News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Banned some users

Started by Plu, October 14, 2013, 05:42:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plu

We've been getting some weird folks lately posting silly discussion and after some closer observation, all these accounts seemed to be coming from the exact same location.

They have all been banned. So if the forum is suddenly a little more quiet; that's why.

Jason78

Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Shiranu

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

SGOS

I suggested we get a little more heavy handed with the hammer in another thread just before I saw this.  We should have a huge NOTICE at the top of the page that announces a ban and the name of the offender for say 24 hours in flashing red letters.  It would be more satisfying that just having a troll disappear.   :-D

_Xenu_

MmmAtlas should be next IMHO. Then this place would be back to normal.
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

Plu

He's one of the people on the same IP, and has been removed. From what I know the ban should affect MmmAtlas, Graniona123 and YurmaGetto.

If he somehow gets on a new IP, I'll banhammer all the individual accounts instead. Most trolls don't bother, though.

Jmpty

???  ??

AllPurposeAtheist

Oh mannn.. I'll miss trivial, meaningless threads nobody cares one iota about, but I have faith another one will pop up.. We have a few people who've been around awhile who rarely, if ever contribute anything other than nonsense, but no names.. I'm not a fink. Well, sorta not a fink.
Ok, I'm a fink! :lol:
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

mykcob4

I knew they were trolls! Thanks!

mykcob4

Quote from: "Plu"We've been getting some weird folks lately posting silly discussion and after some closer observation, all these accounts seemed to be coming from the exact same location.

They have all been banned. So if the forum is suddenly a little more quiet; that's why.
Please lock or remove all their threads.

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: "drunkenshoe"
Quote from: "_Xenu_"MmmAtlas should be next IMHO. Then this place would be back to normal.

It is not really a good idea to ban some people because they don't fit our expectations.
Good point toots.. I have a hunch I've failed to meet expectations on at least one occasion. :shock:
It's been so long ago I've forgotten about it though.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

_Xenu_

Quote from: "drunkenshoe"
Quote from: "_Xenu_"MmmAtlas should be next IMHO. Then this place would be back to normal.

It is not really a good idea to ban some people because they don't fit our expectations.
MmmAtlas was the same person as Graniona123 and YurmaGetto according to IP address.
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

leo

What bothers me the most is that this funny troll never answer my important question. How rude! :evil:
Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .

Shiranu

I don't think his problem was he didn't meet our expectations, I think the problem was (besides sock puppetting) the fact that he was spamming the thread with pointless threads.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Mermaid

It's good to know that my moderator radar is still intact.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR