News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Any gamers around here?

Started by Agramon, June 21, 2013, 02:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

Actually, on the note of reinstalling games...

Just reinstalled Cyberpunk 2077 last night, and damn... it's come a long way. Only 1 bug in the last 4 hours, and it feels like they have added a metric fuckton of dialog, NPCs building story, non-story related activities, stuff like that. Almost gives me some GTA vibes now, but in a much cooler world.

Game... might just be in a playable state now. I enjoyed it at release, bugs and all, but now it's feeling really good.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Mike Cl

Quote from: Shiranu on February 17, 2022, 03:17:37 PM
Actually, on the note of reinstalling games...

Just reinstalled Cyberpunk 2077 last night, and damn... it's come a long way. Only 1 bug in the last 4 hours, and it feels like they have added a metric fuckton of dialog, NPCs building story, non-story related activities, stuff like that. Almost gives me some GTA vibes now, but in a much cooler world.

Game... might just be in a playable state now. I enjoyed it at release, bugs and all, but now it's feeling really good.
As I understand it, a major 'update' was issued a couple of days ago.  Maybe that ironed out many bugs and I think it added some new content.  I've been holding off on this game since it came out.  I love my Fallout 4's--do you think this is worth adding now?
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Shiranu

Quote from: Mike Cl on February 17, 2022, 06:01:31 PM
As I understand it, a major 'update' was issued a couple of days ago.  Maybe that ironed out many bugs and I think it added some new content.  I've been holding off on this game since it came out.  I love my Fallout 4's--do you think this is worth adding now?

Didn't get to play much, but yeah I'm really enjoying it. Everything feels so much crisper and well done, probably still not up to expectations but actually playable without being frustrating and removing your immersion.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Mike Cl

Quote from: Shiranu on February 17, 2022, 09:14:56 PM
Didn't get to play much, but yeah I'm really enjoying it. Everything feels so much crisper and well done, probably still not up to expectations but actually playable without being frustrating and removing your immersion.
Sounds good.  Maybe now is the time to take it on.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Shiranu

Quote from: Mike Cl on February 18, 2022, 12:00:44 AM
Sounds good.  Maybe now is the time to take it on.

Got another 3 hours in today, two glitches; another graphical glitch (npc spawned standing up in a car) and a bit of audio distortion in a story phone call; annoying, but nothing game breaking.

SvZurich

I'm back to replaying Xenogears and Chrono Cross on my PS3 and planning to dig into Total War Warhammer 3 this weekend.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Kimberly (HSBUH) aka Baroness Sylvia endorses the Meadow Party's Bill N' Opus for the 2024 Presidential election! Or a Sanders/Warren ticket.

Mike Cl

Enormous Cyberpunk 2077 patch tweaks almost everything about it.
https://www.pcgamer.com/enormous-cyberpunk-2077-patch-tweaks-almost-everything-about-it/?utm_campaign=XPG_NWL

CDPR has announced and detailed a major new patch for Cyberpunk 2077 that has gone live, and the studio has clearly been hard at work on this one. The list of fixes, tweaks and additions are enormous, and cover everything from AI behaviour to re-balancing skills, adding new elements to the world, and pretty much overhauling the driving model. Night City is about to go through some big changes.

Perhaps the most significant are those that CDPR groups under 'Living City', because there's an truckload of improvements to enemy and NPC AI. The patch notes basically list fixes for everything that non-player characters ever do in the game. The following is a partial list taken from the full patch notes, and there are improvements to:

"Taking cover, positioning, reloading, equipping weapons, dodging, blocking and many others [...] hit reactions and death animations [...] Enemies are now much better at blocking and evading (Kerenzikov) attacks [...] Further diversification of melee and ranged combat behaviors for different factions: reckless, aggressive, balanced, defensive and cautious [...] Followers now contribute more in combat [...] Numerous fixes and balance changes to netrunner combat."

It is on sale right now, which makes it a good time to pick it up.

Shiranu

Quote from: SvZurich on February 18, 2022, 02:43:49 AM
I'm back to replaying Xenogears and Chrono Cross on my PS3 and planning to dig into Total War Warhammer 3 this weekend.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Still trying to decide if I want to buy it now or wait; CA games can be... wonky... at launch lol.

Shiranu

Warhammer 3 is actually on Microsoft Gamepass, so you can play it for $2 dollars the first month (+all the other games in GP).

Hydra009

Quote from: Shiranu on February 18, 2022, 05:14:05 PM
Still trying to decide if I want to buy it now or wait; CA games can be... wonky... at launch lol.
I affectionately call them Creative Some Assembly Required.  :P

Blackleaf

Quote from: Mike Cl on February 18, 2022, 04:28:15 PM
Enormous Cyberpunk 2077 patch tweaks almost everything about it.
https://www.pcgamer.com/enormous-cyberpunk-2077-patch-tweaks-almost-everything-about-it/?utm_campaign=XPG_NWL

CDPR has announced and detailed a major new patch for Cyberpunk 2077 that has gone live, and the studio has clearly been hard at work on this one. The list of fixes, tweaks and additions are enormous, and cover everything from AI behaviour to re-balancing skills, adding new elements to the world, and pretty much overhauling the driving model. Night City is about to go through some big changes.

Perhaps the most significant are those that CDPR groups under 'Living City', because there's an truckload of improvements to enemy and NPC AI. The patch notes basically list fixes for everything that non-player characters ever do in the game. The following is a partial list taken from the full patch notes, and there are improvements to:

"Taking cover, positioning, reloading, equipping weapons, dodging, blocking and many others [...] hit reactions and death animations [...] Enemies are now much better at blocking and evading (Kerenzikov) attacks [...] Further diversification of melee and ranged combat behaviors for different factions: reckless, aggressive, balanced, defensive and cautious [...] Followers now contribute more in combat [...] Numerous fixes and balance changes to netrunner combat."

It is on sale right now, which makes it a good time to pick it up.

So, Cyberpunk is basically in the state that it should have been in at launch?
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Shiranu

Blackleaf

https://twitter.com/i/status/1494051154916958209

Nintendo: "Don't pirate our games."

Nintendo fans: "Okay. Can we buy them from you?"

"Nope."

"Can you include them in on NSO?"

"Maybe, eventually. Or maybe we'll emulate another SEGA console instead, and jack up the price.
--Fulke Greville--

Blackleaf

While I'm glad Cyberpunk is finally in an acceptable state, I don't appreciate this recent trend, where publishers release a game in an unacceptably broken state, and then eventually fix it. I understand games will launch with bugs, especially open world games, where a lot of things can randomly go wrong. But a game should be released in a state where, if they would be unable to patch it, people would still be happy with what they created.
--Fulke Greville--

Mike Cl

Quote from: Blackleaf on February 18, 2022, 10:52:13 PM
So, Cyberpunk is basically in the state that it should have been in at launch?
Seems so.  Which is why I never pre-purchase a game.  Well, one exception--Fallout 4, and I lucked out on that one.  And I usually wait for it to go on sale.