News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Wuhan Corona virus

Started by Sal1981, January 28, 2020, 09:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mermaid

Quote from: Jason Harvestdancer on January 28, 2022, 10:24:56 PM
No, I really do believe that the Covid fails to achieve the apocalyptic plague that people are still trying to say it is.

Moreover, they are doubling down on saying it is an apocalyptic plague because admitting you were wrong it difficult for many reasons, one of them being guilt.
Wrong how? In that millions of people have died from it? WTF man?
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

GSOgymrat

My husband's uncle, who was unvaccinated, died from COVID yesterday after a couple of days on a ventilator. They were not close and had not seen each other in decades.

Mr.Obvious

Still, sorry for your husband´s loss.
If not for the uncle he lost, then for the uncle he´ll never have had.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Hydra009

In Covid news, it seems Omicron is decreasing in the US.  Down considerably from its Jan 10th peak and steadily falling.  Same deal in NC, it's about half of what it was at the Jan 13th peak.  Importantly, the % of tests coming back positive is also going down.

Just gotta last the month...

Mermaid

Looks like we got sick at the end of this curve. Lucky us!
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Blackleaf

Time for the next variant...
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

SGOS

Covid must have a gene that doesn't make the other genes reproduce faithfully.

Jason Harvestdancer

I remember in the 80's there was a hysteria about satanic tortures being enacted at daycare.  People were even jailed over it.

Eventually the hysteria did subside.  During the hysteria, doubting the story wasn't exactly looked well upon.

Eventually the hysteria over Covid will subside.  I'm already there, and have been there for a while, but I am in the minority at this time.

That's why I am able to contemplate what will become of the most hysterical once the hysteria is over.  Will there ever be any apologies?
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

Mr.Obvious

Apples and oranges, mate.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Hydra009

Quote from: Jason Harvestdancer on February 04, 2022, 11:37:48 PMThat's why I am able to contemplate what will become of the most hysterical once the hysteria is over.  Will there ever be any apologies?
That all depends on you.  :P

SGOS

Quote from: Jason Harvestdancer on February 04, 2022, 11:37:48 PM
Eventually the hysteria over Covid will subside.  I'm already there, and have been there for a while, but I am in the minority at this time.
You seem to have a largely inflated self image.  It doesn't enhance that image much when telling others about your own superiority is the most you can offer.  And you are not in a minority. There are a lot of people out there who agree with you and are more likely to offer their approval.  Where I live, you might even be elected as special advisor to the mayor.

Mermaid

Quote from: Jason Harvestdancer on February 04, 2022, 11:37:48 PM
I remember in the 80's there was a hysteria about satanic tortures being enacted at daycare.  People were even jailed over it.

Eventually the hysteria did subside.  During the hysteria, doubting the story wasn't exactly looked well upon.

That's why I am able to contemplate what will become of the most hysterical once the hysteria is over.  Will there ever be any apologies?
Glad you are over it. Close to a full million dead Americans are probably glad for you too.

The dissonance and apparent inability to look past the end of ones own nose will never cease to astound me.

Hydra009

Imagine being so delusional that you expect normal people to not only kowtow to your alternative facts, but expect an apology from them like they're the ones messing up ðŸ˜,

Mike Cl

Look up hubris in the dictionary and there his picture is!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

drunkenshoe

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp