News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Moon

Started by PickelledEggs, May 20, 2014, 01:47:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

Quote from: PickelledEggs on May 20, 2014, 06:02:04 PMShe was also telling my mom that she shouldn't eat fish in months that have an "r" in the name...

AllPurposeAtheist

:butt:

Figured it was worth mentioning.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Solitary

:biggrin2: :lol: Oh go fuck yourself!  :shocked: Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Hydra009 on May 20, 2014, 11:06:03 PM

EXACTLY

update though:
I asked my mom to explain what "Light Touch Accupressure" is the other day and that's when she told me about "energy" and "meridians" bla bla bla... spiritual stuff. I told her how none of that makes sense to me. How the words "energy" and "meridians" have such an ambiguous meaning, that it can mean anything. Anyone can apply their own meaning to it and that's why I don't understand what she meant....

Long story short, she did a LOT of research and so far she found out that the terms "chi" and "meridians" were translated by a french bankteller, who according to my mom, didn't know much about the chinese language or chinese medicine.

She told me that he translated it wrong. Chi and meridians don't mean energy the way she thought and so many spiritualists thought. They were supposed to be about blood vessels and oxygen flow. (which to me, makes a metric shit ton more sense). She then asked me if it would be a good idea to put that article on her website (the one saying how the translation is wrong) so I told her to cross reference the article to make sure everything is 100% correct, so she doesn't look bad if someone calls her out.

I think I might have started some logical thinking in my mom! :biggrin:

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: Solitary on May 21, 2014, 12:17:32 AM
:biggrin2: :lol: Oh go fuck yourself!  :shocked: Solitary
Well that was uncalled for. You hurt my wittle feelings. :eek:

PickelledEggs

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on May 21, 2014, 06:59:05 PM
Well that was uncalled for. You hurt my wittle feelings. :eek:

You carve your feelings out of blocks of wood too?

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: PickelledEggs on May 21, 2014, 07:48:13 PM
You carve your feelings out of blocks of wood too?
Indeed I do. I sell them from a little booth at fairs and such.

pioteir

Quote from: PickelledEggs on May 20, 2014, 06:02:04 PM
She was also telling my mom that she shouldn't eat fish in months that have an "r" in the name... Shellfish apparently is ok, but regular fish is not.

Why not ban chicken or broccoli? And April has "A" in it, and... oh my jumpin fickin jesus! "P"!!!!!! Watch out for months with "P"!!!

One thing I know for sure is that I won't stand by the door crying with scissors under full moon! Then again guys can't get pregnant, but still just to be on the safe side...
Theology is unnecessary. - Stephen Hawking

PickelledEggs

Quote from: pioteir on June 02, 2014, 12:12:39 PM
Why not ban chicken or broccoli? And April has "A" in it, and... oh my jumpin fickin jesus! "P"!!!!!! Watch out for months with "P"!!!

One thing I know for sure is that I won't stand by the door crying with scissors under full moon! Then again guys can't get pregnant, but still just to be on the safe side...
Guys can't get pregnant? You have obviously never watched the Cosby Show

Sent via your mom.

pioteir

Nope. We were fresh out of communist block back in the early 90' so it wasn't airing in Poland and since then I just didn't get to watch it.
Theology is unnecessary. - Stephen Hawking