News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Ask a Catholic

Started by CatholicCrusader, July 19, 2014, 08:37:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Contemporary Protestant

Im sorry but 66% is terrible, if a charity only helps 2/3 of the people in their care then theyre not worth supporting especially in this case

leo

Quote from: Nam on July 23, 2014, 06:53:24 PM
How did she "do her best"?

-Nam
She was the best farting. She was the queen of farting.
Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .

CatholicCrusader

Well a woman of about four foot something and 38 years old went into one of the worst Ghettos in  the world completely broke and without shelter and gave up her comfort and all possessions which is quite courageous and selfsacrificing.

...by herself and she picked up a dying man and brought him to the hospital and they knew he was just going die so they didn't give him a bed.   so he died in Mother Teresa's arms.  At least he died in the arms of another human being who was comforting him and being treated with dignity.

I don't know about all those accusations about whether or not she was not doing her best with the money she had to relieve peoples suffering or withholding proper medical care but im open to the possibility that the accusations are true , and if that is so, than I disagree with her decision, but either way they would have been suffering a lot more had she and her missionaries and the houses the she founded not been there.

Keep in mind that some of these people they were caring for people that would have been rejected from hospitals because they were hopeless cases. Many of them  had contagious leprosy, HIV, and other highly contagious diseases that people did not want to go near.

Mothers houses of the dying were not hospitals and did not have all of the resources that hospitals have and the missionaries traveled so often that they couldn't just have a hospital because that would require them to be committed to one place and they traveled too much to be committed to just one facility.

I would like to see how much the people that criticize her are doing it to relieve suffering in the World.

SGOS

Quote from: CatholicCrusader on July 23, 2014, 09:29:46 PM

...by herself and she picked up a dying man and brought him to the hospital and they knew he was just going to die so they didn't have anything they can do for him so they rejected him, and so he died Mother Teresa's arms.  At least he died in the arms of another human being who was comforting I am in treating him with dignity.
An inspiring story, but you will pardon my skepticism after watching the Church lie for so many years.  It sounds like something made up or embellished by the church.  On the other hand, most people would help a dying man to the hospital, so her action was not as glorious as one would expect from a saint.  I suspect the story will endure, however.  And that's really all that the church wants.

CatholicCrusader

Actually on the streets of Calcutta there are starving and dying people laying on sidewalks and in alleways, that nobody stops to help except for Catholic missionaries and volunteers at the houses for the dying..  Here in America you don't see that but it is out there.  You also dont see lepers here.  There's a whole different world out there, especially in places like India where there's a caste system

Nam

Quote from: CatholicCrusader on July 23, 2014, 09:29:46 PM
Well a woman of about four foot something and 38 years old went into one of the worst Ghettos in  the world completely broke and without shelter and gave up her comfort and all possessions which is quite courageous and selfsacrificing.

If she was completely broke and didn't already have a place to live, how was that sacrificing? And, have you ever been to a ghetto?

Quote...by herself and she picked up a dying man

Did he weigh 20 pounds?

Quote...and brought him to the hospital and they knew he was just going to die so they didn't have anything they can do for him so they rejected him, and so he died Mother Teresa's arms.

Let's say she did that: does that excuse all the suffering she caused during and after her life by not actually providing much of any care to the sick and poor?

QuoteAt least he died in the arms of another human being who was comforting I am in treating him with dignity.

What about all the others in the ghetto, why just the one man?

QuoteI don't know about all those accusations about whether or not she was not doing her best with the money she had to relieve eoples suffering or withholding proper medical csre but im open to the possibility that the accusations are true and if that is so than I disagree with her decision, but either way they would have been suffering a lot more had she and her missionaries and the house the she founded not been there.

Doubtful since you preface it with that loving story beforehand.

QuoteKeep in mind that some of these people they were caring for people that would have been rejected from hospitals because they were hopeless cases.

Or they just didn't have the proper insurance. [/sarcasm]

Quotemothers houses of the dying were not hospitals and did not have all of the resources that hospitals have and the missionaries traveled so often that they couldn't just have a hospital because that would require them to be committed to one place and did they travel too much to be committed to just one facility.

I know, man. It's so difficult to store painkillers in such places, or anything really. Got to fit as many sick people as you can so the world can see you care.

QuoteI would like to see how much the people that criticize her are doing it to relieve suffering in the World.

What suffering did she relieve? Not too much, I think:

"I think it is very beautiful for the poor to accept their lot, to share it with the passion of Christ. I think the world is being much helped by the suffering of the poor people."

-- Mother Teresa

-Nam
Mad cow disease...it's not just for cows, or the mad!

aitm

Mother Teresa and Jesus, one completely made up the other completely fabricated.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Minimalist

How can anyone remain a member of an organization of child-molesting perverts?

The Christian church, in its attitude toward science, shows the mind of a more or less enlightened man of the Thirteenth Century. It no longer believes that the earth is flat, but it is still convinced that prayer can cure after medicine fails.

-- H. L. Mencken

Hakurei Reimu

Sorry, dude, we can't get over the fact that 2/3 of the money coming to her was not used for the purpose for which it was donated. We can't get over the fact that those dying on the streets were taken to instead die in MT's hospices while being told that their suffering would bring them closer to Jesus. I don't care if it's India, you just don't do that to people if you have a merciful bone in your body.

I say this again because it needs to be said: religion is an affront to human life and dignity.
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

Nam

Quote from: CatholicCrusader on July 23, 2014, 09:45:12 PM
Actually on the streets of Calcutta there are starving and dying people laying on sidewalks and in alleways, that nobody stops to help except for Catholic missionaries and volunteers at the houses for the dying..  Here in America you don't see that but it is out there.  You also dont see lepers here.  There's a whole different world out there, especially in places like India where there's a caste system

Evidence or you're making it up.

Have you been homeless in the US? I have. Twice. Trust me, you have people with jobs homeless. You have children homeless. Women, men, homeless and most people here, (that would be Christians like you) either give terms to your willingness to help them or you just ignore them, enact laws against them because they should be homeless somewhere else.

-Nam

doorknob

I've got a question!

How do catholics decide what is divinely inspired and what is not? why have no new "scrolls" that have been discovered added to the bible? Who decided they weren't inspired by the holy spirit?

Hakurei Reimu

I find it funny that this thread's topic is "Ask a Catholic," yet we're the ones who seem to be schooling CC.
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

Solitary

Isn't that always the case?  :biggrin2: Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

JohnD

I have an important question which has been playing on my mind for some time.

As you know, with the recent financial crisis affecting us all, barring the church of course, people are looking for ways to save money with regards to their house hold bills.

My question to you is, how many pages has the average bible, and is the paper it's printed on absorbent? The reason i ask is that the  toilet paper i buy at my local store has 100 sheets of substandard ass wiping material and costs almost 2 Euros!! Can you Frick'n believe it, 2 Euros for bog paper that has very little absorbancy :(
Now i've worked out that if there was on average 1000 pages in the bible and i could get it for less than 20 Euros, then i'm onto a winner. I would also have to take into consideration the quality of the print, none of that cheap ink they use in those tacky tabloid newspapers in the UK where the print comes off in your hand. The last thing i want is bible verses printed all over my butt! Might give the local catholic priest a raging erection down at the council swimming pool! Everyone could be a winner in this situation. The religious nut jobs get to sell more bibles and my butt stays fresh like a meadow breeze. I would of course consider your recommendation as to whether i should use the old testament or new testament bible!

If this idea takes off, i would look into buying much larger size bibles, have you seen the prices of cat litter paper??
He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!

Nam