News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Any gamers around here?

Started by Agramon, June 21, 2013, 02:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munch

No harm in giving wow a go, its not to bad now. Raidings fun again, classes are.. sort of balanced, though the artifact system doesn't leave much room for changing specs. In legion, you take your chosen spec, get your artifact weapon, and then if you choose to pump all power into it, your be left with the one spec, and not much room to chop and change between them.

Races though, if you haven't seen the updated models, some of them are sooo good, like trolls, dwarves, tauren and draenei, while others are kinda unremarkable, like night elves, humans and blood elves.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Hydra009

Quote from: Cavebear on November 28, 2016, 12:58:13 AMI DO enjoy Rick and Morty.  I wish Rick would drool less though.
A popular fan theory is that the drool is actually mega seed juice.  Ingesting mega seeds creates green drool - Morty drooled a green liquid when he tried to smuggle mega seeds and they ended up dissolving in his body. 

So Rick has been artificially boosting his intelligence throughout most of the series.  But this theory might disconfirmed because Rick has twice so far been deprived of his lab for extended lengths of time with no noticeable ill effects

Cavebear

Quote from: Hydra009 on November 28, 2016, 08:47:47 PM
A popular fan theory is that the drool is actually mega seed juice.  Ingesting mega seeds creates green drool - Morty drooled a green liquid when he tried to smuggle mega seeds and they ended up dissolving in his body. 

So Rick has been artificially boosting his intelligence throughout most of the series.  But this theory might disconfirmed because Rick has twice so far been deprived of his lab for extended lengths of time with no noticeable ill effects

Well, who can argue with mega-seeds?  I'll keep that in mind.  And keep in mind yourself that Rick has brought Morty into alternate universes at least once, so things can change. 
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Mike Cl

Not to change the subject (which means, of course, I want to do just that), but has anybody played Far Cry Primal???
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Cavebear

Quote from: Mike Cl on December 02, 2016, 08:46:52 AM
Not to change the subject (which means, of course, I want to do just that), but has anybody played Far Cry Primal???

Is it available on a Commodore 64?  (just kidding)

Mike Cl

Quote from: Cavebear on December 02, 2016, 09:20:42 AM
Is it available on a Commodore 64?  (just kidding)
Yeah, I think so.  Must be since (I think) Intellivision has it.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Cavebear

Quote from: Mike Cl on December 02, 2016, 10:50:02 AM
Yeah, I think so.  Must be since (I think) Intellivision has it.

Oddly, I remembered a game I wanted to play again.  You created a team of players with various skills, then wandered around blindly (making a map as you went) and solved problems.  I woke up to look for it, forgetting it was a long-lost Commodore 64 game...  Thief Of Fate, or something like that.

Munch

â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–,,â–,,â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'
â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'██▀█â–,,â–'â–'â–,,██▀â–'â–'â–'â–'â–,,██â–,,â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'
â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'██â–,,â–,,â–,,████████â–,,â–,,█▀â–'▀█â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'
â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–,,██████████████████â–,,â–ˆâ–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'
â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–,,██████████████████████â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'
â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–,,████████▀â–'▀█████████████â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'
â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'███████▀â–'â–'â–'â–'▀████████████â–,,â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'
â–'â–'â–'â–'██████▀â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'▀███████████â–,,â–,,â–,,▀▀â–,,â–'â–'
â–'â–,,▀▀████▀â–'â–'â–'â–,,â–,,â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'████████â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–ˆâ–'â–'
â–ˆâ–'â–'â–'▀█▀█â–'â–'â–'â–'▀▀â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'██â–'â–'███â–'██▀â–'â–'â–'â–'â–,,â–€â–'â–'
â–ˆâ–'â–'â–'â–'▀██â–,,â–'â–'â–'â–,,â–'â–'â–'â–€â–'â–'â–'â–,,â–'â–'â–'███â–'██â–,,â–,,â–,,▀▀â–'â–'â–'â–'
â–'â–€â–,,â–,,â–,,â–,,███â–,,â–'â–'â–€â–,,â–,,â–,,â–€â–,,â–,,â–,,â–€â–'â–'â–'███â–'â–ˆâ–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'
â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'████â–,,â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–,,██â–'â–ˆâ–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–,,▀▀
â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'███▀▀█▀â–,,â–,,â–,,â–,,â–,,â–,,â–,,â–,,â–,,▀█████â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–,,â–€â–'â–'â–,,
â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'█▀â–'â–'â–ˆâ–'â–€â–,,â–,,â–,,â–,,â–,,â–,,â–,,â–,,â–,,â–€â–'███â–'█▀▀▀â–,,â–€â–'â–'â–,,â–€â–'
â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–,,â–€â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'▀█▀â–'â–'â–ˆâ–'â–'â–'â–'█▀â–'â–'â–'
â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–ˆâ–'â–'â–'â–ˆâ–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–ˆâ–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–ˆâ–'â–'â–'
â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–ˆâ–,,â–,,â–ˆâ–'â–€â–,,â–'â–'â–ˆâ–,,â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–ˆâ–'â–'â–,,â–ˆâ–'â–'â–ˆâ–'â–'â–'
â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–€â–,,â–,,â–€â–'â–'█▀▀█â–'▀▀▀▀█▀▀█▀▀▀▀█â–'â–ˆâ–'â–'â–'â–'

hi, I'm bob.

Hydra009

Mechwarrior 5 is now in the works and will likely be done by 2018.

The pre-alpha footage looks similar to Mechwarrior Online.  So graphics-wise, it looks like it'll be decent at release.  It certainly will be a huge improvement over Mechwarrior 4.

I'm not anticipating to be blown away by this installment, but I'd like something good enough to get the series back up and running.  As long as they get the basics down, I'll be happy.

Munch

Munch

So this has been floating around, figured I'd bring it up.

Blizzard, a company I've known for several years now, and knowing them though wow, the diablo games, and while not having played it yet, the newest game Overwatch, hyped up recently the fact they were gonna reveal one of their characters as being gay.

https://gamerant.com/overwatch-lgbt-character-reveal/

This hyped up a lot, more so because honestly, compared to anything else from movies to comic books to other games, blizzard has lacked, majorly, on any lgbtq characters in any of their titles, even world of warcraft thats been running none stop for over a decade hasn't had any, despite the thousands of characters in the game.

So people guessed about who it could be, maybe blizzard would try something daring like having two male characters, or have the extremely robust Zarya, or the goofy buddy relationship between junkrat and roadhog.

So the reveal came and:

https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2016/12/blizzard-officially-confirms-first-gay-character-i.html

Its their poster girl, Tracer.

At first, I was surprised, since the comic was a nice set up, and it honestly surprised me that blizzard finally had a gay character, not just a said character, but a main character in one of their titles who was gay.

And then I realized what this was. Given the playerbase of blizzard games, it being as they themselves confirmed often, consisting mostly of young to adult straight guys as the majority, and I can attest to this looking on the blizzard and mmo champ forums, so really, this didn't feel like any kind of step up to me for this company.

Not to sound like some raving sjw, its just seems most people figured out quick this wasn't so much blizzards attempt at trying to more diversity, but more just going for the safe option in one of their games. There was no real build up, it was just thrown, advertised like a BBQ event, and thats all I see them using this for. This way the only people they will piss off are devote religous morons and countries like russia (which banned the comic from being shown).
They won't lose any straight dudes, women don't seems to care unless they to find it appealing, and it hands the LGBTQ community a napkin for once in its 20 years.

To me, I would have preferred Hanzo and McCree.

but still, seems like baby steps for blizzard.

Hydra009

Huh.  I sorta figured it'd be Zarya.  Though I suppose a butch-looking lesbian would be a bit cliche.

Yeah, lesbianism is definitely the less controversial option.  As an aside, I always found it weird that when gay marriage was still the hot button issue of the day, its detractors would point almost exclusively at male homosexuality as this horrible scourge upon society.

Still, I guess it's good that Blizzard introduced any gay characters at all.  Big companies usually are reluctant to wade into those waters and piss off some of their fans, even if it's just the hardcore religious people.

If it makes you feel any better, Hanzo is gay in my headcanon.  Also, Bastion is asexual.

Shiranu

Not impressed. Even the most rabid anti-gay people go wild for sexy women making out.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hijiri Byakuren

Now that I think about it, are there any AAA titles featuring a gay male lead?
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel