Previous topic - Next topic

Blackleaf

Quote from: _Xenu_ on May 21, 2019, 05:57:38 PM
Free Steam keys:

Streets of Rogue
0G84E-G2M9C-V3B4M

Punch Club
2KZ52-TW9NB-KEDB5

I have Streets of Rogue. Fun and funny. Would recommend. Hadn't heard of Punch Club before, but looks like someone took that code.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Cavebear

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on May 17, 2019, 12:03:26 PM
Is it even possible to beat Deity without using a calculator and advanced math?

I knew people who beat Deity with a single super-science city, from a small island, and flat-out militarily.  I never could.  Those few were  Civ Deities.  So I organized a tournament among those few.  It was unbelievable how they played.  I made a a trophy for the winner...

Good memories...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Cavebear

Got stuck in a battle with the Asian Indians at King level in Civ 2 and not enough time to build/launch/land a successful Spaceship!  Will have to try again, getting my early cities developed faster.  Will try more caravans/trade next time!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on May 31, 2019, 12:00:26 PM
Got stuck in a battle with the Asian Indians at King level in Civ 2 and not enough time to build/launch/land a successful Spaceship!  Will have to try again, getting my early cities developed faster.  Will try more caravans/trade next time!

Guns vs Butter, there is no solution, other than to grease your guns with gee.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Sal1981

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piIgkJWDuQg

more than 8 minutes of weirdness and still as clueless as 2 years ago what this fucking game is even about. Thanks Kojima.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on May 31, 2019, 10:11:43 PM
Guns vs Butter, there is no solution, other than to grease your guns with gee.

You mean ghee?  And you don't actually know anything about Civ2 do you?

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on June 04, 2019, 01:56:18 AM
You mean ghee?  And you don't actually know anything about Civ2 do you?

So, grammar nazi then, stick that in your margarine.  I do know about video games like Civ2.  But I only play the one.  If it is a good simulation, then the problems are both real and universal.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on June 04, 2019, 06:01:15 AM
So, grammar nazi then, stick that in your margarine.  I do know about video games like Civ2.  But I only play the one.  If it is a good simulation, then the problems are both real and universal.

"Like Civ2" but you don't know anything about Civ 2 do you?  What does a Collosseum do in Civ2?    How many citizens before you need an aqueduct?  You are don't know, do you?  So don't pretend.

Cavebear

Anyway, I beat King level last night.  I not only landed a colonizing ship on Alpha Centuri, but I had the next most powerful civ down to the last couple cities.  And that was with Raging Hordes of Barbarians I had to keep destroying.  It was a near thing getting to Alpha Centuri with only 10 years left and nearly killing the other Civs, but I nearly managed both.

Next game is utter warfare at King.  If I can do that, I'll try Deity level.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on June 04, 2019, 06:08:51 AM
"Like Civ2" but you don't know anything about Civ 2 do you?  What does a Collosseum do in Civ2?    How many citizens before you need an aqueduct?  You are don't know, do you?  So don't pretend.

You are such a braggart ... in Italian Commedia dell'Arte ...

https://www.italymask.co.nz/About+Masks/Commedia+dellArte+Characters.html

I am Zanni.  You are Il Capitano.  There are only seven narratives in human life, as in novel plots.  We each model standard archetypes.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on June 04, 2019, 02:44:31 PM
You are such a braggart ... in Italian Commedia dell'Arte ...

https://www.italymask.co.nz/About+Masks/Commedia+dellArte+Characters.html

I am Zanni.  You are Il Capitano.  There are only seven narratives in human life, as in novel plots.  We each model standard archetypes.

How can I be a braggart when I acknowledge I struggle at middle levels of an old game?  And I have to admit, I just discovered there is "Emperor" between King and Deity levels.  I got through King by the skin of my teeth.  If Emperor is harder by much and Deity harder than that, I haven't got a chance.

But I'm sure going to try...  Sometimes the "trying" is worth the effort.  :)

Cavebear

Update...  I just got crushed in 3 new games at "Emperor" tonight, so I think I really need to plan the early game more carefully.  I got a bit casual at the first few city's defenses.  Apparently, that is something "Emperor" civs really notice. 

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on June 06, 2019, 06:05:52 AM
Update...  I just got crushed in 3 new games at "Emperor" tonight, so I think I really need to plan the early game more carefully.  I got a bit casual at the first few city's defenses.  Apparently, that is something "Emperor" civs really notice.

Generally the good strategy is generate as much butter up front as possible, so you can rapidly create high quality fighters when necessary.  Better than creating lots of low quality fighters continually, while starving development.  But you have to have a minimum of minimum quality fighters to survive the early rounds.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

From E3:

Improvements are improvements, I guess so I won't begrudge them this, but don't tell me that power windows are cutting edge.

Blackleaf

Borderlands: The Handsome Collection is 97% off on Steam right now. It includes Borderlands 2, The Pre-Sequel, and DLC for $6.02. If you were ever considering giving Borderlands a try, and you're a PC player, now's the time.

https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/8133/Borderlands_The_Handsome_Collection/
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--