 24, 2014, 03:18:49 PM
glad you all are having a super time.  please go register for a Catholic forum and try to hold down a debate when you're outnumbered 20 or more 1.  I'm just a human being who is not all knowing and don't have any superpowers..

Atheists are usually banned from Christian websites (or so restricted it's like they're banned) within the first hour (or less) of being there.

Also, if it's a dominated sect that is at the website (or owns it) even certain Christians are restricted to their areas (their sect), or also banned within an hour of joining.

I've been banned, in such cases, from many Christian websites for just being an atheist, or been so restricted that it didn't matter if I went there.

At least websites like this only restrict trolls.

-Nam

leo

Quote from: CatholicCrusader on July 24, 2014, 03:18:49 PM
glad you all are having a super time.  please go register for a Catholic forum and try to hold down a debate when you're outnumbered 100  to 1.  I'm just a human being who is not all knowing and don't have any superpowers..
Of course. You are very ignorant of your catholic religion. The "teacher " got schooled. Very funny.
Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .

The Skeletal Atheist

How old do I have to be to not get molested?
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

Munch

Look CC, if you are a man or woman who goes about doing good things for people, shows respect to others, and in general leaves others to there own beliefs, then I have nothing at all against you and what you do. I hold respect for people who would give up their time to help in charity or help in shelters or just doing good for his fellow man, and if that is done by belief in God then I have no issue with that.

It's just when a religious guy comes about preaching his faith in places where he should keep it to himself it creates a problem. I would not walk into a church and yell out 'gods not real, the Vatican takes all your money for themselves' because I'd consider that rude even as an atheist.

Minimalist

The Christian church, in its attitude toward science, shows the mind of a more or less enlightened man of the Thirteenth Century. It no longer believes that the earth is flat, but it is still convinced that prayer can cure after medicine fails.

-- H. L. Mencken

stromboli

Boy, I love this shit. some theist comes on our forum to espouse his/her bullshit, then gets all butthurt because we are rude, runs out several pages of weak defense of their bullshit religion, then whines about being outnumbered, boo hoo, rude people, boo hoo.

You came here on your own volition. You can leave any time you want. If you choose to stay, stfu and stop the whine sessions.

Irl you would have been tossed out the door long ago. What crap.

Munch

Quote from: Minimalist on July 24, 2014, 04:17:26 PM
Rude....but true.

I know, but my take is a person is entitled to believe whatever they want in their own home, and for a religious person that counts in churches too. outside of their homes and churches its a different story.

Munch

Quote from: stromboli on July 24, 2014, 05:02:11 PM
Boy, I love this shit. some theist comes on our forum to espouse his/her bullshit, then gets all butthurt because we are rude, runs out several pages of weak defense of their bullshit religion, then whines about being outnumbered, boo hoo, rude people, boo hoo.

You came here on your own volition. You can leave any time you want. If you choose to stay, stfu and stop the whine sessions.

Irl you would have been tossed out the door long ago. What crap.

I don't think he's been overly aggressive with what he preaches, its more just out of place given the sites community and where they stand on what he believes.

As i say, if I went on a catholic blog and started saying theres no such thing as god and its all fairy tales, I'd be considered a troll and kicked off the site or at least cornered on it with people asking me to believe, and I'd expect such a thing because it is there site for their community. It be like a homophobic straight guy coming on a gay site to slam his anti gay views, its just not compatible.

I think though sometimes having theists and atheists sitting down and figuring each other out isn't a bad thing, not because it should impart stuff onto one another, but just to kind of get a perspective on why each other believes what they believe. Everyone is flawed in some way or another, and it all comes down to the person more then what they believe.

It makes for interesting conversions sometimes too.

Edit: And sorry for the double post.