News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

PostYourRantHere (I love a good RANT!)

Started by Cassia, January 09, 2024, 11:35:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cassia

I will kick off this steam-blowing post suppository. Post your rants, I wanna hear-em (cuz then I feel better, LOL).

I have been trying to "turn on" my piddly pension since October. They outsourced the administration to another firm that receives its snail mail at a different street address than the one where the phone people labor at. Somehow documents never show up.  I have paid 10,000 bills by mail in my life and never once did a payment get lost in the mail. Even worse, the document uploader is limited to tiny upload sizes and bandwidths that rival the dial-up days. When a doc upload gets interrupted, the function becomes unavailable forever. Little hourglass just spins and spins, even after a reboot. It is 10 minutes minimum to get a real person on the phone. I reported the bug, and they apologize for the inconvenience. My SS number and bank account info are out floating in the ether somewhere. It's amazing how whenever you spend money, the process is as smooth a butter, but whenever you are supposed to get some, it is like pulling teeth. I will wear them down, I will go into hyper Karen-mode, dammit. I am, after all, entitled dammit!, LOL.

the_antithesis

The first season of the Dukes of Hazzard Saturday morning cartoon show had Bo and Luke, even though Coy and Vance were on the regular show. Then, when the replacements were kicked off the real show when the real Duke boys came back, they had a season of the cartoon with Coy and Vance. I remember this because it was weird, but as a child I knew that cartoons took a long time to make, so that was why the cartoon didn't match. I don't fucking care what it says on the DVD box. They're wrong! They are so fucking wrong! Fucking kids!

Cassia

Quote from: the_antithesis on January 09, 2024, 12:21:33 PMThe first season of the Dukes of Hazzard Saturday morning cartoon show had Bo and Luke, even though Coy and Vance were on the regular show. Then, when the replacements were kicked off the real show when the real Duke boys came back, they had a season of the cartoon with Coy and Vance. I remember this because it was weird, but as a child I knew that cartoons took a long time to make, so that was why the cartoon didn't match. I don't fucking care what it says on the DVD box. They're wrong! They are so fucking wrong! Fucking kids!
Gotta have a least one Cooter".

aitm

I don't have rants anymore. I have found within myself, the secret of control, the mind clearing essence of understanding the world around is full of fools and it is a mere annoyance that one simply looks upon with bemusement and a little sadness. That one must deal with the annoyance of adversity with a "it is what it is" attitude that frees the mind from the dullards that surround oneself....the zen of achievement...the pinnacle of calm and the purity of oneself free from the mundane and archaic self absorbness of "the rant".
Why just last night, after a wonderful filet with a lobster tail and perfectly roasted brussel sprouts, and couple rum and cokes, I left the restaurant to return to the hotel, and not knowing my way around this town found myself forced into a right hand only turn and there it was. The loathed traffic engineering ingenuity. To be forced to drive two miles to turn the fuck around to go across the mother fuckin street! Why? You fuckin cocksucking mother fucking cocksuckers do you do this? For fuck sake how the fuck hard can it be to put fucking double lane to cross over? Fuck the mother fuckers, they can get the fuck outa my fuckin way, you ignorant mother fuckin cocksuckers. I even thought of dropping the truck into 4WD and hit the fuckin 50' median filled with water and just slam across, scaring the fuck out of the oncoming traffic, jump that fuckin curb, spin the bitch 180 degrees and scatter the fuckers like cockroaches into the ditches as I would simply take over the lane and proceed to the fuckin hotel....but then realizing there would be the possibility the median was deeper than I would guess and that even my 4WD could possibly get stuck rendering me to wait for three fucking hours to get out and probably getting a ticket from the fuckin po-po and probably facing a bevy of questions as to how many rum and cokes I had, I decided to continue the mad, insipid, brainless twits plan of forcing me to drive three miles to get a fuckin across the motherfucking cocksuckin road! So I fuckin did ass-twats, you ass fuckers. Got back to the hotel and grabbed another drink and realized I left my credit card at the restaurant. Ahhh! Motherfuckingcocksuckingpricklickingmotherfuckingassholes......

And that is how I maintain my aloofness and maintain my composure amidst the mass of stupidity that surrounds us. Breath deep, the gathering gloom, watch lights fade from every room......
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Cassia

Quote from: aitm on January 10, 2024, 09:29:23 AMI don't have rants anymore. I have found within myself, the secret of control, the mind clearing essence of understanding the world around is full of fools and it is a mere annoyance that one simply looks upon with bemusement and a little sadness. That one must deal with the annoyance of adversity with a "it is what it is" attitude that frees the mind from the dullards that surround oneself....the zen of achievement...the pinnacle of calm and the purity of oneself free from the mundane and archaic self absorbness of "the rant".
Why just last night, after a wonderful filet with a lobster tail and perfectly roasted brussel sprouts, and couple rum and cokes, I left the restaurant to return to the hotel, and not knowing my way around this town found myself forced into a right hand only turn and there it was. The loathed traffic engineering ingenuity. To be forced to drive two miles to turn the fuck around to go across the mother fuckin street! Why? You fuckin cocksucking mother fucking cocksuckers do you do this? For fuck sake how the fuck hard can it be to put fucking double lane to cross over? Fuck the mother fuckers, they can get the fuck outa my fuckin way, you ignorant mother fuckin cocksuckers. I even thought of dropping the truck into 4WD and hit the fuckin 50' median filled with water and just slam across, scaring the fuck out of the oncoming traffic, jump that fuckin curb, spin the bitch 180 degrees and scatter the fuckers like cockroaches into the ditches as I would simply take over the lane and proceed to the fuckin hotel....but then realizing there would be the possibility the median was deeper than I would guess and that even my 4WD could possibly get stuck rendering me to wait for three fucking hours to get out and probably getting a ticket from the fuckin po-po and probably facing a bevy of questions as to how many rum and cokes I had, I decided to continue the mad, insipid, brainless twits plan of forcing me to drive three miles to get a fuckin across the motherfucking cocksuckin road! So I fuckin did ass-twats, you ass fuckers. Got back to the hotel and grabbed another drink and realized I left my credit card at the restaurant. Ahhh! Motherfuckingcocksuckingpricklickingmotherfuckingassholes......

And that is how I maintain my aloofness and maintain my composure amidst the mass of stupidity that surrounds us. Breath deep, the gathering gloom, watch lights fade from every room......
Now that is a proper rant. I would bet that the road system design process is a massive committee effort with all sorts of craziness that I can only imagine. With traffic counters and all sorts of simulation software there is just no technical excuse. The surf and turf, however...now that sounds great!

Luther Martini

Quote from: aitm on January 10, 2024, 09:29:23 AMI don't have rants anymore. I have found within myself, the secret of control, the mind clearing essence of understanding the world around is full of fools and it is a mere annoyance that one simply looks upon with bemusement and a little sadness. That one must deal with the annoyance of adversity with a "it is what it is" attitude that frees the mind from the dullards that surround oneself....the zen of achievement...the pinnacle of calm and the purity of oneself free from the mundane and archaic self absorbness of "the rant".

That is the best fucking rant that I have ever fucking read, anyfuckingwhere!

.... OM

Nopejustnotinterested

Here's my rant:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DebateAVegan/comments/qkv631/this_absurd_antivegan_stance_and_its_implications/

https://www.reddit.com/r/vegan/comments/11gbk07/vegan_propaganda/

https://www.reddit.com/r/veganuk/comments/y6k3b0/a_lot_of_antivegan_propaganda_out_there_currently/

https://www.reddit.com/r/vegan/comments/ztn3xs/family_members_reading_anti_vegan_propaganda/

I am really sick and tired of the hypocrisy going on in the vegan community, claiming that anti-veganism or even non-veganism is "propaganda" or an "agenda", yet when someone calls out the vegan community as such, they will act oblivious and go on to believe that the Omni's and carnists (as they love to call them) are just plain delusional and unethical crybabies who get "easily offended" over a person who refuses to eat meat.

I'm also sick and tired of people saying veganism is a lifestyle, when in reality it's just a stupid trend. Now I'm not saying that no one should go vegan, in fact I might encourage some people to actually go vegan, but not for the reasons many would love to claim. Instead I'll say if it makes one person feel healthier or if their body functions poorly due to consumption of animal products, by all means I'll let them do it.

My case on the other hand, is quite different. I struggle with Avoidant Restrictive Food Intake Disorder (or ARFID for short) and veganism is not an option for me. My body simply cannot tolerate most vegetables I put in my body, and as a baby and toddler, I threw up A LOT shortly after eating them.

I'm slightly more tolerant to meat products. Hell no, I don't gorge on it quickly like a gremlin, so stop asking! And when I say slightly more tolerant, I mean I can still be fussy about my meat as well. For example, I'll only eat certain kinds, like fish is what I'm the most tolerant for, followed by chicken. I'll also eat burgers, but only certain kinds, as I cannot stand any other foods, especially the GODDAMN SAUCE touching my meat!

I will not eat steak, it's way too hard for me to chew anyway because it's way too fucking thick! I won't eat turkey either since it gets cold easily and dries up every time you warm it up. Pork roast, ugh, nasty, more like a slop bucket! Lamb chop, also gross. Frog legs, ick, get away from me, frogs are disgusting anyway (it's an American tradition, and I HATE it, I will never understand my fellow culture)!

You get what I'm saying. In short, I cannot stand the vegan movement, there's hardly ever been a vegan I've personally met that's actually nice. Absolutely condescending and judgmental, and yet they say they're the ones who are oppressed. Maybe for some vegans I can understand, but the entire community? Fuck no! I'm not buying it!

Cassia

Quote from: Nopejustnotinterested on January 23, 2024, 11:23:13 AMHere's my rant:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DebateAVegan/comments/qkv631/this_absurd_antivegan_stance_and_its_implications/

https://www.reddit.com/r/vegan/comments/11gbk07/vegan_propaganda/

https://www.reddit.com/r/veganuk/comments/y6k3b0/a_lot_of_antivegan_propaganda_out_there_currently/

https://www.reddit.com/r/vegan/comments/ztn3xs/family_members_reading_anti_vegan_propaganda/

I am really sick and tired of the hypocrisy going on in the vegan community, claiming that anti-veganism or even non-veganism is "propaganda" or an "agenda", yet when someone calls out the vegan community as such, they will act oblivious and go on to believe that the Omni's and carnists (as they love to call them) are just plain delusional and unethical crybabies who get "easily offended" over a person who refuses to eat meat.

I'm also sick and tired of people saying veganism is a lifestyle, when in reality it's just a stupid trend. Now I'm not saying that no one should go vegan, in fact I might encourage some people to actually go vegan, but not for the reasons many would love to claim. Instead I'll say if it makes one person feel healthier or if their body functions poorly due to consumption of animal products, by all means I'll let them do it.

My case on the other hand, is quite different. I struggle with Avoidant Restrictive Food Intake Disorder (or ARFID for short) and veganism is not an option for me. My body simply cannot tolerate most vegetables I put in my body, and as a baby and toddler, I threw up A LOT shortly after eating them.

I'm slightly more tolerant to meat products. Hell no, I don't gorge on it quickly like a gremlin, so stop asking! And when I say slightly more tolerant, I mean I can still be fussy about my meat as well. For example, I'll only eat certain kinds, like fish is what I'm the most tolerant for, followed by chicken. I'll also eat burgers, but only certain kinds, as I cannot stand any other foods, especially the GODDAMN SAUCE touching my meat!

I will not eat steak, it's way too hard for me to chew anyway because it's way too fucking thick! I won't eat turkey either since it gets cold easily and dries up every time you warm it up. Pork roast, ugh, nasty, more like a slop bucket! Lamb chop, also gross. Frog legs, ick, get away from me, frogs are disgusting anyway (it's an American tradition, and I HATE it, I will never understand my fellow culture)!

You get what I'm saying. In short, I cannot stand the vegan movement, there's hardly ever been a vegan I've personally met that's actually nice. Absolutely condescending and judgmental, and yet they say they're the ones who are oppressed. Maybe for some vegans I can understand, but the entire community? Fuck no! I'm not buying it!

I have met a few intolerable vegans in my day and have gotten the evil stare a few times as well. While I don't eat meat or dairy every day, I will whenever I want to. I was reeling in holy-fuck-pain from a kidney stone that needed surgery last year and then was given a list of veggies/nuts/grains that I should mostly avoid, plus salt. So, while I think most vegans do have good intentions, they should keep their religion-like diets to themselves.

Gawdzilla Sama

Why the fuck do people like RECORDINGS of live performances?
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Unbeliever

Good question, GS, I prefer studio recordings over live performances.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Nopejustnotinterested

Is it alright if I do another rant for today? Ok, this next one involves my horrible experience in another forum with an idiotic and entitled moderator:

I was wanting to have a PM (private message) with someone in the forum, and instead of listening to me, she kept telling me to go somewhere else. First she told me to go message on private forums, I told her I did not want to because I want to avoid drama from trolls, then another PM later, despite her being ok for her sending PM's to me, complained that I shouldn't be sending PM's to her because it "fills her inbox" and wants me to instead post on blogs.

I said, no that's not what I want, I want a one-on-one PM, nothing more nothing less. Then since she wasn't listening to me, I made a thread in one of the sections venting over how she fails to understand me, then she had the potential to STALK me in that very same thread and this is what she said:

"Seriously? This is very inappropriate, especially as you said you want to avoid drama. In fact, this could legitimately be considered a trolling post. What you've been sending via pm is not any different from your posts, still the same theme and in all honesty, talking at someone instead of with is also inappropriate. PM are between TWO people, not one inundating another. Both get to choose to engage or not. I chose not as is my right.

Later, I will likely delete this thread."

Can you believe it? She got offended because she was hearing from someone else indirectly calling her on out on her hypocrisy. She was ALWAYS giving me suggestions so that she won't have to do her job in deleting her PM's, so I told her that she should've just deleted her PM's so she'll save room. Then if THAT isn't bad enough, she gave me another cruel message in my PM:

"I do or it would have been overflowed constantly. In all honesty, think about it. Why would I be interested in listening to you rant constantly? I know you're angry and need to express.

But I am dealing with a lot of stuff of my own and don't really have the energy to have all that focused solely on me. You can do as you wish, I can't stop you. but I may just end up eventually deleting your pm's without reading them. I was trying politely to encourage you to post in a very safe place where those who are interested would listen. At present, we've only a few active old members, all of them irl friends of mine, all caring hsp.

Please stop focusing your anger on me then telling me what I should do. And I don't get how posting in a blog is stirring up drama in any way different than focusing your stuff on me."

There we go again with MORE HYPOCRISY! She started playing victim by claiming I am the one who is stirring up drama and trying to tell her what to do, then she acts like her expectations of me are just "polite encouragements". Then she states she doesn't want to listen to me because apparently I'm doing nothing but trolling her, poor baby smh. Which is hilarious because SHE WAS THE ONE who sent me the first PM in this forum to begin with! She gets angry when I message her but she is totally fine with her messaging me because apparently it's not the same. And yet she STILL complains over her inbox.

It's all the more ironic considering the fact that she was one of the people who thought bringing up PM's was a good idea, noting that she's one of the people in charge of the forum. She claims that she doesn't my energy focused on her yet she BOTHERS to harass me several times! I'm getting the feeling it's easier for her to project, make up lousy excuses, and blame her own problems onto other people instead of embracing them. I wouldn't be surprised if she was an actual troll herself.

I am so angry I want to block her, but unfortunately I couldn't find the option. It's so infuriating how she states that she is supportive yet acts like a selfish and hypocritical bitch who twists everything and projects everything against other people who have specific needs of their own.

I'm done dealing with her! She's been nothing but rude, entitled, snotty, ignorant and a massive hypocrite to me. Vent over.

edit: she then harassed me with another PM giving me a warning that I should not be "trolling other people" several days later. See, she is an absolute hypocrite! She doesn't want people sending her messages yet she's ok with doing the same to them.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Unbeliever on January 23, 2024, 07:28:08 PMGood question, GS, I prefer studio recordings over live performances.
I've been to concerts on four continents, loved the live music. But the recording equipment, such that I've heard, aren't that good without the controlled audio environment of a studio. We might as well be listening to a cell phone recording of the concert.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Nopejustnotinterested

I hope you don't mind as I have another rant I want to discuss over. This one might not seem like much, but I'll try to make sense into this one:

I stumbled upon a heartbreaking news article about a married man killing his sister after confusing her first menstrual cycle to be an affair, it took place in India. One person tried to justify it by stating it's an "honor killing" and when one woman called her out on it, other people started making accusations against her, claiming she's illogical and racist. Here's how the conversation went:

Original commenter: "even without the obvious idiocy in here... in india your brother tortures and kills you for "cheating" on him... fucking india man"

Replier 1: "I read it as more of an honor killing. I don't think he was having a relationship with his sister, but he didn't want his sister having a relationship with anyone until the family had arranged a marriage."

OC: "but how is being possessive of others sexual life different than doing the same over cheating? even if it was bullshit and against a minor.. it is very much the same motivations as far as i can tell."

Replier 1: "Adding in the incestuous implication skews the message. The whole situation is borked but honor killing is still a very real problem in various parts of the world. Skewing the message in the context of a jealous lover kind of hides the fact that this girl likely could have been killed by any of her family for having a relationship, leaving the marriage they arrange, or otherwise dishonoring their family.

https://www.globalcitizen.org/en/content/honor-based-abuse-things-you-need-to-know/"

OC: "no.. i think you are too dedicated to categorizing things which are pretty much the same thing. the actual subject here is thinking you can own another persons body and choices. unless you want to go into how the two things are different in detail and one is not somehow as bad as the other... because it seems like you are trying to separate the two types of horrible things and... doing that serves what purpose? besides maybe you defending one of those types of things..."

Replier 2: "What?? Two terrible things aren't automatically the same because they're both terrible. And pointing out the objective difference in two terrible things does not mean a person is defending one of them. This is seriously one of the most bizarre, useless "arguments" I've ever seen."

Replier 3: (to Replier 2) "Judging by their other comments, it's because their "logic" is rooted at least partially in racist thinking." (to OC) "Nobody is saying one isn't as bad as the other. They are only saying they are different motivations, because they are. What is wrong with clarifying the situation? Why are you so intent on misinformation?"

OC: "you want others to be ok with whataboutism bullshit? yea ok, not how life works."

Replier 4: "That's like saying it's ok to call a murderer a rapist because they're both wrong."

OC: "no, that is hardly similar as much as you can say a person wearing a desert is the same as eating one since they both involve sugar. only a moron would make that sort of comparison. being possessive of other humans is a very specific thing...

edit: i get the feeling you are from india..."

Replier 3: "I don't think you even understand what you yourself are saying, much less with the person you're responding to is saying. Maybe go back to the beginning of this, and actually read their comments, and then read your own."

Replier 5: "...are you pulling a racism here?"

This bugs me as the majority of the repliers have no clue what they're saying and act like OC is using troll logic all because they fail to understand her point. It makes me sick that people can somehow justify any sort of murder because it's from a specific culture. I don't give a fuck if it's a cultural thing, it's still disgusting and a crime!

I don't get why they have to twist such logic and accuse OC of doing the same when all she's doing is making an explanation. Killing people for "honor" is not an excuse, it isn't acceptable regarding the enslavement of black people in America, and it sure isn't acceptable anywhere else!

Cassia

Quote from: Nopejustnotinterested on January 24, 2024, 07:26:27 AMI hope you don't mind as I have another rant I want to discuss over. This one might not seem like much, but I'll try to make sense into this one:

I stumbled upon a heartbreaking news article about a married man killing his sister after confusing her first menstrual cycle to be an affair, it took place in India. One person tried to justify it by stating it's an "honor killing" and when one woman called her out on it, other people started making accusations against her, claiming she's illogical and racist. Here's how the conversation went:

Original commenter: "even without the obvious idiocy in here... in india your brother tortures and kills you for "cheating" on him... fucking india man"

Replier 1: "I read it as more of an honor killing. I don't think he was having a relationship with his sister, but he didn't want his sister having a relationship with anyone until the family had arranged a marriage."

OC: "but how is being possessive of others sexual life different than doing the same over cheating? even if it was bullshit and against a minor.. it is very much the same motivations as far as i can tell."

Replier 1: "Adding in the incestuous implication skews the message. The whole situation is borked but honor killing is still a very real problem in various parts of the world. Skewing the message in the context of a jealous lover kind of hides the fact that this girl likely could have been killed by any of her family for having a relationship, leaving the marriage they arrange, or otherwise dishonoring their family.

https://www.globalcitizen.org/en/content/honor-based-abuse-things-you-need-to-know/"

OC: "no.. i think you are too dedicated to categorizing things which are pretty much the same thing. the actual subject here is thinking you can own another persons body and choices. unless you want to go into how the two things are different in detail and one is not somehow as bad as the other... because it seems like you are trying to separate the two types of horrible things and... doing that serves what purpose? besides maybe you defending one of those types of things..."

Replier 2: "What?? Two terrible things aren't automatically the same because they're both terrible. And pointing out the objective difference in two terrible things does not mean a person is defending one of them. This is seriously one of the most bizarre, useless "arguments" I've ever seen."

Replier 3: (to Replier 2) "Judging by their other comments, it's because their "logic" is rooted at least partially in racist thinking." (to OC) "Nobody is saying one isn't as bad as the other. They are only saying they are different motivations, because they are. What is wrong with clarifying the situation? Why are you so intent on misinformation?"

OC: "you want others to be ok with whataboutism bullshit? yea ok, not how life works."

Replier 4: "That's like saying it's ok to call a murderer a rapist because they're both wrong."

OC: "no, that is hardly similar as much as you can say a person wearing a desert is the same as eating one since they both involve sugar. only a moron would make that sort of comparison. being possessive of other humans is a very specific thing...

edit: i get the feeling you are from india..."

Replier 3: "I don't think you even understand what you yourself are saying, much less with the person you're responding to is saying. Maybe go back to the beginning of this, and actually read their comments, and then read your own."

Replier 5: "...are you pulling a racism here?"

This bugs me as the majority of the repliers have no clue what they're saying and act like OC is using troll logic all because they fail to understand her point. It makes me sick that people can somehow justify any sort of murder because it's from a specific culture. I don't give a fuck if it's a cultural thing, it's still disgusting and a crime!
https://www.atheistforums.com/index.php?topic=14935.new;topicseen#
I don't get why they have to twist such logic and accuse OC of doing the same when all she's doing is making an explanation. Killing people for "honor" is not an excuse, it isn't acceptable regarding the enslavement of black people in America, and it sure isn't acceptable anywhere else!
More than a few liberals have become so enamored of "culture" that basic human ethics and rights are overridden by cultural concerns. This kind of stuff just drives moderates to the right and inadvertently helps crazed conservatives win elections.

Nopejustnotinterested

Quote from: Cassia on January 24, 2024, 08:27:43 AMMore than a few liberals have become so enamored of "culture" that basic human ethics and rights are overridden by cultural concerns. This kind of stuff just drives moderates to the right and inadvertently helps crazed conservatives win elections.
Damn... that's scary.