Sudden, shocking revelations and cognitions.

Started by Gawdzilla Sama, January 28, 2024, 09:09:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Cassia

I liked Eliot Gould's movie characters. There are so many great character actors from 60-80s who I know their faces but can't recall their names anymore. "You know, that guy !"

Cassia

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on January 28, 2024, 06:51:26 PMYeah, I crossed some wires somewhere. Been a few decades since I saw those epis. Didn't find a field hospital all that funny.
My father was waiting for treatment for shrapnel wounds in a MASH in Korea and somehow a Mamushi snake got on his stretcher bit him. Luckily, he was already in the MASH, LOL. After all that they sent him back to the front.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Cassia on January 28, 2024, 09:29:34 PMThere are so many great character actors from 60-80s who I know their faces but can't recall their names anymore. "You know, that guy !"
That's why I love Google, when I see someone in a movie whose face I know but can't remember their name or what they've been in I can find out without much trouble.
Like yesterday, I was watching the 1997 version of The Love Bug, and there was a guy I recognized but couldn't recall his name. Turned out it was Dean Jones.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Gawdzilla Sama

Same here. "Who the fuck is that guy?"
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

aitm

Quote from: Unbeliever on January 28, 2024, 11:10:07 PMTurned out it was Dean Jones.
Ah yes. Disney had him and Suzannne Pleshette in a boatload of family movies.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

the_antithesis

Quote from: Unbeliever on January 28, 2024, 11:10:07 PMTurned out it was Dean Jones.

From the Love Bug?

Sometimes these cameos from the original movies go over your head. Like Wedge Antilles(Denis Lawson) in Rise of Skywalker. I realized that he was a cameo, but didn't recognize that old man.

Gawdzilla Sama

PZ Myers