News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

I Believe God Exists

Started by Casparov, April 10, 2014, 01:55:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Casparov

Sooo....

I believe God exists. And I'm willing to debate with people who don't agree with me. And so here I am. Hi. :flowers:
“The Fanatical Atheists are like slaves who are still feeling the weight of their chains which they have thrown off after hard struggle. They are creatures whoâ€"in their grudge against traditional religion as the "opium of the masses"â€"cannot hear the music of other spheres.” - Albert Einstein

aileron

Hello.  When you prove God exists please PM me.  I don't always keep track of the theists that come here to minister to the damned, and I don't want to miss the proof when it finally comes.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! -- President Merkin Muffley

My mom was a religious fundamentalist. Plus, she didn't have a mouth. It's an unusual combination. -- Bender Bending Rodriguez

Hydra009

Quote from: Casparov on April 10, 2014, 01:55:44 AM
Sooo....

I believe God exists. And I'm willing to debate with people who don't agree with me. And so here I am. Hi. :flowers:
1) Heard it before.
2) Not interested.
3) See logo.

DunkleSeele

Quote from: Casparov on April 10, 2014, 01:55:44 AM
Sooo....

What do you want to debate? The fact that you believe? This is not up for debate; if you say you believe, you do.

If you want to debate Gawd's existence, just keep this in mind: belief is no proof.

Besides that, welcome... for now.

Casparov

Quote from: aileron on April 10, 2014, 02:05:27 AM
Hello.  When you prove God exists please PM me.  I don't always keep track of the theists that come here to minister to the damned, and I don't want to miss the proof when it finally comes.

I cannot make any promises, but I will try to remember to PM you with a link to the post in which I prove the existence of God if and when I achieve this. And for the record I do not consider myself to be "preaching to the damned," rather I consider myself to be putting my world view to the ultimate test against the unrelenting merciless white hot coals of the Atheist Community. I appreciate the opportunity and my only aspiration is to strengthen my arguments and expose the holes and flaws in my own world view that otherwise would surely go unnoticed.
“The Fanatical Atheists are like slaves who are still feeling the weight of their chains which they have thrown off after hard struggle. They are creatures whoâ€"in their grudge against traditional religion as the "opium of the masses"â€"cannot hear the music of other spheres.” - Albert Einstein

Casparov

Quote from: Hydra009 on April 10, 2014, 02:11:50 AM
1) Heard it before.
2) Not interested.
3) See logo.

1) I'm sure you have.
2) Hopefully someone else is then.
3) Saw it.

Casparov

Quote from: DunkleSeele on April 10, 2014, 02:21:09 AM
What do you want to debate? The fact that you believe? This is not up for debate; if you say you believe, you do.

If you want to debate Gawd's existence, just keep this in mind: belief is no proof.

Besides that, welcome... for now.

I knew someone was going to do that, thanks for getting it out of the way. Surprise Surprise I'm not here to debate whether or not I believe in God, cuz you know, that would be silly. I'm here to debate the existence of God, as in whether or not God actually exists.

"Belief is no proof." I'll promise to keep this in mind as long as you do the same.  :wink2:

aileron

Quote from: Casparov on April 10, 2014, 03:03:44 AM
I'm here to debate the existence of God, as in whether or not God actually exists.

What god?  Does your god have a name, a gender?  Is his name YHWH?  Does this god have a personality?  If so is he a unitary or triune person?  What are the attributes of this god?  What are your rules of evidence for this debate? 
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! -- President Merkin Muffley

My mom was a religious fundamentalist. Plus, she didn't have a mouth. It's an unusual combination. -- Bender Bending Rodriguez

DunkleSeele

Quote from: Casparov on April 10, 2014, 03:03:44 AM
I'm here to debate the existence of God, as in whether or not God actually exists.
Good luck with that. People here have possibly heard already all the arguments coming from theists at least a thousand times. You may want to check the "post your proof here" thread.
Quote"Belief is no proof." I'll promise to keep this in mind as long as you do the same.  :wink2:
I do it all the time, don't worry. :wink2:

Bibliofagus

Quote from: \"the_antithesis\"Faith says, "I believe this and I don\'t care what you say, I cannot possibly be wrong." Faith is an act of pride.

Quote from: \"AllPurposeAtheist\"The moral high ground was dug up and made into a walmart apparently today.

Tornadoes caused: 2, maybe 3.

Mr.Obvious

Before you can expect any reasonable argument, you must first define your proposition.
You must define it's quality's and such. You would be amazed in how many different ways people define God.
So please do that and then you can explain why you think it exists why you think it has the attributes you think it has.
It will also give us the time to get our hunting rifles and get ready to shoot down the arguments like clay pidgeons.

But welcome to the forum.
Now, pull!
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

SGOS

Quote from: Casparov on April 10, 2014, 02:58:22 AM
I do not consider myself to be "preaching to the damned," rather I consider myself to be putting my world view to the ultimate test against the unrelenting merciless white hot coals of the Atheist Community.
I've seen that before often enough.  But watching willful ignorance duck, weave, and ignore isn't all that interesting, It may please your god, but don't expect to impress anyone here. 

Solomon Zorn

Welcome Casparov! You seem like a friendly enough ghost! Just remember how Casper got bullied, in the cartoon, by all the other ghosts, and still maintained his friendly demeanor!  :surprised:

First things first though: define (or at least identify) what you mean by God.
If God Exists, Why Does He Pretend Not to Exist?
Poetry and Proverbs of the Uneducated Hick

http://www.solomonzorn.com

StupidWiz

... To teach superstitions as truths is the most terrible thing. The child mind accepts and believes them, and only through great pain and perhaps tragedy can they be in after years relieved of them. - Hypatia

PickelledEggs

Evidence or GTFO if you are here to debate.

Otherwise, welcome.