News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Lifelong Atheist Saying Hello

Started by Hijiri Byakuren, July 06, 2013, 10:45:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hijiri Byakuren

Hey folks, another atheist joining the ranks here. I usually don't go onto forums like this one, but y'all seem like a nice enough bunch. :-D
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

DunkleSeele

Welcome Hijiri! Tell us something about you.

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: "DunkleSeele"Welcome Hijiri! Tell us something about you.
Well for one thing, "Hijiri" is my namesake's surname, not her given name. :P

Anyway, if you want to know anything in particular you'll have to be more specific. For the most part I tend to be more of a lurker than a debater, and I try making a habit of choosing my words carefully. I have a tendency to be overly verbose when I do speak, and I'm endeavoring to break that habit.

As far as personal interests, I am a casual gamer. I like strategy games, but lean more toward the turn-based variety, and I like a good RPG now and then. I'm also a bit of a Team Fortress 2 enthusiast. I like writing and composing music, though the latter is mostly limited to MIDI builds, and the former I haven't had much time to do in many years. I have a casual interest in astronomy and sociology, and have taken some courses in both. I have also, at various times, been working on my Japanese and Mandarin so I can go teach English in those countries. (Though contrary to expectation I am not much of an anime buff.) Lastly, I've always considered myself somewhat of a history buff and have been known to plow through books on the subject in a few days whenever I lay hands on them.

Sal1981

Hakurei Reimu

Hey, it's another Touhoufag!

Welcome, Byakuren-chan!
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: "Hakurei Reimu"Hey, it's another Touhoufag!
Oh, is that the term? I don't actually frequent any Touhou communities, so I wouldn't know! :-D

Johan

Welcome Hijiri!
I occasionally compose music as well. I'm curious, what is a MIDI build in terms of music composition? I know what MIDI is and how to use it, my first synth was one of the first Korgs that could do MIDI. And I worked as a keyboard player in the early 90's when MIDI was in its heyday. But I'm not familiar with the term MIDI build. Inquiring minds want to know.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

bada94

Quote from: "Hijiri Byakuren"
Quote from: "DunkleSeele"Welcome Hijiri! Tell us something about you.
Well for one thing, "Hijiri" is my namesake's surname, not her given name. :P

Anyway, if you want to know anything in particular you'll have to be more specific. For the most part I tend to be more of a lurker than a debater, and I try making a habit of choosing my words carefully. I have a tendency to be overly verbose when I do speak, and I'm endeavoring to break that habit.

As far as personal interests, I am a casual gamer. I like strategy games, but lean more toward the turn-based variety, and I like a good RPG now and then. I'm also a bit of a Team Fortress 2 enthusiast. I like writing and composing music, though the latter is mostly limited to MIDI builds, and the former I haven't had much time to do in many years. I have a casual interest in astronomy and sociology, and have taken some courses in both. I have also, at various times, been working on my Japanese and Mandarin so I can go teach English in those countries. (Though contrary to expectation I am not much of an anime buff.) Lastly, I've always considered myself somewhat of a history buff and have been known to plow through books on the subject in a few days whenever I lay hands on them.

Welcome man, you're a lucky bastard for being a lifelong atheist.

?????????????????????????????
???????????
One shouldn\'t believe everything one reads on the internet. - Abraham Lincoln

The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species. - Christopher Hitchens

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: "Johan"Welcome Hijiri!
*Byakuren

Quote from: "Johan"I occasionally compose music as well. I'm curious, what is a MIDI build in terms of music composition? I know what MIDI is and how to use it, my first synth was one of the first Korgs that could do MIDI. And I worked as a keyboard player in the early 90's when MIDI was in its heyday. But I'm not familiar with the term MIDI build. Inquiring minds want to know.
A MIDI build is when you plug a MIDI into a program like FL Studio and use it like a song sheet.

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: "bada94"?????????????????????????????
???????????
Aye, as well as katakana and a few dozen Kanji. You'll have to forgive me for not returning the favor here, I've never been able to figure out how to install language packs on Vista. (And I'm too lazy to re-open the page on my other computer. :P )

bada94

Quote from: "bada94"?????????????????????????????
???????????
Aye, as well as katakana and a few dozen Kanji. You'll have to forgive me for not returning the favor here, I've never been able to figure out how to install language packs on Vista. (And I'm too lazy to re-open the page on my other computer. :P )

Haha nice, same here.

About the language pack, it's quite easy actually, it is already available, you just have to activate it in the control panel under language and keyboard settings. Although that's Windows 7, idk about Vista.

The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species. - Christopher Hitchens

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: "bada94"About the language pack, it's quite easy actually, it is already available, you just have to activate it in the control panel under language and keyboard settings. Although that's Windows 7, idk about Vista.
Yes, I know how to do it in Windows 7 (ergo, "the other computer"). That's why Vista is stupid. :P

bada94

Quote from: "bada94"About the language pack, it's quite easy actually, it is already available, you just have to activate it in the control panel under language and keyboard settings. Although that's Windows 7, idk about Vista.
Yes, I know how to do it in Windows 7 (ergo, "the other computer"). That's why Vista is stupid. :P
I've had a Vista too so i know what you're going through lol
How many times have you had to reinstall Windows yet ?  :rollin:

stromboli

Welcome. On Vista? Managed to bypass that pain.

Johan

Quote from: "Hijiri Byakuren"A MIDI build is when you plug a MIDI into a program like FL Studio and use it like a song sheet.
Oye I'm way too old I guess. I have no idea what you're talking about. By plug a MIDI into a progame, I assume you mean insert a .mid song file into some kind of DAW software. But you lost me on the using it like a song sheet part. No worries though, like I said, I'm an old guy. I'm not supposed to understand what the kids are doing these days.  :wink:
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful