News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Banned some users

Started by Plu, October 14, 2013, 05:42:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solitary

=D> Solitary Still here I hope. :shock:   :lol:
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

AllPurposeAtheist

I tend to agree. People come in all sorts of packages and not everyone is going to post what some consider intelligent or even reasonable.
Annoying shouldn't be the bar. I'm well aware I can and do annoy people, but that's just tough because many annoy me.
We have varied views here and a few members who don't really post opinions well thought out or thought at all and yet they remain with no objections.
One 'won' a thread be default because of a crash and not a lot of content comes from him, but I don't have a problem there. It is what it is. Is it annoying? Perhaps, but it's also fairly harmless so how about extending the 10 post rule and be willing to make exceptions for new members who actually post thoughtful content. People such as mmm can burn through 10 posts in a day with silly nonsense while others might take several weeks or months to reach 10..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Solitary

Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"I tend to agree. People come in all sorts of packages and not everyone is going to post what some consider intelligent or even reasonable.
Annoying shouldn't be the bar. I'm well aware I can and do annoy people, but that's just tough because many annoy me.
We have varied views here and a few members who don't really post opinions well thought out or thought at all and yet they remain with no objections.
One 'won' a thread be default because of a crash and not a lot of content comes from him, but I don't have a problem there. It is what it is. Is it annoying? Perhaps, but it's also fairly harmless so how about extending the 10 post rule and be willing to make exceptions for new members who actually post thoughtful content. People such as mmm can burn through 10 posts in a day with silly nonsense while others might take several weeks or months to reach 10..

You not annoying to me, you funny man, that makes it fun to read your posts that make my day.  8-)  We need more like you.  =D>  Solitary

Now just stop doing it!

AllPurposeAtheist

Gosh..now I'm blushing.. DAMNED YOU! :evil: :lol:

SGOS

Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"I tend to agree. People come in all sorts of packages and not everyone is going to post what some consider intelligent or even reasonable.
Annoying shouldn't be the bar.
I agree to an extent.  Some people's political views annoy me, but I know they are sincere.  That's a lot different from one who is here for the sole purpose of annoying everyone and who intentionally acts stupid and obtuse just to be an asshole.  That degrades the forum.

If they are genuinely stupid, perhaps they don't belong here either.  That call is a little harder to make, but still someone has to preserve the forum integrity.  God knows, we do enough stupid things here on our own, but most of the time our own stupid threads are just a way for everyone to say stupid things and laugh.

AllPurposeAtheist

That's why I proposed extending the 10 post rule to say..25-50 to see where they're at. If they post reasonable stuff then let em post elsewhere, but explain it well on the signup page and make em agree to the terms..
The downside is someone needs to monitor the initial posts..

PickelledEggs

Quote from: "Solitary"

You not annoying to me, you funny man, that makes it fun to read your posts that make my day.  8-)  We need more like you.  =D>  Solitary

Now just stop doing it! [ Image ]

I second that. I can tell that you're joking with most of the things you post. And the things that you might not be joking about, it's not like you're being malicious or anything.

Heck, you even reminded me of my favorite part of the bible, Videothians. What would we do without you?

CloneKai

Me still here?
yep!   8-[
lets see if i can make a thread which lowers general audience IQ

Solitary

General audience maybe, but not this audience.  :P   :lol:  Solitary

stromboli

Quote from: "CloneKai"Me still here?
yep!   8-[
lets see if i can make a thread which lowers general audience IQ

We never think of ourselves as a general audience.  [-X

AllPurposeAtheist

Now knock it off! I go out of my way to piss you people off and you go and act AS IF my posts actually sometimes, once in awhile make sense! Do you know how that makes me feel? :shock:

Actually I'm flattered, but now you have proof of someone lowering general audience IQ without even trying.. :lol: