News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Trump Versus Biden

Started by Jason Harvestdancer, July 03, 2020, 09:46:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Baruch on December 16, 2020, 10:26:04 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if you are part of a anti-male cult ;-)  So many harridans are like that today.  "I avoided Catholicism, Islam etc because I joined a flying saucer cult".

Pffft. Happy Hanukkah by the way.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Baruch

"The year when the global capitalist ruling classes did away with the illusion of democracy and reminded everyone who is actually in charge, and exactly what happens when anyone challenges them..." .. the Elite are not partisan, just pro-Elite

Validation date for EC is Jan 6, and inauguration is Jan 20.  Will Joe and Kamala still be out of jail, still be alive?  Stay tuned!

PS .. Dec 18, tomorrow, is when intelligence regarding foreign interference in the election has to be reported to the President.  EO 2018 says if there is foreign interference with a national election, the President has authority to suspend the process.  Who knows if we will ever see the contents.  We still haven't seen the truth about the 1960s assassinations or 9/11.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Quote from: drunkenshoe on December 16, 2020, 10:29:33 AM
Pffft. Happy Hanukkah by the way.

Did y'all hear Smoky Robinson province it "cha-noo-ka"?

:-D
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Shiranu

Neo-liberals don't deserve rights.

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hydra009

An analogy I've sometimes used:

Imagine two medieval serfs toiling in muck and filth, living lives of utmost squalor.  One laments this hellish system.  The other one fantasies about how great it would be if the cruel overlord were a different race/gender.

SGOS

Race or gender makes no difference to me.  Politicians just need to have integrity and be fair.

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on December 18, 2020, 03:32:07 AM
Race or gender makes no difference to me.  Politicians just need to have integrity and be fair.

Still holding your breath, while being waterboarded at Guantanamo?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Blackleaf

Quote from: Hydra009 on December 18, 2020, 02:32:37 AM
An analogy I've sometimes used:

Imagine two medieval serfs toiling in muck and filth, living lives of utmost squalor.  One laments this hellish system.  The other one fantasies about how great it would be if the cruel overlord were a different race/gender.

Criticizing the hypocrisy of Democrats? I, who sees everyone as only being of one of two extremes, must now conclude that you are a Conservative! [/sarc]
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Baruch

Quote from: Blackleaf on December 18, 2020, 10:59:36 AM
Criticizing the hypocrisy of Democrats? I, who sees everyone as only being of one of two extremes, must now conclude that you are a Conservative! [/sarc]

Everyone is a liar.  So hypocrisy is so ... yawn.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Quote from: Blackleaf on December 18, 2020, 10:59:36 AM
Not so much hypocrisy as a reliance on shallow, feel-good identity politics over substantive policy reform.

And yeah, I have plenty of criticisms of the DNC, Dem candidates/appointees, and even a small segment of liberal voters (for example, the ones who legit wanted Oprah to run for prez)

But to hear it from the few conservatives here, I have some sort of cultish devotion to Pelosi and the Democrats and that they can do no wrong in my eyes.  I figured out long ago that this was just projection and that they struggle to understand someone who doesn't operate like they do.

Baruch

It is BSing you, to say you are Trump's butt buddy or Biden's official sniffer (like food taster).  Can't take the BS?  Stay out of politics.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Biden nominates Haaland for Secretary of the Interior

Given the Trump administration's prolific history of rolling back environmental protections and opening up public lands to commercial exploitation, she certainly has her work cut out for her.

QuoteUnder the Trump administration, the current and former Interior secretaries, David Bernhardt and Ryan Zinke, have used the agency to make it easier to mine and drill on public lands, while also weakening protections on endangered species. Just this week, the Interior Department finalized two rules that limit protections to animals and plants under the Endangered Species Act.
Even just a few days ago, the Trump administration failed to list the monarch butterfly as threatened even though it absolutely is because of "limited resources".  Plenty of funds for the military, corporate bailouts, and tax cuts for the rich though. 

Shiranu

Quote from: Hydra009 on December 18, 2020, 04:01:20 PM
Biden nominates Haaland for Secretary of the Interior

Given the Trump administration's prolific history of rolling back environmental protections and opening up public lands to commercial exploitation, she certainly has her work cut out for her.
Even just a few days ago, the Trump administration failed to list the monarch butterfly as threatened even though it absolutely is because of "limited resources".  Plenty of funds for the military, corporate bailouts, and tax cuts for the rich though. 

She's one of the few candidates he has nominated that I'm actually generally excited about, even though once again she is a candidate with no experience in the field she is nominated for (which him consistently nominating unqualified candidates has been really rubbing me the wrong way).

If she has the support of the tribes, I am willing to give some leeway. As long as she surrounds herself with actual experts I think she is a good choice.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hydra009

At this stage, I'd be happy with a CVS cashier.  Seriously, Brenda would be a better pick than who we have currently.

As long as they aren't an industry shill, malcompetent (not just incompetent, but actively trying to do the worst job possible), a family member, or have some sort of horrible screw-up in their past, it's a step up.

Baruch

So all of the former Obama Deep State and Wall Street people are so .. communist?  Bernie Bros must smoke some good weed ;-)

It ain't over until it is over ... after 2020, can anyone claim that the unexpected can't happen?  Hmmm?

I will believe Joe Biden is President Elect on Jan 20, 2021, maybe, if his Chinese handlers will let him out of their sight.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.