News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Any gamers around here?

Started by Agramon, June 21, 2013, 02:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cl

Steam--I don't mind the queue.  I usually put my own filters on my game searches anyway.  But they had a couple of games I'm sort of interested.  I'm really in the mood for another Skyrim-like game.  And I realize they don't come along very often.  Anyway, looking at Alien:Isolation; Europea Universalis IV (think this is related to a Civ game) and Warbrand.  But Hydra has me looking at Dawn of War, Freelancer, and The Vanishing of Ethan Carter--looks promising.  I do look at at the games ratings with a google search as well as the Steam users.  I like to watch some you tube about them if I can. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Hydra009

I just really wish there was a "find game like ____" option.  Oh well.

On the plus side, I can finally filter out all that early access garbage.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Mike Cl on October 15, 2014, 11:26:54 AM
Well, Pickle, I have about 6 hrs into Dayz.  For my labors I have found 4 apples (6 rotten ones) and 3 barries, three water pumps and a pond to drink from.  That's it.  On yeah--dozens and dozens of zombies.  Nobody else or anything else.  Well, several empty factories, train stations, homes, farms, sheds, etc, but that 's it.  Death is usually by freezing to death, some by zombie bites and some from starvation.  And two blue screen crashes.  Think I'll let this alpha simmer for awhile before I try again. 

How is Mordor coming along?

Haha the one of the days right after I got Rust, I accidently went 14 straight hours on it. I didn't eat or drink any fluids. I was hurting the next day because of lack of nourishment. I befriended this other player that helped me make a house with a metal door and we shared it and stored all our supplies in it. The next day we were both playing and he walked out for a second, and a new guy came in and started bashing my head in with a rock... it was the same guy. He changed his steam name before he came in and since it was his door, he was able to kill me, and when I respawned, he changed the lock so I couldn't come in. I lost so much trust in everyone in that game hahaha It's fun though if you have some one to build with as a real ally.

Mordor is amazing. The story is well done, the game play is also well done. Just a great game in every aspect. I recommend it fully.

Mike Cl

Steam.............it can be irritating at times.
A funny thing happened on my way to Mordor.  It took 12 hrs to download to my computer!!!!  Not sure I would have bought it if I'd have know.  Anyway, while it was downloading I checked out Civ V.  I loved Civ 3 and played it for months.  Somehow did not play Civ V--but got into it during the download.  So, I guess I'll have to get rid of this Civ V addiction before I get into Mordor.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

PickelledEggs

What is your Internet speed?

Sent from your mom

Mike Cl

Quote from: PickelledEggs on October 18, 2014, 02:40:12 PM
What is your Internet speed?

Sent from your mom
Must be slow, slower, slowest.......................
Pickles how can you tell???

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Mike Cl on October 18, 2014, 05:09:12 PM
Because it takes me 10 min to install  a 20 gig game from steam lol

Sent from your mom

GrinningYMIR

my internet speed sucks, but I also relying on wifi since I have no hardline up here
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Hydra009

16Mbps here.  Pitiful.

I just heard that South Korea is switching over to 10Gbps soon.  Lucky bastards.

Hydra009

Quote from: Mike Cl on October 18, 2014, 05:09:12 PM
http://www.speedtest.net/

(it helps to run it when you aren't downloading anything or have a bunch of tabs up)

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Hydra009 on October 19, 2014, 12:59:45 AM
16Mbps here.  Pitiful.

I just heard that South Korea is switching over to 10Gbps soon.  Lucky bastards.
Yeah. I rewired my internet so I don't need wifi anymore. It feels good

Hydra009

Just found my new favorite game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldmpROBMJvk

"Play as ancient squid monsters from another dimension or as giant killer robots."

"The tone, character, and pacing of a Command & Conquer game mixed with the mammoth battles of an Annihilation game."

Mike Cl

Quote from: Hydra009 on October 19, 2014, 01:01:03 AM
http://www.speedtest.net/

(it helps to run it when you aren't downloading anything or have a bunch of tabs up)
Thanks for the website.  Do you use Ookla?  Is it legit?  Anyway, my download speed is 10.39.  But I'm not sure how that relates--is that good or bad?

Hydra009

Quote from: Mike Cl on October 19, 2014, 08:48:34 AM
Thanks for the website.  Do you use Ookla?  Is it legit?
Yes.

QuoteAnyway, my download speed is 10.39.  But I'm not sure how that relates--is that good or bad?
Around the average for the united states.

Mike Cl

Damn--I guess I need to get a South Korean computer.

And as usual these days, the US is way down on the list.