Sudden, shocking revelations and cognitions.

Started by Gawdzilla Sama, January 28, 2024, 09:09:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gawdzilla Sama

I just realized that Lady Gaga is a parody of Lady Gaga.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

the_antithesis

I haven't engaged with popular culture since the turn of the millenium. It's kind of funny. They post celebrity birthdays and I have no idea who any of these people are or what they're allegedly famous for.

So, what's a Laddie Goga?

Gawdzilla Sama

PZ Myers

the_antithesis

And let's keep it that way.

Bad enough I know who Elliot Gould is.

Unbeliever

That name rings a bell, but I don't think I know who it is. 🤔
God Not Found

the_antithesis

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Unbeliever on January 28, 2024, 04:11:26 PMThat name rings a bell, but I don't think I know who it is. 🤔
It's the bell ringer with no arms. His face rings a bell.
PZ Myers

Unbeliever

Quote from: the_antithesis on January 28, 2024, 04:51:03 PMI have a hunch he played Quasimodo.
I remember Mandy Patinkin playing Quasimodo, and he did a great job!
God Not Found

Unbeliever

OK, now that I've googled Elliott Gould, I see that he played Trapper John McIntyre in the M.A.S.H movie. I didn't see the movie, but I greatly enjoyed the TV series.
God Not Found

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Unbeliever on January 28, 2024, 05:52:30 PMOK, now that I've googled Elliott Gould, I see that he played Trapper John McIntyre in the M.A.S.H movie. I didn't see the movie, but I greatly enjoyed the TV series.
The TV series didn't have "Trapper" because it sounded like an accusation of molestation up to and possibly including rape.

I saw three episodes of the original series, one each year, in reruns, when I came home on leave.
PZ Myers

the_antithesis

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on January 28, 2024, 05:56:45 PMThe TV series didn't have "Trapper" because it sounded like an accusation of molestation up to and possibly including rape.

What the hell are you talking about? Not only did the TV series have Wayne Rogers as "Trapper" John McIntyre, but there was a spin-off show set in the then-present day called Trapper John, MD starring Pernell Roberts.

I mean, They even had Oliver Harmon "Spearchucker" Jones in the first season. I don't think they were particularly sensitive about... anything.

Gawdzilla Sama

Yeah, I crossed some wires somewhere. Been a few decades since I saw those epis. Didn't find a field hospital all that funny.
PZ Myers

the_antithesis

I did find this, so I guess it's true.

" His nickname comes from an incident in which he was caught having sex with a woman in the lavatory aboard a Boston & Maine Railway train: she claimed in her defense that "he trapped me!" "

Sounds like, but I can't be sure, that the incident was consensual but she made the claim when they were caught. This says shitty things about society whether my take is true or false.