News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Moon

Started by PickelledEggs, May 20, 2014, 01:47:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PickelledEggs

I got home just now and as I was dehydrating myself with a much needed glass of water, I heard an interesting conversation in the likes of the moon, eclipses, and pregnancy.

My next door neighbor was over to use our fax and she is "spiritual" like my mom is. They were talking about something having to do with working with science in conjunction with spiritual work/healing because it works better. (where I thought "no shit.. it's because science makes everything work better") but I learned a bit of a fun fact... or maybe I should say trivia...

Did you know that if you are pregnant during an eclipse, you aren't supposed to use scissors or open doors or anything like that because if you do, the power of the moon will cause a defect in your baby? It's true! It's been proven!!! :anal:

Obviously if any defect happens to your baby and you opened a door during an eclipse it has nothing to do with the eclipse, but after my neighbor started listing all these "examples" (and I use that word loosely) my mom was thinking it made total sense. She was really eating it up.... for instance my neighbor said that she cried a lot during pregnancy during an eclipse when she was pregnant with her youngest son, and she ties that to her son's autism...

Jason78

Quote from: PickelledEggs on May 20, 2014, 01:47:10 PM
My next door neighbor was over to use our fax

Do you live in the 1980's?
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

PickelledEggs

Hahaha no. They use it to fax orders to metal suppliers and other companies like that

Sent via your mom.

AllPurposeAtheist

QuoteDid you know that if you are pregnant during an eclipse, you aren't supposed to use scissors or open doors or anything like that because if you do, the power of the moon

...and the moon shall have dominion over scissors and doors*

*but only during pregnancy.

I hate to bring this up,  but WTF? :lol:
I suspect it's related to women eating apples and spreading sin. :eek:
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

DunkleSeele

PickelledEggs

I actually think it has to do with islam... My neighbors are muslim.
She was also telling my mom that she shouldn't eat fish in months that have an "r" in the name... Shellfish apparently is ok, but regular fish is not.

I have a feeling she's not going to buy fish in those months now too. She's relating my dads food poisoning from fish he got at a diner in April to the fact that April has an "r" in it....

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

GrinningYMIR

Jupiter moon wins
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: PickelledEggs on May 20, 2014, 01:47:10 PMfor instance my neighbor said that she cried a lot during pregnancy during an eclipse when she was pregnant with her youngest son, and she ties that to her son's autism...
Maybe we can use that to manufacture more people with Asperger's Syndrome. Then, we Aspies shall finally have the numbers we need to RULE ZHE VORLD! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on May 20, 2014, 07:13:42 PM
Maybe we can use that to manufacture more people with Asperger's Syndrome. Then, we Aspies shall finally have the numbers we need to RULE ZHE VORLD! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

aitm

Please inform both that I have a special lunar penis that enhances their life if it is suckled upon during said lunar events....or actually any event..
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

stromboli

Quote from: aitm on May 20, 2014, 08:18:08 PM
Please inform both that I have a special lunar penis that enhances their life if it is suckled upon during said lunar events....or actually any event..

And I always pictured you as a day person.

aitm

I am but when "special lunar" events happen I must make myself available to the everyday perso...er......female.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

The Skeletal Atheist

I had a new age neighbor tell me that I was spiritually connected to the full moon and that I needed to memorize all the full moons because that was when I was at my best...all I did to prompt that was say that the moon looked really pretty that night.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

stromboli

Quote from: aitm on May 20, 2014, 08:34:03 PM
I am but when "special lunar" events happen I must make myself available to the everyday perso...er......female.

Yeah, I know about them special lunars. I accidentally got mooned by a cheerleader once. Unfortunately, pursuing a relationship soon proved to be fruitless.