News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

What is it - this Voynich manuscript?

Started by WitchSabrina, July 31, 2013, 09:01:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WitchSabrina

I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.

Shiranu

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

SGOS

An odd book review, if I ever saw one.  When I started reading it, Dan Brown came to mind.  Halfway through, he was referenced.  But I keep seeing the potential for another wonderful piece of pulp, which I would read with relish, by the way.

SGOS

But to answer your question, I think it was left behind by ancient aliens that built the pyramids.  There can be no other explanation.   :-D

WitchSabrina

I once translated a medieval chant [witches chant] and it took me nearly 20 years to do so.  It was comprised of 5 different root languages.  I am wondering if this Voynich manuscript couldn't be something similar?   The chant I decoded (according to myself and no other authority, mind you) was used at a certain Sabbat whereby people from various geographical locations would have likely attended a ceremony.  Wondering if the book might not be geared in the same vein - a script invented to be read by different cultures?  Seems everyone who's attempted to translate the book has done so working in One particular vein or trying a certain region geographically - when actually it doesn't answer to one language alone (?)

Meanwhile - I've had the thing sent to my tablet and intend this to be my 'winter' project.  I take on one unusual project each winter.  Usually I interpret strange symbols and their potential usage.  Far more experienced and accredited folk have worked on the Voynich manuscript than me lol.................Wish me luck.

WitchSabrina

Quote from: "SGOS"An odd book review, if I ever saw one.  When I started reading it, Dan Brown came to mind.  Halfway through, he was referenced.  But I keep seeing the potential for another wonderful piece of pulp, which I would read with relish, by the way.

Yes. I very much anticipate Dan Brown doing something lovely and entertaining with this book - YAY!
(I love Dan Brown :rollin: )

SGOS

Quote from: "WitchSabrina"I once translated a medieval chant [witches chant] and it took me nearly 20 years to do so.  It was comprised of 5 different root languages.  I am wondering if this Voynich manuscript couldn't be something similar?   The chant I decoded (according to myself and no other authority, mind you) was used at a certain Sabbat whereby people from various geographical locations would have likely attended a ceremony.  Wondering if the book might not be geared in the same vein - a script invented to be read by different cultures?  Seems everyone who's attempted to translate the book has done so working in One particular vein or trying a certain region geographically - when actually it doesn't answer to one language alone (?)

Meanwhile - I've had the thing sent to my tablet and intend this to be my 'winter' project.  I take on one unusual project each winter.  Usually I interpret strange symbols and their potential usage.  Far more experienced and accredited folk have worked on the Voynich manuscript than me lol.................Wish me luck.
I just hope you don't open a Pandora's box full of evil that will destroy mankind.  :-D

WitchSabrina

Quote from: "SGOS"
Quote from: "WitchSabrina"I once translated a medieval chant [witches chant] and it took me nearly 20 years to do so.  It was comprised of 5 different root languages.  I am wondering if this Voynich manuscript couldn't be something similar?   The chant I decoded (according to myself and no other authority, mind you) was used at a certain Sabbat whereby people from various geographical locations would have likely attended a ceremony.  Wondering if the book might not be geared in the same vein - a script invented to be read by different cultures?  Seems everyone who's attempted to translate the book has done so working in One particular vein or trying a certain region geographically - when actually it doesn't answer to one language alone (?)

I just hope you don't open a Pandora's box full of evil that will destroy mankind.  :-D

with ill-tempered sea bass?

:rollin:  :rollin:  :rollin:

WitchSabrina

SGOS

Quote from: "WitchSabrina"Dammit!   Cannot afford this
http://www.amazon.com/The-Voynich-Manus ... manuscript

:shock:  :shock:
$1,315.75  ???  Holy crap!

aitm

Quote from: "WitchSabrina"I take on one unusual project each winter.

:-"

[spoil:lwq80tl5][/spoil:lwq80tl5]
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

WitchSabrina

Quote from: "SGOS"
Quote from: "WitchSabrina"Dammit!   Cannot afford this
http://www.amazon.com/The-Voynich-Manus ... manuscript

:shock:  :shock:
$1,315.75  ???  Holy crap!

Right?  I'm crying in my cornflakes over here.   Why is this so expensive?  WTF?   I wrote Amazon in case its some of or page error.  ""gulp""
I paid $500 for a book ---- once.   But it is a rare, one-of-a-kind book.  There isn't another one like it anywhere.

the_antithesis

Mister Agenda

Ask Old Seer. I bet he will have pages to say about this topic.
Atheists are not anti-Christian. They are anti-stupid.--WitchSabrina

WitchSabrina

Quote from: "Mister Agenda"Ask Old Seer. I bet he will have pages to say about this topic.

Stop it.  *throws coffee cup at your head*
 :rollin: