Trump has been indicted in hush money scheme

Started by Hydra009, March 30, 2023, 08:48:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ferdmonger

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-t7GNMlDb_I

Why is everybody always pickin' on me.  My apologies to The Coasters.

Cassia

Quote from: Hydra009 on August 01, 2023, 10:43:43 PMAmong other indictments, an indictment of the American educational system.
Pulling an "Animal House", LOL.

Mike Cl

All these charges against trump are great!  Except there is a good (or better) chance it will all come to naught.  Why?  Because the charges have taken over 2 years to be made and slam right into the 2024 election.  The Orange Monster is a masterful expert in the art of delay, delay, delay.  I can easily seeing all the trials being delayed  through the primaries and into and past the start of any trial.  Then the fact he is the new GOP candidate I can easily see the trials shut down until after the election.  In fact there is a good chance that even if all goes well in those trials and he is found guilty, that the final 'guilty' verdict will be 4 yrs in the future because of appeals.  And a person can be president even if in prison.  If he does win, that will be the end of our country for he will become a dictator until he dies. 

Irony of Ironies is that the 'Worlds Greatest Generation' has allowed and mostly funded trump's rise to power.  We  fought Germany in WWII and we are now on the verge of becoming 1939 Germany or worse.  (Apparently the retired are still trump's biggest supporters.) 

Is it possible Garland is complicit in allowing trump to have gone so long without being charged with ANY crime?  He's had over two years to do so--and don't tell me he was not aware of the import of the 2024 elections!!!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Shiranu

QuoteBecause the charges have taken over 2 years to be made and slam right into the 2024 election. 

Have they?

Legal cases take time - legal cases against mob bosses take even longer.

Now put a mob "boss" (fall guy who thinks he's in control) in control of the world's most powerful political institution and the necessity of thorough evidence to justify your case.

You don't make charges until you can prove them; otherwise you have only guaranteed the defendant walks away with no punishment.

If anything, it probably is slightly rushed - I would argue Trump and his legal team have probably cut a few years off of the case with their multiple admissions of guilty thoughts and actions.

I think it could really go 50/50 on who is at fault for it happening right now - but I trust Jack Smith to do his job. Strikes me as a man who takes it very seriously.

Edit - On a personal level I do agree though; it feels like they should have nailed him for at least some smaller crimes by now.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Mike Cl

Quote from: Shiranu on August 02, 2023, 08:31:06 PMHave they?

Legal cases take time - legal cases against mob bosses take even longer.

Now put a mob "boss" (fall guy who thinks he's in control) in control of the world's most powerful political institution and the necessity of thorough evidence to justify your case.

You don't make charges until you can prove them; otherwise you have only guaranteed the defendant walks away with no punishment.

If anything, it probably is slightly rushed - I would argue Trump and his legal team have probably cut a few years off of the case with their multiple admissions of guilty thoughts and actions.

I think it could really go 50/50 on who is at fault for it happening right now - but I trust Jack Smith to do his job. Strikes me as a man who takes it very seriously.
Clearly Jack Smith knows what he is doing and how to do it.  He could not have moved on his own. Garland could have moved as soon as he wanted to, so why did he wait for 2 years to start the process?  Why didn't Biden get the process moving faster?  He has had 50yrs of experience, surely he knew the dangers of letting trump regain power and he knew another election was not that far down the road. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Shiranu

The process has been on-going for years; the indictments indicate this - it goes back to at least the Jan. 6th committee, as these are the charges (+ an additional charge) that they directly adopted from the committee's recommendation to the DoJ.

The hearings weren't just for political show, and the Republicans apparently did a really good job of convincing people that it was just theater; I had fallen for it as well.

If there is one thing the Soviets were good at, it was making people question their own reality - Some kompromats seem to have had good teachers.

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Mike Cl

Quote from: Shiranu on August 02, 2023, 10:28:50 PMThe process has been on-going for years; the indictments indicate this - it goes back to at least the Jan. 6th committee, as these are the charges (+ an additional charge) that they directly adopted from the committee's recommendation to the DoJ.

The hearings weren't just for political show, and the Republicans apparently did a really good job of convincing people that it was just theater; I had fallen for it as well.

If there is one thing the Soviets were good at, it was making people question their own reality - Some kompromats seem to have had good teachers.

I see the Jan. 6th committee as essential (and a great format).  It presented the current history of the coup attempt and it got enough attention to act like a slap across the face of the DOJ--it woke up and then appointed Smith.  Otherwise we would still be wondering what the fuck the DOJ was doing (or not doing).

Cassia

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 03, 2023, 10:09:54 AMI see the Jan. 6th committee as essential (and a great format).  It presented the current history of the coup attempt and it got enough attention to act like a slap across the face of the DOJ--it woke up and then appointed Smith.  Otherwise we would still be wondering what the fuck the DOJ was doing (or not doing).
We have a history of going easy on white collar criminals, conspirators against the Union and traitors. Bob E Lee and Jeff Davis never even went to trial. Nixon got the pardon. Who know what Trump will get if found guilty on all charges. Probably limited to two rounds of 18 holes a week.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Cassia on August 03, 2023, 10:37:29 AMWe have a history of going easy on white collar criminals, conspirators against the Union and traitors. Bob E Lee and Jeff Davis never even went to trial. Nixon got the pardon. Who know what Trump will get if found guilty on all charges. Probably limited to two rounds of 18 holes a week.
True--and therein lies the problem.  If trump does not get prison he wins.  He will be re-elected and that will be the end of this country as we thought we knew it.  He will become a dictator and that will be that.

ferdmonger

This criminal blowhard won in 2016, and I did not think it possible. His base will vote for him of course, but now that the cat's out of the bag, I can't imagine this man ever getting near the presidency again. I so hope I'm right, because "I am your retribution" isn't exactly a uniting platform.

Dark Lightning

The chump "won" the election because of the Electoral College. He actually lost by millions of votes. People (including me) bitched about the allegations about Hilary mishandling classified information. What was ever found? And Comey got played with that, days before the election. I still voted for Hilary (holding my nose). Look what we got! Orders of magnitude worse.

ferdmonger

The thing I find most offensive is that this man is still walking free... free to spew more lies in light of the attempted overthrow of our democracy.   

Hydra009

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 03, 2023, 03:40:50 PMTrue--and therein lies the problem.  If trump does not get prison he wins.  He will be re-elected and that will be the end of this country as we thought we knew it.  He will become a dictator and that will be that.
He already stacked the courts.  That's a heavy blow to democracy right there.  Bad enough that we have openly corrupt Clarence Thomas on there, now we have two other clowns.  Who knows what sort of damage they'll do, but it'll long outlive Trump.

ferdmonger

"IF YOU GO AFTER ME, I'M COMING AFTER YOU!"

Nice truth social post.  So much for the judge's warning.  Lock this man up.