News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Present Evidence Here II

Started by Fidel_Castronaut, February 14, 2013, 05:43:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on December 19, 2016, 07:18:16 PM
You don't need Seri or Cortana to be smart.  You just need to use the brains you are born with.  Everything you need to know today, was already known by cave men.  Anything since the Stone Age is nice, but not necessary for survival, in many cases it ends survival (nuclear weapons).

Everything we need to know?  Like vaccines, internal surgery, antiseptics, agriculture, domestication of animals, organized differentiation of labor, standardized currency, writing, etc?
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on December 25, 2016, 11:46:12 PM
Everything we need to know?  Like vaccines, internal surgery, antiseptics, agriculture, domestication of animals, organized differentiation of labor, standardized currency, writing, etc?

Knowing is over-rated.  It would be better not to know that we are mortal.  It has been all down-hill since the last Ice Age.  Not even the San people know how to hunt now ... if we have to return to the Stone Age to regroup, we are toast.  We can still regroup at the Neolithic ... unless we become further disabled by our own machines and arrogance ... (see loss of numeracy since advent of electronic calculators).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on December 26, 2016, 07:24:07 AM
Knowing is over-rated.  It would be better not to know that we are mortal.  It has been all down-hill since the last Ice Age.  Not even the San people know how to hunt now ... if we have to return to the Stone Age to regroup, we are toast.  We can still regroup at the Neolithic ... unless we become further disabled by our own machines and arrogance ... (see loss of numeracy since advent of electronic calculators).

In what way is it better not to know that we are mortal?

In what way has it been downhill since the last Ice Age?

Why do you assume that humans could not adapt to Ice Age life (never mind that there would be vast areas not iced)?

Is there some reason you think that humans can't do basic math with calculators?  I do it all the time grocery-shopping.

Many humans routinely hunt.  Are you suggesting they would magically vanish?  I can hunt, butcher and preserve meat and I'm relatively unskilled at it.

Why do you assume that humans would revert to Neolithic tools? 

Why do you assume we need machines to survive? 

Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Very few of us can survive without civilization, or would want to.  This might not be a bad thing, if there is a ... crisis

Very few of us can raise animals and plants without the infrastructure of modern agriculture

Monsanto and it's death seeds would prevent the ability to grow crops for a new season (the seeds grown from their seeds are sterile).

Your hunting ability, when your gun runs out of bullets is minimal.  Study what San people could do.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: Baruch on January 01, 2017, 11:13:35 AM
Very few of us can survive without civilization, or would want to.  This might not be a bad thing, if there is a ... crisis

Very few of us can raise animals and plants without the infrastructure of modern agriculture

Monsanto and it's death seeds would prevent the ability to grow crops for a new season (the seeds grown from their seeds are sterile).

Your hunting ability, when your gun runs out of bullets is minimal.  Study what San people could do.

You really need to make an effort to curb your conspiracy theory bullshit, Baruch. Plants grown from the seeds Monsanto sells to farmers are not sterile. They produce seeds that grow just fine.

As far as hunting goes modern humans are at least as capable of hunting by primitive means as our stone age ancestors were. If not more so. The problem there isn't our abilities it's more people less game.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Baruch

http://www.globalresearch.ca/the-seeds-of-suicide-how-monsanto-destroys-farming/5329947

Monsanto has promised not to deploy this mutually assured destruction technology ... I saw on their web site that it is true.

And no, with bullets, and since most hunters aren't bow hunters, you will run out of ability to hunt quickly.  That and there are too many people and too little game ... but a few weeks of apocalypse should solve that little problem.

However ... is this (OP) proof of G-d?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

PopeyesPappy

Yes, Monsanto has developed seeds that produce plants that produce sterile seeds, but they don't sell those seeds to farmers. They might like to, but they don't. One of the reasons they don't is because farmers have told them they won't buy them. Monsanto isn't the only seed producer. Just the biggest, and they aren't all that much bigger than Dupont. Monsanto sales account for less than 25% of the global market, and they are smart enough to realize that if they try to sale a product their customers don't want their customers will go elsewhere.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Baruch

Let us hope it stays that way.  But with government intervention, and profit motive ... what is good for farmers doesn't matter much.  They are just stinking peasants.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

fencerider

so the topic is presenting evidence of god and here we are talking about Monsantos. hmmm so if you can make people dependant on you and you start manipulating them and telling them what to do, and controlling them, you can call yourself a god. I guess that means the earth is full of gods. mmm and the gvment acts like god. has uncle sam started callin himself god yet?
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Atheon

God exists. How could he not exist? Therefore god exists.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Baruch

Quote from: fencerider on January 07, 2017, 12:49:19 AM
so the topic is presenting evidence of god and here we are talking about Monsantos. hmmm so if you can make people dependant on you and you start manipulating them and telling them what to do, and controlling them, you can call yourself a god. I guess that means the earth is full of gods. mmm and the gvment acts like god. has uncle sam started callin himself god yet?

Many here, worship Holy Obama, and his second coming, Holy Hillary ;-)  Yes, in a non-theistic way, in a cultural/psychological way, we are very much polytheists.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

fencerider

atheon that is so bad it doesnt even qualify as faulty logic, but it has several possible follow-ups in a comedy routine
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Hydra009

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on January 01, 2017, 12:05:19 PMAs far as hunting goes modern humans are at least as capable of hunting by primitive means as our stone age ancestors were. If not more so. The problem there isn't our abilities it's more people less game.
Definitely.  Much better diet and shelter.  Instant access to relevant information and tips from experts from around the world.  And even when modern hunters go low tech, we're usually talking about the modern compact bows, winter jackets, boots, compass, etc.  Modern hunters have huge advantages over ancient hunters.

Baruch

How are you going to get to the hunting/fishing grounds, when your pickup is out of gas?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

MysterMenace

from the OP: "So here we are. If you claim to have evidence that supports your god(s), please post it here: "

Proof by Homophone:

1) I have a spiral notebook, each page in it is an ink-lined plane
  2) An inclined plane is a slope up
  3) A slow pup is a backward dog
  4) A backward dog is a god
  5) Therefore, if my (or any) spiral notebook exists, then so does god

QED
A preacher is a snake oil salesman hawking faith as a bottled elixir.
To paraphrase Dorothy Parker: \"I\'d rather have a frontal lobotomy than a bottle in front of me\".