News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Why do trans people feel the way they do?

Started by ParaGoomba Slayer, September 09, 2013, 11:08:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ParaGoomba Slayer

[size=150]Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision.[/size]

[size=150]Your liberty to swing your fist ends just where my nose begins. This is very simple reasoning that is applied to everything, EXCEPT infant circumcision for some stupid fucking reason.[/size]

Hijiri Byakuren

Define trans. Then define how you think they feel.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

LikelyToBreak

Why do non-trans people feel the way they do?  No expert on the subject, but it seems to me different people trans and otherwise have a lot of different feelings and thoughts on why they feel the way they do.  :-k

Agramon

"And, tricked by our own early dream
And need of solace, we grew self-deceived,
Our making soon our maker did we deem,
And what we had imagined we believed."
- Thomas Hardy

Aroura33

/fundamentalist poe hat on
Because they made a CHOICE to feel that way! Duh!
"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.  LLAP"
Leonard Nimoy

ApostateLois

"Now we see through a glass dumbly." ~Crow, MST3K #903, "Puma Man"

Colanth

I don't know what you mean by "feel the way they do", but if you mean how can someone with a male body feel like a woman (or the other way around), it's because their brain is the gender they feel, not the sex their body is.
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

The Skeletal Atheist

I know some have been shown to have minds that are biologically those of the opposite sex. Other than that I wouldn't know.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

Solitary

:-?   :-k  Because of a hormone imbalance while being a fetus and after being born? They like to have more options like big macho hairy chested men?  :shock:  #-o   :lol:  Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

frosty

I can sympathize with them somewhat, I mean life is hard enough as it is without being confused or messed up as to the role that gender plays in your life. I see myself as a human, not a male (although I am physically a male), but there really is no problems there. But since trans people are involved in conflicting traditional gender roles, I can see how many problems could arise from that.

Colanth

I think most of their "problems" arise not from what they are, but how we see them.  I've had trans friends, and I've heard stories ... and if I were a theist I'd thank my god every day for having put my body and my brain in sync.
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

mykcob4

Did you start this thread just to start a thread or are you really that......?

Aletheia

Why do trans people feel the way they do?

Well, some have a vague empty feeling whenever they haven't eaten for a while, so I'm guessing they feel hunger as a result.

Some have been known to get chills whenever walking outside in the nude in the dead of winter. However, those who are members of the polar bear club are less likely to take note until a much longer exposure.

Other trans have been known to feel some basic emotions such as anger, sadness, fear, happiness, and even the less well known schadenfreude. Scientists speculate this has something to do with them being human.

You might want to be a little more specific. Transgendered individuals feel a ton of sensations and emotions.
Quote from: Jakenessif you believe in the supernatural, you do not understand modern science. Period.

Eric1958

I've only known a few people who I knew were transgender. Always thought that it must take a lot of courage to take that leap.

aitm

It is estimated that 1.5% of the world are "trans-gendered". As this physical androgyny occurs in various degrees from male dominated to female dominated it would seem likely that they would experience associative psychological androgyny in degrees of male v female. While I can't testify to their thoughts, it would see, after several drinks that one could easily understand the difficulties of the persona's one would bounce back and forth with. I feel for them.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust