Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Wuhan Corona virus

Started by Sal1981, January 28, 2020, 09:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trdsf

Quote from: Hydra009 on April 14, 2020, 11:58:06 AM
The dumbest thing I've seen today:

I can but apologize for my home state.  We have our fair share of idiots too.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

trdsf

So, those pastors who insisted on keeping their churches open regardless of stay-at-home orders and the fact that we're in the middle of a fucking pandemic?

Yeah, I bet you can guess what's happening with them...
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Unbeliever

Just checking in again. I guess humanity isn't quite extinct yet.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Mermaid

A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Munch

Its okay, just tell them the shortbread biscuits (that is also jesus' flesh) is in that church, and the bar them inside.
Set up some cameras too and make a documentary about it.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Hijiri Byakuren

Trump just suspended US funding for the WHO, accusing them of mishandling the pandemic. I'll remind you that a month after the WHO had already declared this to be a global emergency, Trump was still downplaying the whole thing and comparing it to a flu. But sure, we'll blame the WHO.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Mermaid

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on April 14, 2020, 08:26:17 PM
Trump just suspended US funding for the WHO, accusing them of mishandling the pandemic. I'll remind you that a month after the WHO had already declared this to be a global emergency, Trump was still downplaying the whole thing and comparing it to a flu. But sure, we'll blame the WHO.
Shame on the senate for supporting this unbelievably evil, mentally ill man because he does their bidding. Shame on them.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Shiranu

In his defense, they did... badly.

I honestly don't know the reasoning behind it; scared of pissing off China? Incompetence? Something else? I don't know, but this was clearly an international emergency and an international disaster for at least a month before the WHO got off their asses and started sounding the alarm.

But for him to act like he wasn't a month behind even them is ridiculous, particularly when our intelligence and medical community was warning him this was an incoming national disaster before even the WHO were willing to say it was an issue and he did nothing about it.

Worse than nothing, actually, by spreading misinformation about how little we should be concerned.

But I am not entirely opposed to cutting funding for WHO either because I truly believe they are one of the massive culprits of this hitting the West so bad, and again I assume because they didn't want to hurt the PRC's poor little feelings. As for why it has hit America so bad though, that lands squarely on Trumps, the GOP, some Democrats and Fox News shoulders for all the misinformation they spread and pretending it wasn't a problem.

Edit: And if you are going to defund them, at least wait till after the pandemic.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Trump did whatever Fauci told him to (in Fauci's own words).  And Fauci is a tool of WHO, which is a tool of the CCP.  So Trump must be a tool of President Xi, not President Putin.  I have already seen Trump compared to the President of North Korea.  This is projection.  The Dems are the American Communist Party.

WHO is ruined by CCP, just like the UN.  There is no need for the US to fund or participate in any of that.  Unless of course the CCP is paying you to post here ;-)

I want all the Hollywood and Dem SJWs to go to Beijing to protest ;-)  Good luck with that.  Perhaps like Falung Gong they will get their pickled organs harvested ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Mermaid on April 14, 2020, 08:29:52 PM
Shame on the senate for supporting this unbelievably evil, mentally ill man because he does their bidding. Shame on them.

A Republican Senate won't support Dems.  It would be crazy if they did.  Sorry you have TDS, my Ex does too.  Hope you both get over it.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

GSOgymrat

This 3D simulation shows why social distancing is important.

Hydra009

"I don't see why I should wear protective gear when cutting wood, I still have nine fingers."

GSOgymrat

Candace Owens she strikes me as someone who found a niche and plays to it using talking points fed to her by smarter people, such as Dennis Prager. When asked a question outside her repertoire it's clear her understanding of politics and philosophy is superficial. This Twitter post feigning ignorance is another desperate attempt to gain attention through eliciting outrage.

Baruch

The political Chinese fire brigade, over Covid, is the fraud, not the infection.  But all political activity is fraudulent by nature.  It is always based on lies, false news and theft.  There will of course be much variation of hospitalization over time and from place to place.  This gives agent provocateurs (low level political hacks) plenty of room to cherry pick.

Of course I would be happy if California and NY were kept in isolation, permanently ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Quote from: GSOgymrat on April 15, 2020, 11:10:00 AMsmarter people, such as Dennis Prager.
Wow.  Never thought I see those words together.  I forget which one, but some Prager video floored me with some sort of seriously disingenuous attack against something reasonable (doesn't exactly narrow it down, I know)

You know how someone seems like a moderately intelligent straight shooter when they're talking about something you know practically nothing about, but then looks like a blatant liar when they talk about something you know a lot about?  That's Dennis Prager all over.