Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Present Evidence Here II

Started by Fidel_Castronaut, February 14, 2013, 05:43:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: TheCloser on December 19, 2016, 04:25:31 PM
yuppers.

To your last line.  Ultimately, the universe made that salt packet.  That is an undeniable conclusion. 

well, unless we are light weights.

So Ouranos ... rather than Gaia.  Some ancient speculation (Shi'ur Qomah) ... said that the world was in fact a gigantic body, and we were fleas upon it.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

TheCloser

is a rose not a rose by any other name? 

as you correctly point out, we just need to be a little careful how we grasp such a notion; as beautiful as it.

I am in awe of how smart they were back then, given what they didn't know.

Baruch

Quote from: TheCloser on December 19, 2016, 06:50:34 PM
is a rose not a rose by any other name? 

as you correctly point out, we just need to be a little careful how we grasp such a notion; as beautiful as it.

I am in awe of how smart they were back then, given what they didn't know.

You don't need Seri or Cortana to be smart.  You just need to use the brains you are born with.  Everything you need to know today, was already known by cave men.  Anything since the Stone Age is nice, but not necessary for survival, in many cases it ends survival (nuclear weapons).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

TheCloser

Quote from: Baruch on December 19, 2016, 07:18:16 PM
You don't need Seri or Cortana to be smart.  You just need to use the brains you are born with.  Everything you need to know today, was already known by cave men.  Anything since the Stone Age is nice, but not necessary for survival, in many cases it ends survival (nuclear weapons).

maybe.

They looked around, used what they knew, and made predictions.  That's good science.  Many top level physicists believe the universe knows how it is running and we are just pieces for the universe to experience itself.   I don't go that far, they assume a close system, but I also understand what I do not know.

To many people think that what they know is all anybody needs to know.  I don't understand why they won't listen and try to piece it together.  Oh well.

I might not be back for some time baruch, these boiz are light weights, you hang in there. 
Give me a shout if you recognize my writing.

Blackleaf

Quote from: TheCloser on December 19, 2016, 04:26:31 PM
dude, your a light weight.
Be gone, like you promised.

Yeah, keep acting superior. We all know which of us has a leg to stand on. Hint: It's not the one who claims scientific evidence and then demands that his skeptics find the evidence.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Cavebear

Rocks don't have DNA.  That matters.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on December 20, 2016, 07:08:05 AM

They have mineral crystals ... a superior life form (in some Star Trek episodes) ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: TheCloser on December 19, 2016, 07:33:52 PM
maybe.

They looked around, used what they knew, and made predictions.  That's good science.  Many top level physicists believe the universe knows how it is running and we are just pieces for the universe to experience itself.   I don't go that far, they assume a close system, but I also understand what I do not know.

To many people think that what they know is all anybody needs to know.  I don't understand why they won't listen and try to piece it together.  Oh well.

I might not be back for some time baruch, these boiz are light weights, you hang in there. 
Give me a shout if you recognize my writing.
Hey, dude, don't hurry back.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Unbeliever

Quote from: TheCloser on December 16, 2016, 08:15:59 PM
we are alive in a system that is not alive?   hmmm, can't see that happening.
No one can even define what it means to be alive:

Life's Working Definition: Does It Work?

But, definitions aside for now, I consider the universe to be alive merely because it engendered life. The universe contains life, and seems to me therefore to be alive.

Quotewe have emotion that the system we are in can't have more of?   hmmmm, don't think so.

I don't understand what you're trying to say here, could you clarify it?

QuoteA dude did not die, rise up, and fly away, true enough, but there is something to believe in.  "nothing" just does not match observations. 
In modern physics, even "nothing" is still full of stuff, such as fields, but no one really knows what those "are" either.

I don't quite get why it is that "something" must be believed in. I get along just fine believing in nothing at all. Hence, my moniker.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Blackleaf

Quote from: Cavebear on December 20, 2016, 07:08:05 AM

Well, some single-celled organisms don't have DNA either. Many believe that RNA predated DNA.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Sorginak

Quote from: TheCloser on December 19, 2016, 07:33:52 PM
maybe.

They looked around, used what they knew, and made predictions.  That's good science.

Incorrect.

Good science uses hypothesis and then performs experiments. 

fencerider

some factions of spiritualism actually believe rocks are alive. Certain kinds of rocks have good spirits living in them that can benefit you, and others contain evil spirits that can negatively affect you if you keep them close to you too long.

When you talk about the biosphere being alive are you talking about an organism or a deist theory?

Here we are a bunch of believers in god argueing with non-believers in god about the existence of god. And the believers are argueing with each other about who has the correct concept of god. So if there are any real gods around, why aren't they showing up to straighten us out? I don't remember modesty being a characteristic of any god.
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Baruch

In folk belief, amethyst was regarded as effective in preventing drunkenness.  It is ironical that materialists don't believe in such obvious magic ;-)

99% when the talk of G-d, are using a straw man argument, both theists and non-theists.  They also play games over what evidence is admissible or not.  Randy likes to use human judicial procedure for example.  Magic and G-d are matters of perception, not about Independence Day (god is an alien).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Sorginak

Baruch

Quote from: Sorginak on December 22, 2016, 10:37:23 PM
Can you not properly spell "god"?

There is more than one way.  For example in Greek, Dios is one form of Zeus, reflecting the superior position of Zeus over the Olympian community.

I have used god, God and G-d.  The first is generic and not specifically monotheist.  The second is specifically monotheist, but not my own god.  G-d is how I spell my own god, who is a God.  Makes perfect sense, while avoiding confusion.  G-d is often used by Jews, though as a Jew, I am a freethinking heretic.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.