News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Anyone Seen SON OF GOD?

Started by Solomon Zorn, March 27, 2014, 03:27:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solomon Zorn

I won't, but I thought somebody might.
If God Exists, Why Does He Pretend Not to Exist?
Poetry and Proverbs of the Uneducated Hick

http://www.solomonzorn.com

AllPurposeAtheist

Yeah, he was just sweeping the hallway just outside of my door. He bummed a cigarette from me.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

stromboli

He comes by occasionally. His brother Juan lives kitty corner from me.

PickelledEggs

I'll probably watch it when it's available to stream for free on a site that I use. Same with God's Not Dead. I'll probably watch it on a day that I'm looking for a good laugh.

leo

Quote from: PickelledEggs on March 27, 2014, 04:08:32 PM
I'll probably watch it when it's available to stream for free on a site that I use. Same with God's Not Dead. I'll probably watch it on a day that I'm looking for a good laugh.
God's not dead is looking (according to the clips) to be the most retarded religious movie ever . Kevin sorbo is playing a atheist professor . Apparently he is mad with god. This film is suggesting atheists are people that are mad with the judeochristian god. Being mad at any god is like being mad at Santa or the easter bunny. This could be a very funny movie. Maybe I will watched it later.
Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .

stromboli

Fwiw, both movies got the same rating on Rotten tomatoes- 22% The critics aren't lovin' Jesus, apparently. Must be atheists. Damn them!
Kevin Sorbo is the only actor I know that can take an epic movie plot and budget like King Kull and turn it into the equivalent of a 2 hour TV B movie. 

Review of God's Not Dead:

"God may not be dead, but I'd be willing to wager this movie at least gave him a faint wave of nausea."

Review of Son of God:

"...as good as any film edited together from segments of a History Channel miniseries can be expected to be, which is to say it's utterly terrible."

So there. Not wasting my time, personally.

Gawdzilla Sama

I'll wait for Netflix. I bet there will be plenty of meme-shots from that. :plot:
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

stromboli

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on March 28, 2014, 11:11:39 AM
I'll wait for Netflix. I bet there will be plenty of meme-shots from that. :plot:

I don't think you'll have long to wait.

PickelledEggs

I already knew they were going to be horrible. Sometimes horrible movies are hilarious to watch and entertaining for all the wrong reasons.

Sent from the land of pizza.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: stromboli on March 28, 2014, 11:16:21 AM
I don't think you'll have long to wait.
I mean for myself to grab and use.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

SGOS

Quote from: leo on March 28, 2014, 10:52:38 AM
                                                                                                                                                    God's not dead is looking (according to the clips) to be the most retarded religious movie ever . Kevin sorbo is playing a atheist professor . Apparently he is mad with god. This film is suggesting atheists are people that are mad with the judeochristian god. Being mad at any god is like being mad at Santa or the easter bunny. This could be a very funny movie. Maybe I will watched it later.
I saw a coming attraction at the theater.  The character development may be pretty cheesy .  The professor seemed like he may be such an asshole, that even I would hate him.  I got the impression he was a proselytizer more consumed by an irrational hatred of God than he was with his teaching.  It struck me as a projection of a Christian irrationality and need for control onto the necessary antagonist, who would surely be brought to his knees by the awesome power of God. <make gagging sounds>

stromboli

Quote from: SGOS on March 28, 2014, 11:58:11 AM
I saw a coming attraction at the theater.  The character development may be pretty cheesy .  The professor seemed like he may be such an asshole, that even I would hate him.  I got the impression he was a proselytizer more consumed by an irrational hatred of God than he was with his teaching.  It struck me as a projection of a Christian irrationality and need for control onto the necessary antagonist, who would surely be brought to his knees by the awesome power of God. <make gagging sounds>

I read the reviews for both movies. the word "cheesy" was used a lot.

leo

Quote from: SGOS on March 28, 2014, 11:58:11 AM
Ordinary christians will love this movie anyway. Most christians are really retarded. Maybe I will watch this crappy movie later for a few laughs.
Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .

stromboli

I won't bother with either one. Kevin Sorbo doesn't rate 3 minutes of my time. The only reason "Son of God" got made is that Mark Barnett is boning Roma Downey. He wants to keep doing that. I have to admit she is very boneable.

Jason78

Quote from: stromboli on March 28, 2014, 11:10:34 AM
Kevin Sorbo is the only actor I know that can take an epic movie plot and budget like King Kull and turn it into the equivalent of a 2 hour TV B movie. 

I liked him better when he was doing Hercules In Space.   Except for the last season.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato