News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Yahoo News is Getting Exceptionally Bad

Started by SGOS, August 17, 2013, 12:23:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: "Fidel_Castronaut"Ya-who?
Actor in Jackie Chan movies I think.. Isn't he the guy who gets his ass kicked 30 times in the first scene? :shock:
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Fidel_Castronaut

Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"
Actor in Jackie Chan movies I think.. Isn't he the guy who gets his ass kicked 30 times in the first scene? :shock:
lol, marquee. HTML ROOLZ!

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: "Fidel_Castronaut"
[ Image ]
So is owning an old bed sheet with holes in it, but I don't own a torch so it's allowed.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Colanth

Actor in Jackie Chan movies I think..
Oh, I thought it was the owl husband in the new GEICO commercials.
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

GrinningYMIR

Yahoo is basically all bloggers these days with the occasional actual article from NY times or AP

And its vehemently anti-Microsoft, claiming that Apple products are the greatest computers on the face of the planet. And that Steve jobs is nothing short of the messiah, they'll be announcing Jobsianism any day now
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Atheon

I had problems for years with Yahoo mail automatically trashing mail with attachments over some ridiculously small size limit. I got a gmail account as soon as I could, and migrated away from Yahoo.

Yahoo News has always sucked. Years ago I was better able to control what appeared in my newsfeed, but then they made it more difficult. I DON'T want to see celebrity gossip, but that seemed to be their specialty. I don't CARE what happened to Brangelina etc.

I gave up on Yahoo search as soon as Google launched its own engine and proved faster and better.

So no Yahoo anymore.

But lately, Google has started to suck more and more...
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

SGOS

Since Google came up with its search engine, it's hard to imagine anyone using anything else.

Hydra009

Quote from: "SGOS"Since Google came up with its search engine, it's hard to imagine anyone using anything else.

Triple Nine

Quote from: "SGOS"Since Google came up with its search engine, it's hard to imagine anyone using anything else.

DuckDuckGo destroys all.
Playing: Skullgirls
On hold: Shin Megami Tensei IV (3DS)
Pokemon X & Y (3DS)
Whenever I get my GODDAMNED 3DS back  \":evil:\"
Religion, Nationalism, and Racism is all under the evil wing of Conservatism and preservation of useless traditions!

Solomon Zorn

I used to have Yahoo just as a home page, but now I use Google just because it's simplicity makes for a much faster start up when I launch the browser.
If God Exists, Why Does He Pretend Not to Exist?
Poetry and Proverbs of the Uneducated Hick

http://www.solomonzorn.com

Colanth

If you want an even faster startup, try using a blank page as your "home page".

ParaGoomba Slayer

Ads? What are those?

https://adblockplus.org/en/firefox

My aunt and my cousin's girlfriend both work in the advertising industry. I casually mentioned that I use adblockplus at dinner and there was a burst of silence. :rollin:
[size=150]Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision.[/size]

[size=150]Your liberty to swing your fist ends just where my nose begins. This is very simple reasoning that is applied to everything, EXCEPT infant circumcision for some stupid fucking reason.[/size]

Hydra009

Quote from: "ParaGoomba Slayer"Ads? What are those?

My aunt and my cousin's girlfriend both work in the advertising industry. I casually mentioned that I use adblockplus at dinner and there was a burst of silence. :rollin:
Well, there is an option to show non-intrustive ads, but yeah, the marketing people ought to be scared.  Technology has just about...

Hang on a sec, gotta go tweet  my "friend" McDonalds.

Colanth

Saying "I think that believing in God is stupid" probably would have gone over better.

Plu

Missed opportunity for them to figure out how to become better at their jobs, I guess.