Trump has been indicted in hush money scheme

Started by Hydra009, March 30, 2023, 08:48:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

That is one thing Russia gets right - obnoxious rich men mysteriously falling out of windows.

I'm not saying we could learn a thing or two, but... maybe give it a one-time test run, just to see if we like?

(I don't expect to see him in jail either, but to be fair he did screw the US government out of taxes and they even got Willy for that, and he's bloody Willy.)
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Cassia

There are no provisions in the Constitution regarding a presidential candidate's criminal history, meaning an individual who has been charged or convicted of a crime is not barred from holding the highest office in the nation.

His party would never nominate a convicted criminal. April Fools !

ferdmonger

Ten counts of obstruction of justice from the Mueller report allowed to languish on Garland's desk while the man is on tape telling the GA Secretary of State to 'find me 11,780 votes'.  It finally took 23 brave NY grand jurors to vote to indict this man.  Crazy, but overdue.

Hydra009

Meanwhile, MTG got heckled out of her I dunno, pro-crime rally.  I can't imagine why.  Oh, says here she compared NYC to Gotham (I guess the analogy works, they both have a crime boss clown) apparently unaware that Gotham is blatantly modeled on NYC.

Unbeliever

I thought Gotham was based on Chicago. 🤔
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Hydra009

Quote from: Unbeliever on April 04, 2023, 09:54:33 PMI thought Gotham was based on Chicago. 🤔
That's just a possible filming location.  Any suitably dense urban environment will do.

But the artistic inspiration is undoubtedly NYC.  The writer literally flipped through the NYC phone book and found "Gotham Jewelers" (Gotham is an old nickname for NYC)

Dark Lightning

Quote from: Hydra009 on April 04, 2023, 09:38:16 PM

Meanwhile, MTG got heckled out of her I dunno, pro-crime rally.  I can't imagine why.  Oh, says here she compared NYC to Gotham (I guess the analogy works, they both have a crime boss clown) apparently unaware that Gotham is blatantly modeled on NYC.
"Empty Gee" should just go back to her hovel in Georgia. You know, the one with the outside toilet and no running water.

Hydra009

I also don't try to threaten judges, cause that's a felony!

Hydra009

Trump Indicted Again

First, the 9/11 nutcase guy (famous for being famous) kicks the bucket, now the long arm of the law finally catches up to Mafia Don.  Today's been a pretty good day.

Unbeliever

To paraphrase Worf, today is a good day to dine! 🖖
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Hydra009

Comedy comes in threes:  Trump indicted again...again.

This time for "efforts to overturn 2020 election and block transfer of power" which is a VERY euphemistic way of saying that he tried to nullify your vote and mine, seize power, and install himself as some sort of dictator, ending American democracy.  Anyone with a shred of loyalty to either the Constitution specifically or the rule of law and democracy in general should be fucking livid about this.

I really didn't expect to have to update this thread all that much when I made it.  :(  On the plus side, Trump's PAC is nearly broke so congrats to all the dum-dums who poured their money into that bonfire.  Go ahead and buy NFTs, I dare ya.

SGOS

It still looks like Biden and Trump are neck and neck in the polls. It's hard to understand why Americans would even consider him as a viable president.

ferdmonger

The indictment just doesn't start out well at all for Donald does it:

"The defendant lost the 2020 election.  Despite having lost, the defendant was determined to remain in power.  So for more than two months following election day on November 3, 2020, the defendant spread lies that there had been outcome-determinative fraud in the election and that he had actually won.  These claims were false, and the Defendant knew they were false."

Then we get to the fun parts:

1) Conspiracy to Defraud the United States by fraud and obstruction...
2) Conspiracy to corruptly obstruct the Jan 6 hearings...   
3) Conspiracy to obstruct the right to vote and to have your vote counted...

Donnie is in a bit of trouble.  The best part of the whole 'witch hunt'?  All those republican witnesses.

Dark Lightning

Quote from: SGOS on August 01, 2023, 08:35:30 PMIt still looks like Biden and Trump are neck and neck in the polls. It's hard to understand why Americans would even consider him as a viable president.

Because there are that many assholes in the US? Many may be deceived assholes, but assholes nonetheless, who are armed.

Hydra009

Quote from: SGOS on August 01, 2023, 08:35:30 PMIt still looks like Biden and Trump are neck and neck in the polls.
Among other indictments, an indictment of the American educational system.