News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Anime Thread!

Started by Notthesun, July 03, 2013, 05:17:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackleaf

"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville

Mr.Obvious

At the lack of more 'kaguya sama: love is war' episodes, I've taken to reading the manga in full.
Currently at the sport's festival bit.

I can only, and must, fullheartedly recommend this manga.

It's hilarious.

It's wholesome.

It feeds the soul.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Cavebear

I'm watching Dragonball  Super Universe.  I'm guessing the winner recreates the losing universes.  I assume Goku, somehow.  But don't give spoilers. 
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Blackleaf

Quote from: Cavebear on May 26, 2019, 08:09:53 AM
I'm watching Dragonball  Super Universe.  I'm guessing the winner recreates the losing universes.  I assume Goku, somehow.  But don't give spoilers.

Sailor Moon punches Thanos in the face and steals his Infinity Gauntlet, using the Time Stone to travel back in time and defeat All-Might, becoming the world's number one hero. This is after the Demon Realm breaks out, of course, and Goku makes a deal with the devil to become the world's strongest Super Saiyan Demon God Super Saiyan x20 Kaioken.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville

trdsf

Quote from: Blackleaf on May 26, 2019, 12:12:40 PM
Sailor Moon punches Thanos in the face and steals his Infinity Gauntlet, using the Time Stone to travel back in time and defeat All-Might, becoming the world's number one hero. This is after the Demon Realm breaks out, of course, and Goku makes a deal with the devil to become the world's strongest Super Saiyan Demon God Super Saiyan x20 Kaioken.
*shudder*  You put the two anime I hate the most in the same thought.  You are an extremely evil entity; please excuse me while I commence drinking to forget.  ;)
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Blackleaf

Quote from: trdsf on May 26, 2019, 12:43:49 PM
*shudder*  You put the two anime I hate the most in the same thought.  You are an extremely evil entity; please excuse me while I commence drinking to forget.  ;)

We're both going to Hell. Might as well make the most of it. lol
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville

Cavebear

Quote from: trdsf on May 26, 2019, 12:43:49 PM
*shudder*  You put the two anime I hate the most in the same thought.  You are an extremely evil entity; please excuse me while I commence drinking to forget.  ;)

Bottoms Up!
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Cavebear

#487
Quote from: Blackleaf on May 26, 2019, 12:12:40 PM
Sailor Moon punches Thanos in the face and steals his Infinity Gauntlet, using the Time Stone to travel back in time and defeat All-Might, becoming the world's number one hero. This is after the Demon Realm breaks out, of course, and Goku makes a deal with the devil to become the world's strongest Super Saiyan Demon God Super Saiyan x20 Kaioken.

I didn't "get" your post on first reading, but, LOL!  Good One.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Cavebear

Quote from: trdsf on May 26, 2019, 12:43:49 PM
*shudder*  You put the two anime I hate the most in the same thought.  You are an extremely evil entity; please excuse me while I commence drinking to forget.  ;)

Cheers!  Drinking only moderate amounts of wine...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Hydra009

https://youtu.be/KfznTm8mJA4

Future Diary (Mirai Nikki)

Such a good series, I can't believe I never knew about this sooner.

The premise is pretty wild:  it's like Deathnote combined with a battle royale.  Except their magical item tells the competitors about future events, allowing for a battle of wits as well as brawn.  There are plenty twists of fate, so it did a decent job of keeping me on my toes.

The first three episodes are absolutely nuts, and it just gets deeper and darker from there.

I had to take a breather after one particularly brutal wham episode, that's how emotional it can get.

The show does kinda sag in the middle, but its breakneck opening and deeply moving ending more than make up for it.

Cavebear

Quote from: Hydra009 on August 29, 2019, 10:03:21 AM
https://youtu.be/KfznTm8mJA4

Future Diary (Mirai Nikki)

Such a good series, I can't believe I never knew about this sooner.

The premise is pretty wild:  it's like Deathnote combined with a battle royale.  Except their magical item tells the competitors about future events, allowing for a battle of wits as well as brawn.  There are plenty twists of fate, so it did a decent job of keeping me on my toes.

The first three episodes are absolutely nuts, and it just gets deeper and darker from there.

I had to take a breather after one particularly brutal wham episode, that's how emotional it can get.

The show does kinda sag in the middle, but its breakneck opening and deeply moving ending more than make up for it.

I'm not familiar with it, but "Future Diary" is a great concept.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Cavebear

Saw the movie 'Ghost In The Shell' and didn't like it.  The costume was just too much like nude and I didn't see the point in that. 
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Hydra009

#492
Quote from: Cavebear on August 31, 2019, 01:59:14 AM
I'm not familiar with it, but "Future Diary" is a great concept.
It really is.  Unfortunately, they didn't go quite as far down that road as I wanted them to.

I can't get into details without spoiling things, but the diary stuff gets much more complicated over time (much like death note) and the show devotes more and more focus on wild setpieces and character relationships than mano-a-mano dueling.

The scenarios get increasingly wild.  A reviewer described it as a trainwreck you just can't look away from.  I'm tempted to agree.

Suffice it to say that the ending episodes don't much resemble the early episodes (that's not necessarily bad, depending on what you're into)

Blackleaf

#493
Just found the Powerpuff Girls Z anime on YouTube. It's...uh...interesting. It's not exactly a faithful adaptation, changing the backstories and powers of all of the characters. The PPGs are no longer kindergartners, nor were they created by Professor Plutonium. They're just random normal girls who happen to get hit by...Z rays. The animation quality is pretty poor, but they at least try to translate the goofy tone of the original show. I saw one episode of it, but I don't know if I'm interested enough to watch more of it.

https://youtu.be/ws4GlHbx7n4

I do like the idea of giving the PPGs weapons, though. The giant bubble wand for Bubbles seems fitting.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville

Mr.Obvious

Just going to add once more, kaguya sama: love is war, is just incredibly funny.

And the manga, New chapter came out today, never dissapointdd.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.