News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Quotes

Started by Hoxha Cat, February 26, 2022, 12:42:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoxha Cat

“Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man living in the sky who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time!

But He loves you [...]” - George Carlin.

Mike Cl

Quote from: ProletarianBanner on February 26, 2022, 12:42:02 PM
“Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man living in the sky who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time!

But He loves you [...]” - George Carlin.
Never thought I'd give any of your posts a 'like'. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

drunkenshoe

Myeh...We've posted that quote dozens of times.  :beta: 
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

aitm

The gods are like women. Pick one and the rest hate you, pick none and they all love you.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Mr.Obvious

Life...is like a box of chocolates. A cheap, thoughtless, perfunctoral gift that no one ever asks for. Unreturnable because all you get back is another box of chocolates. So, you're stuck with mostly undefinable whipped mint crap, mindlessly wolfed down when there's nothing else to eat while you're watching the game. Sure, once in a while you get a peanut butter cup or an English toffee but it's gone too fast and the taste is fleeting. In the end, you're left with nothing but broken bits filled with hardened jelly and teeth shattering nuts, which if you are desperate enough to eat leaves nothing but an empty box of useless brown paper wrappers.
- cigarette smoking man, the x-files.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

the_antithesis

When the heart rules the mind, one look and love is blind. If you want the dream to last, take a chance. Forget the past.

Shiranu

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Mr.Obvious

QuoteYou know, studies show that keeping a ladder in the house is more dangerous than owning a gun. That's why I keep 10 loaded guns in the house... In case some maniac tries to sneak in a ladder.
- Stanley Pines, Mister Mystery.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Hoxha Cat

Quote from: aitm on February 26, 2022, 07:36:39 PM
The gods are like women. Pick one and the rest hate you, pick none and they all love you.
How fucking sexist.

Hoxha Cat

Quote from: Mike Cl on February 26, 2022, 05:50:28 PM
Never thought I'd give any of your posts a 'like'.
I'm still never thinking I'll give any of your posts a "like".

aitm

A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Mike Cl

Quote from: ProletarianBanner on February 27, 2022, 11:45:45 AM
I'm still never thinking I'll give any of your posts a "like".
Thank you.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

drunkenshoe

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

aitm