News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Any gamers around here?

Started by Agramon, June 21, 2013, 02:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Agramon

Pick up Civ:Beyond Earth last night on a steam sale and stayed up until 6 am playing it. So far, I like it better than Civ 5. The aliens provide a nice buffer between states and trade is much more streamlined.
"And, tricked by our own early dream
And need of solace, we grew self-deceived,
Our making soon our maker did we deem,
And what we had imagined we believed."
- Thomas Hardy

kilodelta

Quote from: Agramon on December 19, 2014, 02:23:56 PM
Pick up Civ:Beyond Earth last night on a steam sale and stayed up until 6 am playing it. So far, I like it better than Civ 5. The aliens provide a nice buffer between states and trade is much more streamlined.

This sale is weighing heavily on my mind... Now you've exacerbated it by giving the game praise.
Faith: pretending to know things you don't know

Hydra009

Knock and hold.  Wait for the massive discounts, then loose.  Not before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5my6O7eqtZQ

Brothers! Our Steam wallets have never fallen before, they will not fall tonight! Those are AAA titles on our monitors! They will devour your wallets in one bite if you let them.  Do you want to fill the coffers of an Ubisoft exec with an impulse buy and nary a penny left over for an indie title? I say no!  Today, we watch and wait.  Tonight, we buy! And when the sun rises tomorrow over your scrollable games libraries, I promise you, our wallets will not be depleted!  Our wallets will survive this onslaught! With me now! Now with me!

GrinningYMIR

But Sir! The sales are so strong, Wolfenstein, Shadows of Mordor, Civlization and VVVVV! Even Knights of the Old Republic, Dragon Age, and Rollercoaster tycoon stand against us! How can we hope to match such discounts? Our wallets are doomed, we have to log off of Steam or else we'll all be driven into Social and Economical Death!
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Shiranu

QuoteEven Knights of the Old Republic

Don't buy it on Steam, it is broken. At least, it was last time I tried to play it. Crashes, locks up, save files corrupt, everything... and it wasn't just me, the comments bellow the game said it happened for pretty much everyone.

You don't know the disappointment my heart felt.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

GrinningYMIR

Quote from: Shiranu on December 19, 2014, 04:59:43 PM
Don't buy it on Steam, it is broken. At least, it was last time I tried to play it. Crashes, locks up, save files corrupt, everything... and it wasn't just me, the comments bellow the game said it happened for pretty much everyone.

You don't know the disappointment my heart felt.

....God dammit

That's depressing
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

GrinningYMIR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euwwOobEgRE

Not quite a gamer thing, but I love how terrified they were when the dude walked in, those quiet rage guys are frightening

PickelledEggs

HEROES OF THE STORM IS AVAILABLE FOR INSTALL RIGHT NOWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!

PickelledEggs

It looks like they are doing the "earn/buy the extra characters" crap like LoL and Smite does.... Kind of turned off by that....

Hydra009

At long last, I got Walking Dead Season 2 and Endless Legend (the game I was gushing about 6 months ago).  Both look really enjoyable.  Still on the lookout for the Telltale Game of Thrones game.

But I'm already pretty busy, so I have no idea where I'm going to find the time for this stuff.  Maybe if I cut out sleeping and eating...

GrinningYMIR

Sleep, like Sanity is for the weak.

WD season 2 was pretty good, but it didn't have quite the emotion of Season 1, at least not to me

[spoiler]Lee getting shot by Clementine was probably one of the saddest moments in any game I've played. [/spoiler]

GrinningYMIR

Quote from: PickelledEggs on December 22, 2014, 01:16:14 AM
It looks like they are doing the "earn/buy the extra characters" crap like LoL and Smite does.... Kind of turned off by that....

Pay to win games rub me the wrong way, I had high hopes for heroes of the storm too, a lot of my favorite lore characters were in it

Hydra009

So I just found out that I never actually beat Walking Dead Season 1.  I only beat the first episode of it and it has 5 episodes.  I saw a cutscene and thought that was a teaser for the next season.  I was like "Hrm...that was short.  Oh well."

PickelledEggs

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on December 22, 2014, 03:06:04 PM
Pay to win games rub me the wrong way, I had high hopes for heroes of the storm too, a lot of my favorite lore characters were in it
Yeah, at least there isn't the rune system like there is in Leage of Legends... The only thing you would be unlocking by either paying or using in-game exp-points is characters, as far as I can tell. IDK, I'll have to try a game or two more. It looks nicely put together and the graphics are decent and on par with Dota.

I don't think I will be switching from Dota any time soon though.

GrinningYMIR

Hydra....oooh..sorry for the spoiler, if you haven't read it don't read it!
the way Telltale put it up is odd, essentially 5 expansions per game, but relabeled as seasons and parts and whatnot

Doohhhtttaaaa

Blizzard will keep finding ways to make money, and they won't make a product that's crappy at the start, they're too good for that now. They'll make it crappy later! thought the P2W system still ticks me off