News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Anyone Seen SON OF GOD?

Started by Solomon Zorn, March 27, 2014, 03:27:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason78

Quote from: stromboli on March 28, 2014, 01:15:32 PM
I won't bother with either one. Kevin Sorbo doesn't rate 3 minutes of my time. The only reason "Son of God" got made is that Mark Barnett is boning Roma Downey. He wants to keep doing that. I have to admit she is very boneable.

Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

AllPurposeAtheist

I really hate to break the bad news, but I probably won't be finding some drop dead gorgeous woman on a date to watch it.
On the other hand I probably won't be finding many drop dead gorgeous dates period.

Hint: It sucks to be me. :doh:
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Shol'va

Whoever decides to go see it, please don't spoil the plot for the rest of us.

aitm

I think calling Sorbo an actor is equally cheesy
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

PickelledEggs

Quote from: aitm on March 28, 2014, 10:07:24 PM
I think calling Sorbo an actor is equally cheesy
I thought he was ok in the Herculese TV show.... but then again, I was 7 and didn't know anything.

Atheon

I once met a guy who told me that he battled Satan in the basement of a neighborhood church, and was rewarded with pink and white marijuana. "It's not easy being the new Christ," he said.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

the_antithesis

Son of God is just the jesus section of that Bible miniseries from the History Channel re-edited into a two-hour movie. Literally. Everyone who bought that DVD already owns this movie. It is the most shameless cash grab for the easter dollar from people who think they need to do something religious and don't want to go to church.

SGOS

Quote from: the_antithesis on March 29, 2014, 09:34:57 AM
Son of God is just the jesus section of that Bible miniseries from the History Channel re-edited into a two-hour movie. Literally. Everyone who bought that DVD already owns this movie. It is the most shameless cash grab for the easter dollar from people who think they need to do something religious and don't want to go to church.

http://www.avclub.com/review/history-channels-bible-cut-equally-chintzy-film-so-201628

Almost 10 years to the day after Mel Gibson’s The Passion Of The Christ shook the commentariat to its core, another feature film arrives in theaters to repave the road to Calvary. Don’t mark that anniversary calendar just yet: Son Of God is actually a re-edit of last year’s History Channel series The Bible,

Well, I'll be damned.  I don't have TV so I didn't see the thing on the History Channel.  If this is true, it's kind of cheap way for Hollywood to make money, but then in Capitalism, this is acceptable.  I wonder if History Channel viewers will be surprised and disappointed if they go see it?

the_antithesis

Quote from: SGOS on March 29, 2014, 09:49:36 AM
I wonder if History Channel viewers will be surprised and disappointed if they go see it?

What? You think they were actually paying attention when they watched it... or even watched their Blu Ray of the Miniseries? They bought it to feel pious, not to watch it.

Mandingo

Quote from: stromboli on March 28, 2014, 01:15:32 PMThe only reason "Son of God" got made is that Mark Barnett is boning Roma Downey. He wants to keep doing that. I have to admit she is very boneable.

That of course screams for an illustration:

Hmmm. Not bad at all.
Not a spring chicken anymore. though.
Could be girlfriends with Nigella Lawson!

doorknob

I was forced to watch God's not dead today. I want to puke. Of course my christian mother was sobbing and totally convinced by this dribble.

Nitishajack

I haven't seen it and don't plan to go see it. The "trailers" show it to be very Hollywoodish, not lined up with the scriptures

Mandingo

Quote from: Nitishajack on April 20, 2014, 04:15:56 PM
I haven't seen it and don't plan to go see it. The "trailers" show it to be very Hollywoodish, not lined up with the scriptures

Of course not: Hollywood is Jewish (too).

stromboli

Well, you know what they say. When in Roma.....

Savior2006

I don't mind the occasional "Christian message" movie. I don't watch them of course, but it does a good job of keeping the more moronic of the devout happy. They are also good for illustrating (God's Not Dead in particular) in establishing that an argument that was shitty ten years ago ("you can't prove God DOESN'T exist" and "why do you have any negative feelings at all toward a character that doesn't exist") is still bad now.
It took science to do what people imagine God can do.
--ApostateLois

"The closer you are to God the further you are from the truth."
--St Giordano