The Christian Myth Is Based on Pagan Myths

Started by Solitary, July 27, 2013, 11:32:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solitary

http://youtu.be/sD9f0XU_S78  If this video and three others on the subject don't prove Jesus is a myth I don't know what it takes  to convince believers  it's a myth also. :roll:  Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

LikelyToBreak

While I wouldn't want to dispute the evidence in the videos Solitary kindly posted for us, I think Richard Carrier, Timothy Freke and other historians present better evidence.  At least more convincing for me.  

Probably, just because in the way they present the evidence against there being a Christ.  Personal prejudice on my part.

Eric1958

That was cool, thanks for the link Solitary. Also appreciate the tips on who I can look up for more information Likelytobreak.

A subject I've developed an interest in is the persecution of science by the Christian Church over the last couple of eons. Any suggestions on good books or websites I could use for reference would be appreciated.

LikelyToBreak

Several good YouTube documentaries and such about the Dover Trial.  Shows how the Christians will lie to get their ideas pushed.  Don't forget about Bruno.

Eric1958

Quote from: "LikelyToBreak"Several good YouTube documentaries and such about the Dover Trial.  Shows how the Christians will lie to get their ideas pushed.  Don't forget about Bruno.

Cool beans, I hadn't caught either the Dover trial or Bruno. Ya gotta love Google, it makes looking stuff like this up so easy. Thanks for the tip.

PilatesQuestion

Where did the story of Jesus' Resurrection come from?

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: "PilatesQuestion"Where did the story of Jesus' Resurrection come from?
Earlier stories.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

PilatesQuestion

Quote from: "Hijiri Byakuren"
Quote from: "PilatesQuestion"Where did the story of Jesus' Resurrection come from?
Earlier stories.

Which ones?

Colanth

Osiris (ca 2450 BCE) was brought back from death so he could father a son (Horus).  The Egyptians probably got the idea from earlier myths.
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

PilatesQuestion

Quote from: "Colanth"Osiris (ca 2450 BCE) was brought back from death so he could father a son (Horus).  The Egyptians probably got the idea from earlier myths.

Actually, the pieces of his body were sort of stuck back together by his 'lover'. Moreover, the myth of Osiris changed several times as Egyptian history went on.
Jesus was fully Resurrected from the dead, was able to walk and to talk on his own and performed miracles after His Resurrection. The story of His Resurrection never changed.

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: "PilatesQuestion"
Quote from: "Colanth"Osiris (ca 2450 BCE) was brought back from death so he could father a son (Horus).  The Egyptians probably got the idea from earlier myths.

Actually, the pieces of his body were sort of stuck back together by his 'lover'. Moreover, the myth of Osiris changed several times as Egyptian history went on.
Jesus was fully Resurrected from the dead, was able to walk and to talk on his own and performed miracles after His Resurrection. The story of His Resurrection never changed.
The existence of four Biblical gospels with four different stories says otherwise, to say nothing of the many non-canonical gospels the Catholic Church decided to leave out. Yes, you'll give me the whole "they're basically the same" spiel, but then again so are the Osiris stories; thereby proving nothing.

PilatesQuestion

Modern scholars agree that the Canonical Gospels agree with each other without being copies of each other.
The Catholics made their own Bible and did not canonize the Bible, but the 'Gospels' which were not included in the canon are absurd forgeries.

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: "PilatesQuestion"Modern scholars agree that the Canonical Gospels agree with each other without being copies of each other.
Source? You see the difference between you and me is that I give you facts you can easily Google. It's hard to look up something as vague as "modern scholars." Which scholars?

Quote from: "PilatesQuestion"The Catholics made their own Bible and did not canonize the Bible, but the 'Gospels' which were not included in the canon are absurd forgeries.
How did you come to this conclusion?

LikelyToBreak

Well that's the rub.  You have to have "modern scholars" to tell us that what we are reading just ain't so.

About the "forgies," we'll never be able to examine them ourselves, because what the church didn't like, they burned.  Just like the monks burned all the stuff they found which the Mayans left behind.  God Damn, I hate censors.

PilatesQuestion

All of my information comes from one or more of these sources:
http://www.amazon.com/Reinventing-Jesus ... ting+jesus
http://www.amazon.com/On-Guard-Defendin ... s=on+guard
http://www.amazon.com/Case-Resurrection ... surrection
http://www.amazon.com/The-Case-Christ-J ... for+christ

Actually, plenty of pseudepiagraphical Gospels are in existence today, such as the Gospel of Thomas and other infancy gospels.