News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Transgender in women’s sports

Started by PopeyesPappy, March 01, 2023, 01:08:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M

Would a male figure skater measure up to a female with the judges?
I think not. You have nothing to go on as usual.

Shiranu

Quote from: M on March 05, 2023, 05:45:05 PMYou've been very selective as usual with your examples.

>"Here is one example that doesn't match average, therefor the average is wrong."
>"You are very selective as usual with your examples."

You wanna try that one again, buddy?
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: M on March 05, 2023, 05:45:05 PMFastest 100m by a male athlete.

Fastest 100m by a female

Both are world records but not worlds apart.

The difference need not be very large though. We are not the most sexualy dimorphic species on the planet. Nobody is claiming that.

What is more important, on the level of high grade competitive sports,  is that the difference is consistent. Which it does seem to be.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on March 05, 2023, 06:15:32 PMThe difference need not be very large though. We are not the most sexualy dimorphic species on the planet. Nobody is claiming that.

What is more important, on the level of high grade competitive sports,  is that the difference is consistent. Which it does seem to be.

I guess large is a matter of perspective. The difference between the men's and women's 100 meter is almost 10%. Which is what Shir said. The fastest man would complete the distance about 10 meters ahead of the fastest woman in the this event. That is a pretty big difference to me. That percentage is consistent through out most running events. It is even larger in jumping events at about 15%.

More telling is that athletic boys as young as 14 are faster and and can jump further than the women's world record holders. Post puberty males have a verafible physical advantage of females of any age.   
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.