News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Trump Versus Biden

Started by Jason Harvestdancer, July 03, 2020, 09:46:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGOS

Carl HulseChief Washington correspondent
QuoteSo President Trump’s often chaotic relationship with Congress ends up with him urging his supporters to storm the Capitol. Lawmakers are going to have little appetite for entertaining these futile objections to the electors once order is restored.

Emily Cochrane
@ESCochrane
QuoteThere’s pounding on the chamber door. Guns are drawn by police officers. Those of us left are laying low on the floor of the gallery.

Cassia

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." We are there.

SGOS

Quote“As close to a coup attempt that this country has ever seen,” former Washington Police Chief Ramsey says on CNN.

Igor Bobic
@igorbobic
QuoteThey’re in the chamber. One is up on the dais yelling “Trump won that election!” This is insane

Maggie HabermanWhite House Correspondent

QuoteAs one of the president’s adult sons is calling for an end to the violence at the Capitol from Trump supporters, the president’s other adult son is tweeting how exciting it was to get happy birthday wishes from the rally crowd earlier.

Catie EdmondsonCongressional Correspondent

Quote“Several dozen” protesters are roaming through the Senate halls, yelling “Where are they,” likely referring to the members of Congress who opposed the gambit to overturn the election results, according to our colleagues there.

Maggie HabermanWhite House Correspondent

QuoteJust to update our readers â€" the Electoral College certification proceedings are still paused as chaos engulfs the Capitol. Trump encouraged his supporters at a nearby rally this morning to march to the complex. He had complained that he isn’t president after Jan. 20 unless someone made a change and called the system rigged. We don’t know where this is headed, but we are keeping a close eye on it.

Michael S. SchmidtWashington Correspondent

QuoteProtesters on the House side of the Capitol are chanting “U-S-A, U-S-A” and singing the national anthem. Police are barring a large door on the western side of the Capitol where Trump supporters are massed on the stairs, according to our colleagues.

Mark LeibovichChief National Correspondent
    Among nearly all Republicans who knew better, “humoring” became a more palatable way to describe their own passive approach to all this over four years. Their dialect was glib ignorance (“didn’t see the tweet”) and circular nonsense (“Trump’s going to do what Trump is going to do,” Senator Charles Grassley of Iowa said), but the effect was the same â€" complicity and capitulation. It became the price of admission to the party.

Michael S. SchmidtWashington Correspondent

QuoteSome Trump supporters outside the Capitol have children with them, and none appear to be wearing masks, our colleagues report.

PickelledEggs

"The party of law and order"

SGOS

One Republican speaker opposing the certification was speaking, and suddenly asked the house to restore order.  That's when congressmen were running out of the chamber.  I couldn't hear any commotion because he was speaking in a directional microphone, but that was the beginning of the riot as the building was being stormed.  The Chamber went into recess right then, and my feed was lost.

Free speech also calls for responsibility.  Words have power. I think Trump has lost his mind in a desperate power grab.  He should be impeached.

Draconic Aiur

I called it. A shit show.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: SGOS on January 06, 2021, 03:16:10 PM
... Free speech also calls for responsibility.  Words have power. I think Trump has lost his mind in a desperate power grab.  He should be impeached.

Or he has more to lose than just the elections when the dust settles? This is crazy. What are they thinking?

Thanks for the updates by the way.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

drunkenshoe

I've heard one death and that it is being taken under control. Any other news?

https://eksisozluk.com/img/87qq4cg2

https://eksisozluk.com/img/rx0oy1xj

https://eksisozluk.com/img/969m6rfi

https://eksisozluk.com/img/fui2gglw

E: Where is the National Guard?

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Mr.Obvious

I hoped it wouldn't be like this.
But what is to be expected, after four years of straight up poison?
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

SGOS

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on January 06, 2021, 03:53:15 PM
I hoped it wouldn't be like this.
But what is to be expected, after four years of straight up poison?
Expected, but still shocking to watch.  Of course, I've been in a smaller lead up state of shock ever since Trump became president.  So I'm not surprised, just shocked to see this.

drunkenshoe

Quote... Swarms of protesters roamed the halls, taking photos and breaking into offices. A man was smoking pot in a room where there were photos of mountains and maps of Oregon on the wall. A man put a framed photo of the Dalai Lama in his backpack. A man in a leather jacket ripped a scroll with Chinese characters. ...

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2021/01/06/us/washington-dc-protests

Baruch

Quote from: Cassia on January 06, 2021, 02:58:22 PM
"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." We are there.

When communism comes to America, it will be speaking Chinese ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on January 06, 2021, 01:25:24 PM
I dunno.  It seems to be working okay for literally every other Western country but us, where who we pick and who gets elected aren't always the same person.

Yes, China is the model we must follow, Han Master Race.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on January 06, 2021, 01:34:23 PM
Meanwhile, Pence and Pelosi are officially counting the electoral votes and predictably, the Republicans objected to Arizona's vote.  Republicans are pushing for Russian-style sham elections in a last desperate bid to stay in power.  Shameful.

Dems calling for free fentanyl in memory of George Floyd.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on January 06, 2021, 02:34:00 PM
Those damn liberals are rioting in D.C!

Oh, wait, it's just Trumples, so it's all good. Those patriots'll set things right...

Too bad there are only 2 or 3 people (like Trump inauguration crowd).  Remember, if the news isn't from Beijing, it is false news ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.