News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Trump Versus Biden

Started by Jason Harvestdancer, July 03, 2020, 09:46:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackleaf

Quote from: Jason Harvestdancer on December 11, 2020, 09:19:58 AM
It’s been estimated that 93% of all Fox watchers are Republicans and 95% of MSNBC watchers are Democrats. Since neither side watches the other’s news programs, each side is cognizant of only its own team’s heavily slanted rhetoric.

Citation needed. And another relevant question: How many people still actually watch the news? I barely ever watch TV at all these days. I'll turn on Comedy Central for some South Park, but I prefer YouTube and leeching off of my parents' streaming services. lol

Also, which side do people in the middle prefer? How many Democrats also watch Fox News? How many Republicans watch MSNBC? All you've got is which one each extreme prefers, assuming you didn't pull those numbers out of nowhere in the first place. You're painting a very incomplete picture here.

Quote from: Jason Harvestdancer on December 11, 2020, 09:19:58 AMThe conservative media is awash with details of voter fraud by Democrats, whilst the liberal media states with equal conviction that Mister Trump and his lawyers have provided no details whatever.

Therefore, those who voted Republican will conclude by watching their own “unbiased” news channel that Democrats have tried to steal the election and thereby steal control of the country.

And those who voted Democrat will conclude by watching their own “unbiased” news channel that Republicans have tried to steal the election and thereby steal control of the country.

Yes. One side pushes the idea that hundreds of millions of votes were faked to simultaneously make Biden President, while also losing the Democrats House seats for...some reason. And the other quotes the exact conversations happening in courts as judges throw out Trump's lawyer's cases, such as the hilarious "non-zero chance" quote. And as someone who is totally not on either side, you can tell which one is telling the truth, can't you? You wouldn't just assume that because Leftists prefer a certain media source over others that that media source is automatically untrustworthy, would you? That would be a gigantic leap in logic, and you wouldn't do that.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Baruch

Alternative media = pure evil
NYT = employer of Karl Marx back in the day

CNN = most trusted news source of all time
Biden = most votes gained by any Presidential candidate of all time (actually Rosemary's Baby)

Verification?  Biden said in October of this year, on video ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGRnhBmHYN0

Dems are psychos, like Italian or German voters in 1920s - 1930s.  Dems supported this guy ... a noted nationalist and former post card painter ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJ3N_2r6R-o

Dems supported racist Hitler (for some strange reason) ... but today they support ... a noted communist and former pig farmer ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lnm7NoilIMQ

This was on the occasion of his declaring himself Emperor of China (like Mao, no more elections).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cassia

Quote from: Jason Harvestdancer on December 11, 2020, 09:19:58 AM
It’s been estimated that 93% of all Fox watchers are Republicans and 95% of MSNBC watchers are Democrats. Since neither side watches the other’s news programs, each side is cognizant of only its own team’s heavily slanted rhetoric.

The conservative media is awash with details of voter fraud by Democrats, whilst the liberal media states with equal conviction that Mister Trump and his lawyers have provided no details whatever.

Therefore, those who voted Republican will conclude by watching their own “unbiased” news channel that Democrats have tried to steal the election and thereby steal control of the country.

And those who voted Democrat will conclude by watching their own “unbiased” news channel that Republicans have tried to steal the election and thereby steal control of the country.

Trump's own tweets are all the "media" I need.

Mike Cl

Sometimes there aren't two sides to a story--not two legit sides.  Trump is a glaring example.  He has no legitimate side to his story.  This headline caught my attention:  Trump Just Broke Through the Last Level of Neo-Fascism.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-just-broke-last-level-085740834.html

"When they start writing histories of the Trump era, I think the one-line summary will be something like this: While some portion of his appeal was based on legitimate grievances of working-class people against elites, he awakened an authoritarian impulse among the citizenry that was far larger and more rabid, and more easily triggered, than most of us ever imagined."

This 'authoritarian impulse' has puzzled me from the get-go.  I still can't fully understand it--but the author goes on:

"That is, if you’d asked me back in, oh, 2013, when Donald Trump was still just the foolish corrupt narcissist most everybody knew he was, what portion of the American public would fall for neo-fascism, I’d have said 25 percent tops. But events have shown us that it’s more like 40. At least 35. That’s pretty frightening.

What do I mean by neo-fascism? It’s a fairly obvious set of criteria. Here are five essential ones, though there are others: blind loyalty to a leader who’s really more of a national father figure; belief that the leader is the state; belief that opposition to the leader is opposition to the state, and thus treason; conviction (instilled or ignited by the leader) that the source of the problems facing the good wholesome ethnic majority is some Other or collection of Others who must be ostracized if not banished; agreement that the rules and constraints of democratic order are sometimes useful and should be obeyed as long as one can obey them and win, because doing so confers a certain legitimacy, but if they have to be cast aside to hold power, then cast aside they must be. These principles animate every fascist regime in human history. They are at the heart of Trumpism, and they have drawn many more adherents than I’d have thought possible in this country."

I wonder if the average German citizen of the mid '30s felt the same as me?  But not in my country, and not in 2016!  How blind was I???  One thing trumpies tell me is that there is a huge number of people who yearn for an authority figure to simply tell them what to do and how to do it.  The religious (all organized religions work this way, especially christianity) are trained for this type of leadership from the start.  That the nazi way of doing things found such a huge following still astounds me!!  But there it is...................

He goes on to say:
"We, however, did (voted him in). And now that that impulse has been awakened, putting it back to bed will be the work of a generation. Or two. The main thing that has to happen is that the system has to work well for enough working- and middle-class people again such that neo-fascism’s allures are diminished."

I do hope this nazi way of thinking (or not thinking) can be put to bed.  Can this country live long enough for the younger generation to put us back on a track to become an actual republic?  I hope so. 

BTW, this is from Michael Tomasky. 

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Cassia

Quote from: Mike Cl on December 11, 2020, 12:36:56 PM
Sometimes there aren't two sides to a story--not two legit sides.  Trump is a glaring example.  He has no legitimate side to his story.  This headline caught my attention:  Trump Just Broke Through the Last Level of Neo-Fascism.
One big difference between Hitler and Trump is that for a while Hitler actually delivered. You can still drive the Autobahn. All Trump did was pump up a disillusioned workforce (whose jobs were moved offshore) by telling them they were great again while blaming immigrants while he and his buddies (and plenty of Dems too) keep stealing their tax money and futures.
I would guess that as the climate continues to get hotter than we can even imagine, a social democracy with controlled capitalism will rise up as the boomers die off. Corporate officials worried about next quarter's profit are not gonna save us.

Hydra009

Baruch

Quote from: Cassia on December 11, 2020, 01:18:22 PM
One big difference between Hitler and Trump is that for a while Hitler actually delivered. You can still drive the Autobahn. All Trump did was pump up a disillusioned workforce (whose jobs were moved offshore) by telling them they were great again while blaming immigrants while he and his buddies (and plenty of Dems too) keep stealing their tax money and futures.
I would guess that as the climate continues to get hotter than we can even imagine, a social democracy with controlled capitalism will rise up as the boomers die off. Corporate officials worried about next quarter's profit are not gonna save us.

Well we know now, who you voted for in 1932.  But no, Mussolini didn't make the trains run on time (that was his PR department).  Did you drive a VW Bug (Fuhrer vehicle) to all the hippie protests?  Funny how former Christian cultists have moved over to the Beijing Biden cult.  If Biden serves kool-aide at the inaugural, I wouldn't drink it if I were you ;-)  Every American is part of a different branch of the People's Temple of Rev Jim Jones.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Cassia on December 11, 2020, 12:32:28 PM
Trump's own tweets are all the "media" I need.

Agreed.  All Presidential statements need to be laundered by MSM and CIA ;-)  Trump tweets as FDR does fireside chats on radio.  Because the newspapers hated FDR.

Cult followers will murder their own children on orders from the cult leader.  Being apolitical, my daughter is safe.

Pick on Texas if you must.  It is big enough and man enough to take it.  But I still hate New England, New York, West Coast.  They are deplorable ;-)

"SILENCE PLEBS: GOOGLE DECIDES YOUR PRESIDENT" ... actually Youtube.  Youtube works for Google.  Google works for CIA (same as Amazon, Wikipedia, Facebook).  Every legitimate office holder in the US is approved of by the CIA or they don't survive a trip to Dallas.

"FORTY FOUR STATES NOW DISPUTING THE ELECTION, 126 GOP REPS SIGN ON REJECTING BIDEN, SUPPORT TRUMP" ... not counting the 4 swing states being sued.  That leaves only 6 states not signed up for the new civil war.  See what happens with hippies overdose with Acid?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Blackleaf

The Supreme Court just rejected Texas' suit to overturn the battleground state votes. Even a Republican stacked Supreme Court won't take this shit seriously. Well, the coup attempt is dead. I think I can finally relax now. Part of me hopes Trump refuses to leave so we can see him physically dragged out.
--Fulke Greville--

Mike Cl

Quote from: Cassia on December 11, 2020, 01:18:22 PM

I had not thought about that.  Yeah, Hitler did get stuff done.  Took Germany out of the depression and made it function well, once again.  That makes our country even stupider than the Germans!  If one is not of the 1% group, trump has not done shit for you.  He has actually hurt them in many ways.  They don't care, he is still the cult leader.  Too stupid to live.................
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

So, you admire Hitler too then?  Interesting ...
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Jason Harvestdancer

Well get ready for a fun ride then.  On January 21st we're going to have the first time in this country's history where the President thinks he is genetically superior to the Vice President.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

Blackleaf

Quote from: Mike Cl on December 11, 2020, 08:06:26 PM
I had not thought about that.  Yeah, Hitler did get stuff done.  Took Germany out of the depression and made it function well, once again.  That makes our country even stupider than the Germans!  If one is not of the 1% group, trump has not done shit for you.  He has actually hurt them in many ways.  They don't care, he is still the cult leader.  Too stupid to live.................

The German's also didn't have the benefit of history to learn from. They were the first to make their mistakes. The Americans who want their orange dictator know history and want to repeat it.
--Fulke Greville--

Blackleaf

Quote from: Jason Harvestdancer on December 11, 2020, 09:01:38 PM
Well get ready for a fun ride then.  On January 21st we're going to have the first time in this country's history where the President thinks he is genetically superior to the Vice President.

Is that why he selected her? Because he's a white supremacist? Can you make a single post without sounding like an idiot?
--Fulke Greville--

Jason Harvestdancer

Quote from: Blackleaf on December 11, 2020, 09:03:22 PM
Is that why he selected her? Because he's a white supremacist? Can you make a single post without sounding like an idiot?
Growing up poor and Hispanic, I cannot count the number of white progressives who thought they were better than the people they were trying to help.  Conservatives say "you need god".  Progressives say "I am god".
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!