News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

What's the best place to visit in the USA?

Started by M, February 01, 2023, 01:30:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M

L

Unbeliever

I think you would love Yellowstone, in Wyoming. It's my favorite place of the places I've been.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

M

Quote from: Unbeliever on February 01, 2023, 01:33:30 PMI think you would love Yellowstone, in Wyoming. It's my favorite place of the places I've been.

G

Gawdzilla Sama

National Mall, Washington, DC.

Grand Canyon. This is "proof that the great flood is real, it's where the water drained away and cut that canyon!" Well, one side of the canyon is ~100 feet higher than the other, but whatever.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Unbeliever

God Not Found

Shiranu

New Mexico is still my favorite state I've been to, but you better like desert and "Old Western" movie terrain.

Colorado is absolutely beautiful, and I've never had one of my friends tell me something bad about the Seattle area.

Texas is an obligatory visit if you want to understand just how accurate American stereotypes both are and aren't; it's pretty much the United States on steroids & with it's own dash of individualism. Also, the food is the best in the nation and there are some pretty cool nature and historical sites.

Arkansas and South Carolina both under-rated and over-looked states as well.

Even this is painfully vague; New Mexico has White Sands national park, Chaco Canyon, Santa Fe/Albuquerque, Wind Croft and the ski resorts, desert mesas and the High Desert, the reservations... and it's one of the "smaller" states in terms of things to see and do.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

M

Quote from: Unbeliever on February 01, 2023, 04:44:27 PMJust don't go there right before it erupts...

W

M

It

GSOgymrat

M

Unbeliever

Quote from: ManUfan on February 01, 2023, 05:13:50 PMIt's funny. I've been looking for a while, the travel agents over here try to steer you towards Florida.

If you go to Florida, watch out for the alligators! 🐊
And you probably don't want to go during the summer.
God Not Found

Shiranu

Quote from: Unbeliever on February 01, 2023, 06:24:45 PMIf you go to Florida, watch out for the alligators! 🐊
And you probably don't want to go during the summer.
I cannot stress this enough - avoid Florida, and really anywhere in the South, from about late April to... as late as December sometimes.

39+ Celsius, 90%+ humidity... you are not going to have a good time half the days.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Gawdzilla Sama

Most of my hillbilly cousins are in Arkansas. Good enough reason to avoid it.

Carlsbad Caverns in New Mexico are worth a stop. Meteor Crater in New Mexico is a "holy shit". That black spot is not a building, it's a parking lot.

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Mike Cl

I have been across the country via car a few times.  Yosemite Valley is unique.  Beautiful scenery, waterfalls, world class climbing, camp grounds that are beautiful, a hotel or two (too expensive for me), tent cabins that are neat, Ansel Adams pictures everywhere, hiking trails everywhere, and even horseback riding. 

Personal highlights--Columbia River Gorge is also unique; it is east of Portland and stretches to Pendleton, the home of a major rodeo (which I hate) and the home of the Pendleton shirts.  Wind surfing on the river, rock climbing and hiking, beautiful country that changes from forest to high desert scenery and lots more. 

The Grand Canyon is worth a look if one has not seen it.  Flagstaff is an interesting town, which is not far from the canyon and features Pueblo ruins in several places near it, there are tons of hiking trails in the mountains and surrounding Indian ruins and canyons.  Can't go wrong with any of the suggestions given to you. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Unbeliever

It's amazing how many wonderful places there are in America!

Caddo Lake, on the Texas/Louisiana border, is beautiful, but it doesn't hold a candle to so many other great places America has to offer.
God Not Found