News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Snow Sucks!

Started by wolf39us, December 14, 2013, 10:29:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hillbillyatheist

thats what I said in oklahoma. I walk around in a T shirt in 50 degrees, but try waiting on a bus in minus 12 degrees, windchills 30 below, with snow blowing in your face. LOL you can't wear enough clothes to get warm in that shit.

or falling on your ass on black ice. ugh
like my posts and thoughts? then check out my new blog. you can subscribe via email too, so that when its updated, you\'ll get an email, letting you know.

just click here

Shiranu

Quote from: "hillbillyatheist"thats what I said in oklahoma. I walk around in a T shirt in 50 degrees, but try waiting on a bus in minus 12 degrees, windchills 30 below, with snow blowing in your face. LOL you can't wear enough clothes to get warm in that shit.

or falling on your ass on black ice. ugh

Don't know how cold it was, but got caught on a mountain during a snow storm... my beard and shirt was frozen solid to me.

Doesn't get that cold here, but it snows. There is a difference between chilly with snow and a blizzard.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hakurei Reimu

So you're the one stealing all of Vermont's snow! Give it back!  :axe

Seriously, though, snow does suck, especially when it forms black ice. UGH!
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

Hydra009

Quote from: "Shiranu"I love snow, but then I am a very warm person so the cold doesn't bother me.
Same.  *polar bear fist pound*

Yet so many people here have such a low tolerance for cold.  They start freaking out when it's like 60.  That's t-shirt weather!  I've known a girl who said she was cold indoors at like 75.  Like shivering cold.  WTF.

Aroura33

I grew up in the high deserts of central Oregon, so I was quite used to winters with 2 feet of snow, shoveling it, driving in it, etc.  Now that I live in the valley, I miss the hell out of it.

We just had quite a snow in for where I currently live.  Got 6 inches last Friday, and it stayed, pure and white and fluffy, all the way until the following Thursday.  It was cold enough that it didn't stick well for snowball fights or snowmen, or pack into ice on the roads.  Not bad for driving (not like that shit that happens at 30 degrees, where it slushes and then turns right to ice), but they still closed all the schools Friday, and kept them closed until the following Friday. Of course, part of that was freezing fog (now THAT STUFF SUCKS!!!), and then this last Thursday, freezing rain right before everything finally warmed up and melted.
 5 days off school...The kids loved it, but THAT was the only reason I wanted the snow to go away.  There will be enough time off in a week!  

Anyway, although the reality of snow is often less than fun, lots of work, and sometimes retards that cause accidents, I still love it.
"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.  LLAP"
Leonard Nimoy

hillbillyatheist

Quote from: "Hydra009"
Quote from: "Shiranu"I love snow, but then I am a very warm person so the cold doesn't bother me.
Same.  *polar bear fist pound*

Yet so many people here have such a low tolerance for cold.  They start freaking out when it's like 60.  That's t-shirt weather!  I've known a girl who said she was cold indoors at like 75.  Like shivering cold.  WTF.
my sister and mom are like that. if its below 80 they needs a sweater. me if its above 80 I'm miserably hot.
like my posts and thoughts? then check out my new blog. you can subscribe via email too, so that when its updated, you\'ll get an email, letting you know.

just click here

stromboli

Grew up with it, so it has always been a part of my life. Just one of those things. Don't miss it if not there, though. This year is the first time I thought about buying a snow blower because of my age. Fairly mild winter so far, so we'll see.

Hydra009

Quote from: "hillbillyatheist"my sister and mom are like that. if its below 80 they needs a sweater.
How is that not a medical condition???  That'd be normal for like, a lizard or something, but a human?!

Fidel_Castronaut

I really like snow.

Skiing in the Italian alps in around a month, can't wait :)
lol, marquee. HTML ROOLZ!

GrinningYMIR

I love snow

Especially when it's at night. I like to stand on the back porch and just watch it fall. It's always quiet, so peaceful
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

PickelledEggs

Lol I live in NJ. We get pretty heavy snow every year. Not as bad as upstate NY, but still a lot. I love it though. Snow is my favorite kind of weather. (and I got stuck walking through snow and freezing rain for 2+ hours yesterday trying to get home from the Trailer Park Boys live christmas show.)

Mermaid

Snow makes me happy. People have actually yelled at me for saying this, Seriously. I am not going to apologize for loving the snow. I love it, it is beautiful and clean and it makes everything quiet. It will always put me in a good mood and I will always be a little sad when it stops snowing.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Plu

Quote from: "Hydra009"
Quote from: "hillbillyatheist"my sister and mom are like that. if its below 80 they needs a sweater.
How is that not a medical condition???  That'd be normal for like, a lizard or something, but a human?!

Adaption to whatever is normal for you. Try going around in 120 degrees weather. You'll be able to deal with it a lot less than people who are accustomed to it. :)

Jason78

Quote from: "hillbillyatheist"I walk around in a T shirt in 50 degrees, but try waiting on a bus in minus 12 degrees, windchills 30 below, with snow blowing in your face. LOL you can't wear enough clothes to get warm in that shit.

Units!  I need units!
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Plu

I wonder if places with an 80 degree celsius difference in temperature even exist on earth. They probably wouldn't be considered very habitable, at any rate.