News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Ask a Catholic

Started by CatholicCrusader, July 19, 2014, 08:37:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bibliofagus

Yeah. Because comforting beats healing right?

Quote from: \"the_antithesis\"Faith says, "I believe this and I don\'t care what you say, I cannot possibly be wrong." Faith is an act of pride.

Quote from: \"AllPurposeAtheist\"The moral high ground was dug up and made into a walmart apparently today.

Tornadoes caused: 2, maybe 3.

SGOS

CC, Mother Teresa reminds me of General Armstrong Custer.  Hyped by the media and the government as a great and brave Indian fighter until years after his death, whereupon the truth came out, and people realized he was a sadistic egomaniac.  You might want to read up on Mother Teresa, something other than the Catholic literature.  You do realize of course that the Catholic church has a long history of hiding the truth and outright lying.

CatholicCrusader

Quote from: stromboli on July 22, 2014, 10:32:39 PM
Wow, what a load of horse manure. You are continually quoting from the bible which is demonstrably a work of fiction. Who cares that you "are required to carry the cross?" This is an atheist forum. What you are doing on here amounts to farting in a windstorm. You really, seriously need to get a life. What an exercise in pointlessness.
I would say that, condoms & contraceptives are far more the lesser evil than unprotected sex or abortion, but the more pleasing conduct in the eyes of the church is  to have control of one's unruly passions for pleasure , which is the force behind any addiction.

If sexual intercourse were always between a man and his wife, we would almost never hear of a life threatening sexually transmitted disease.  Thanks to the sexual revolution, it has become an epidemic, and the use of condoms necessary.

Obviously wearing a condom is better than unprotected sex....  but that doesn't mean it is okay to have a sexual addiction or fornicate because now you have a method that can allow you to get away with it.

The  Pope  is morally obligated to  refuse promotion of the use of condoms , because by doing so he would also be scdvocating that it is ok too use sex for no other purpose than carnal pleasure as long as you have no risk of getting an STD.  This  would contradict the teachings of the New Testament , all the church fathers , the saints, the Docors of hthe Church, and 2000 years of Church teaching on faith and morals.

leo

Obvious troll, obvious troll.
Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .

Hakurei Reimu

Quote from: CatholicCrusader on July 23, 2014, 12:43:47 PM
I would say that, condoms & contraceptives are far more the lesser evil than unprotected sex or abortion, but the more pleasing conduct in the eyes of the church is  to have control of one's unruly passions for pleasure , which is the force behind any addiction.
You have a funny definition of "addiction." Having a libido is not an addiction, no matter how your church spins it.

If sexual intercourse were always between a man and his wife, we would almost never hear of a life threatening sexually transmitted disease.  Thanks to the sexual revolution, it has become an epidemic, and the use of condoms necessary.
Sexually transmitted diseases were around long before the sexual revolution, even reaching epidemic proportions. q.v. gonorrhea, aka the clap, and syphilis. Both have been known since antiquity.

Obviously wearing a condom is better than unprotected sex....  but that doesn't mean it is okay to have a sexual addiction or fornicate because now you have a method that can allow you to get away with it.
Dude, you say this as if the condom somehow promotes promiscuity. This is wrong. Humans are promiscuous, period. They're more often than not going to have many partners, condoms or not. Monogomy doesn't come natural to our species. Just look at our closest relatives: promiscuous as fuck in the case of the bonobo.

If anything, condoms discourage promiscuity, because you can't just jump in and do it.

The  Pope  is morally obligated to  refuse promotion of the use of condoms , because by doing so he would also be scdvocating that it is ok too use sex for no other purpose than carnal pleasure as long as you have no risk of getting an STD.  This  would contradict the teachings of the New Testament , all the church fathers , the saints, the Docors of hthe Church, and 2000 years of Church teaching on faith and morals.
And that worked out sooo well in the case of Africa, right? Killed that promiscuity right there and clamped down on that AIDS epidemic, right?

Oh, wait, it didn't.

Your approach doesn't work, and your church is reality challenged. Or rather, the real reason you want there to be no condoms is so that girls will get pregnant and create nice little catholic babies for you, the fact that you are promoting a STD with your injunction on condoms be damned.
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

CatholicCrusader

How did the Pope prevent Africans from receiving condoms? Obviously if they were fornicating to begin with , they either weren't listening to the pope, Or they heard from the pope somehow , but really didn't care what he had to say

stromboli

Quote from: CatholicCrusader on July 23, 2014, 12:14:05 PM
Who here put more effort into easing world's suffering and loving the poorest of the poor and unwanted or put forth time and effort ito their consolation than Mother Teresa , that wartants you to be so hypercritical?  She was a sinner like us all, so Im  not saying but she wasn't on multiple occasions failing to be faithful to her duties, or that she was something more than a human being.

Had It not been for her , those lepers of society would have just died in a dumpster or on the streets.  at least they got to die with dignity, comforted by another human being with  love and compassion.

Mother Teresa had literally millions of dollars to fix the problems of those women and did not do so. What she did was base cruelty. She offered care and help to thousands and then withheld treatment that would have eased their suffering. This is the kind of blithering idiocy we are talking about. Forcing your will on others by way of suffering for the lord is exactly why religion is so basely evil. there is no love or compassion  when you have the means to offer ease from suffering and withhold it. Not to mention getting money from some very questionable sources, money that never found its way to help the poor. Further proof that you are a blithering idiot wearing blinders that cannot see the obvious.

Nam

Why did you skip my comment? I provided a link from catholic.com, on homosexuality, specifically stating homosexuality is a sin:

QuoteEvery human being is called to receive a gift of divine sonship, to become a child of God by grace. However, to receive this gift, we must reject sin, including homosexual behaviorâ€"that is, acts intended to arouse or stimulate a sexual response regarding a person of the same sex. The Catholic Church teaches that such acts are always violations of divine and natural law.

Homosexuality is a sin. That's what I read. I mean, apparently to one or more members: I can't read properly, so if that's the case then you can you point out what it actually says?

Now, if you mention the next part:

QuoteHomosexual desires, however, are not in themselves sinful. People are subject to a wide variety of sinful desires over which they have little direct control, but these do not become sinful until a person acts upon them, either by acting out the desire or by encouraging the desire and deliberately engaging in fantasies about acting it out. People tempted by homosexual desires, like people tempted by improper heterosexual desires, are not sinning until they act upon those desires in some manner.

That tells me desiring one of the same sex isn't a sin because one does not have control over what one desires, even for heterosexuals. So, that's talking about sexual desire rather than the act itself--the act itself is the sin. Two guys acting on their desires to be with one another is the sin because for it to be a sin, homosexuality itself must be a sin as it relays in the first part, no?

They go further: it's unnatural:

QuoteThe same reasoning applies to the case of homosexual behavior. The natural sex partner for a man is a woman, and the natural sex partner for a woman is a man. Thus, people have the corresponding intuition concerning homosexuality that they do about bestialityâ€"that it is wrong because it is unnatural.

If it is shown (which it has been, many times) that homosexuality occurs in other animals--does that not make it natural or are those animals sinning because homosexuality is a sin; they're giving into their desires?

Do animals have desires?

QuoteMany homosexuals argue that they have not chosen their condition, but that they were born that way, making homosexual behavior natural for them.

All homosexuals choose to be homosexuals, it's not genetics, it's conditioning, brainwashing, abuse, indoctrination etc.,

All these things on CATHOLIC.COM tells me, a high school dropout, that homosexuality is a sin, and that's what is taught by at least these Catholics.

Maybe I read it wrong, being uneducated, and all.

-Nam
Mad cow disease...it's not just for cows, or the mad!

stromboli

Quote from: CatholicCrusader on July 23, 2014, 01:33:54 PM
How did the Pope prevent Africans from receiving condoms? Obviously if they were fornicating to begin with , they either weren't listening to the pope, Or they heard from the pope somehow , but really didn't care what he had to say

He could have stood up and told his people that condoms were a better choice than unprotected sex. You can't stifle human libido with religious proclamations. Ask every little victim of pederasty by your priests if their libido was stopped by taking vows of chastity. Your version of birth control doesn't work and never has. By offering alternatives that promote safer sex, many lives could have been saved.

The use of condoms, as advocated by authorities in many countrties, was the primary weapon that helped to slow the rate of spread. Your pope did nothing positive that stemmed the flow, hence the epidemic in Catholic Africa. You seriously have your head stuck so far up your Catholic ass you can't see daylight, I swear.

CatholicCrusader

Quote from: stromboli on July 23, 2014, 01:36:36 PM
Mother Teresa had literally millions of dollars to fix the problems of those women and did not do so. What she did was base cruelty. She offered care and help to thousands and then withheld treatment that would have eased their suffering. This is the kind of blithering idiocy we are talking about. Forcing your will on others by way of suffering for the lord is exactly why religion is so basely evil. there is no love or compassion  when you have the means to offer ease from suffering and withhold it. Not to mention getting money from some very questionable sources, money that never found its way to help the poor. Further proof that you are a blithering idiot wearing blinders that cannot see the obvious.u
I do not know the whole story nor do I know exactly what that money was to be use for.  It may be that she knew that there was no way she could revive these people back to health and the money that it would have cost for all those painkillers to make them die comfortably, could have been used to open missionaries elsewhere in the world where there  was need.

Either way, because of Mother Teresa, millions of people were spared from  having to die all alone without love , on the streets, in the gutters, and in dumpsters and landfills.

Nam

Quote from: CatholicCrusader on July 23, 2014, 01:47:39 PM
I do not know the whole story nor do I know exactly what that money was to be use for.  It may be that she knew that there was no way she could revive these people back to health and the money that it would have cost for all those painkillers to make them die comfortably, could have been used to open missionaries elsewhere in the world where there  was need.

Either way, because of Mother Teresa, millions of people were spared from  having to die all alone without love , on the streets, in the gutters, and in dumpsters and landfills.

Do some reading about the person you're defending:

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/fighting_words/2003/10/mommie_dearest.html

-Nam

Bibliofagus

Quote from: \"the_antithesis\"Faith says, "I believe this and I don\'t care what you say, I cannot possibly be wrong." Faith is an act of pride.

Quote from: \"AllPurposeAtheist\"The moral high ground was dug up and made into a walmart apparently today.

Tornadoes caused: 2, maybe 3.

leo

Purgatory , purgatory , purgatory.
Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .

Nam

Quote from: Bibliofagus on July 23, 2014, 02:09:14 PM
Azzi?
That you?

I looked this guy up; I found two "CatholicCrusader"'s out there. One is a diehard fundie Catholic, and the other just goes around quoting the Bible. Didn't find him at any other atheist websites, and not too many Christian ones either.

I wish he were the fundy one, he sounds fun.

-Nam

Hakurei Reimu

Quote from: CatholicCrusader on July 23, 2014, 01:33:54 PM
Stating that the use of condoms would make the AIDS epidemic worse. That's an active discouragement if I've ever heard one, and it's also demonstrably false, as whenever condoms have been promoted in other HIV affected communities, the problem was not worsened and actually got better.

Also, are you retreating from your position that the pope is a world leader of considerable influence? You can't have it both ways.
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu